• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 PsycoPsymon

PsycoPsymon

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

Hello rangers and non rangers. I have stated we have plenty of viable builds and i shall now post a few i have used that has worked.

http://intothemists....67;1PcW5PcW59cH

This build is a close point bunker build. It has nice support healing through the moa and healing spring. this build is used to evade alot of damage while your pet can keep up damage and you can sneak in condition damage, I choise the black and pink moas for they f2 skills to grant extra rupts. which is also great for support team mates thats about to get stomped as well as helping prolong your self being stomped. the elite can be swapped out for the spirit if wanted which if times right can help rez you back up. also some plays see that spirit and stop attacking you and begin to attack it delaying ur death a bit more.

If you want a more physical damage based build swap the ammy for a clerics ammy granting more power slightly less armor and more healing power.

http://intothemists....F6;29cV19cV16gy

This one is what i like to call a bully build. I use it to know people off a point so i can uncapp it and cap it for my team. its great when around a choke point as you can knock back multiple foes. you have ways of getting and keeping people off the point. as well as an immobilize to stop them from getting there via the dog and muddy terrain, if wanting a third immobilize you can swap out rampage as one for entangle.  You get high physical damage and with the trait u can add extra damage for each rupt every 5 secs, which you get from counter attack, hilt bash, pointblank shot, and the knock down leaps from the two pets.

This build can quickly shut someone down to where they can begin to get frustrated as you have soooo many interupts and cause them to play around your attacks.

http://intothemists....3S;1sV2DsV2D6By

Ok this is one of my fav builds I made. This is a crit hybrid build built on stack might onto your pet as well as any other boons u recieve. The raven is a big damage dealing in this build. With 25 stacks of might even most bunkers go wtf was that that just hit me. This build is able to do a vast amounts of things and makes an excellent roamer in pvp. It has the ability to semi bunker a point long enough for teams to be able to fall back as well as a 2x spike from birds and pet swapping. the main way to spike with this build is to use rampage followed by warhorn skill #4. This will build up our 25 stacks of might on our pet very fast more so when used with qz. after that u keep applying pressure using winters bite to snare them and allow your pet to attack them to apply the fumble onto then to stop they dodging regen. Close the gap onto them and weapon swap to grant ur pet 3 more stacks of might as well as for yourself and begin spamming the sword auto attack and use the other skills when needed. once u feel u have then snared enought with the sword auto attack activate the birds f2 skill and watch the hp drop greatly if its a glass cannon. for an additional spike u can also pet swap right after the raven attacks with the blinding slash and quickly activate the other ravens f2 skill thus resulting in a huge spike. For healing we chose to go with troll unguent, but u can also use healing spring for a more team combo field and a second condi removal. the great thing about this build is that any boom u get your pet also gains and with the right weapon swapping ur pet can start a fight with 8 stacks of might for about 15 secs.  when sitting on a point u can activate healing spring and wait it out to give the pet over 30-1min of regen if did multiple times just from sitting in the spring. if u want to see a higher might stacks on ya pet try a jungle stalker u can stack 18 stack of might using same method without rampaging. only problem with the cat pet tho is you will need something to immobilze your target long enough for the pet to deal that massive damage. as for armor runes we went with divinity for a nice extra crit damage and if wanted u can use eagle or ranger runes instead for a higher crit chance but slightly lower crit damage.

I will post more builds soon . The next will probably be a  condition hybrid build i have had great success with. Note the builds are not the i win everything all day everyday builds, But they are great builds  that are viable and have been tournament tested. Its something else to play besides a condi trap ranger.

Edited by PsycoPsymon, 11 December 2012 - 10:08 AM.

#2 Antisceptic

Antisceptic

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:24 AM

After our duel today, I am looking forward to your newest build.

#3 Failth

Failth

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:44 AM

Props to psymon!
Funny guy on stream

#4 PsycoPsymon

PsycoPsymon

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

bump added a third build

#5 captquebec

captquebec

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

you got any video or stream to see this in action ?

#6 PsycoPsymon

PsycoPsymon

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

sorry i don't know how to do that other wise i would

#7 flimp

flimp

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SYN]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

Woo. I'll borrow my friend's ranger and give it a shot in WvW. Thanks Psy!

#8 PyrexFierceshot

PyrexFierceshot

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:45 PM

Tried out your first build. Im really enjoying it ^^. Ive been away for awhile from Guild Wars 2 but I feel like that build is playing for me hehe.

#9 Zicarous88

Zicarous88

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

your first build  condi damage? wouldn't direct power be better as not too many condis? lso what sigils on weapons?

#10 PsycoPsymon

PsycoPsymon

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

all the weapon sigils are posted in the build just scroll down to the bottom also i already stated that u can swap out the shaman ammy for a clerics ammy if conditions isnt your thing . the sigils for the weapons are endurance on weapon swap with a sigil that grants extra healing power on a kill on dagger.

#11 Zicarous88

Zicarous88

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

i was just wondering about the condi as from what i could tell its not main source of damage.  and ah they are at the bottom will look not seen the calculator before so had a durp moment :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users