#1 Brand

Brand

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 490 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DBVG]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:55 AM

Alright, so my brother plays a Guardian. I, as a Warrior, run my build "Sonic Boon" (Which you can find in the Warrior section). I supply decent burst heals.

My brother needs a build to compliment mine, using Hammer as a primary. It needs to be capable of very good protection and regeneration, and it needs to be tanky. He will be the primary support/tank in our group, so he needs to be able to take damage.

What build do ye Guardian folk recommend, what runes? Stats on gear/weapon? Other weapon besides hammer?

Thanks a lot.

#2 farkov47

farkov47

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:56 AM

Healing - Shelter
Save Yourselves
Stand your ground
Hold the line
Rune of Lyssa
Renewed Focus

5 Radiance
30 Valor - Purity - Retributive Armor - Altruistic Healing
30 Honor - Superior Aria - Empowering Might - Pure of Voice
5 Virtue

#3 Brand

Brand

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 490 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DBVG]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:13 AM

Care to explain any of those choices? Haha
Any other people have a build?

#4 miruski

miruski

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:16 AM

well since your bro plays hammer guardian, then the most popular one right now is the AH guardian build and i think its the basic build for hammer guards who want to tank.....ish, self heal and still do a ton of damage, there is a guide about it in the official forums, stickied in the guard section,

https://forum-en.gui...-gameplay/first

i read this when i first started and its very different from a guide where the guy throws a build at you and explains why you take certain traits/utilities. Instead, brutaly ( the guide creator) explains the concept of the build along with prioritization of traits and utilities. so you can read it, then build your own guardian with what you learnt from the guide, overall its a good read with simple explanations to what it takes to play an ah hammer guardian as well as how to build one right :D

(*edit* warning... its a wall of text :P a good wall of text but still.... and the thread itself is full of useful questions and answers so .... pretty heavy reading involved :P)

as for other weapons.... there are the 2 threads right below this one which are pretty different in focus but work pretty well too

Edited by miruski, 29 November 2012 - 08:23 AM.

#5 ScoutMATH

ScoutMATH

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 257 posts
  • Guild Tag:[MATH]
  • Server:Kaineng

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

https://www.youtube....=3&feature=plcp

i run that it FoTM with pve modification.

Clerics armor, Clerics weapon, Clercs accessories. Don't just let yourself get hit coz your hp will be low.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: defense, support, build, help, guardian, heal, regen, protection, boon, tank

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users