#1 Matsy

Matsy

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3105 posts
  • Guild Tag:[zzZ]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

Been trying to sort this for weeks using various different things and nothing is working.

I set a custom desktop colour settings profile in the nvidia control panel (brightness, contrast etc), everything is fine and dandy....till I log off. As soon a I turn my computer back on and it gets to the main screen, my settings are gone!!!, I have to go back into the control panel (the settings are apparently still on in the panel, turn it off, then back on for the settings to kick in again.

Any idea's on how to fix this?

Using the latest 310 drivers, even tried reverting back a few and nothing helped.

Also a some what related issue, when I go into certain games in fullscreen (Batman AC or something) my settings will revert back to default and require a reboot to get them to come back, any idea what this is about?

Been trying to find a fullscreen windowed thing for adges as it doesn't happen in games with that option, I have to play half my games in windowed :/ and it looks horrible.

#2 Ezendor

Ezendor

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SYN]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:35 AM

Why don't you set colour profiles through your monitor instead? o.O

#3 Matsy

Matsy

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3105 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:17 AM

View PostEzendor, on 29 November 2012 - 04:35 AM, said:

Why don't you set colour profiles through your monitor instead? o.O

Because my monitor's colors arn't good enough the blacks are too light and the setting I have selected (RNG) it has no option to change anything so It has to be done via software the other settings which have options to change stuff on the monitor don't give a good enough black, its just washed out.

#4 Ezendor

Ezendor

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SYN]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

View PostMatsy, on 29 November 2012 - 08:17 AM, said:

Because my monitor's colors arn't good enough the blacks are too light and the setting I have selected (RNG) it has no option to change anything so It has to be done via software the other settings which have options to change stuff on the monitor don't give a good enough black, its just washed out.

Artificially tuning blacks down would probably just turn your monitor into a horrible looking mess no?  Can't force what a monitor can't do /:  Either way, there's a newer beta out now.  310.64, give it a try.

#5 Matsy

Matsy

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3105 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

Updated, and no luck still resets.

Nah it just makes the blacks more....black, instead of washed out like they are without using the nvidia desktop color settings.
I've even had to resort to using Shift Window to allow me to play games in a fakey windowed fullscreen as its the only thing that will stop my colors from reseting back to a washed out mess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users