4 replies to this topic

#1 Liquidsun

Liquidsun

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

Hi

I need to level another character for WvW as quickly as possible so I'd like to know which 2 disciplines are the cheapest to level to 400?

Thanks

#2 Vysander

Vysander

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 333 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[UNS]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

Artificer and.... chef might actually be not bad now. The cost for mid range mats are going up. I did all my crafting three weeks ago for about 4 gold per profession. I just lvl'd a friends armorsmithing and huntsman (because he cannot figure out crafting.....) and it cost ~18 gold for both of them.

Granted those are probably the most expensive due to massive ammounts of wood, metal and fine mats...

Leatherworking might not be bad.... leather is cheapest of the armor crafting professions. Only problem with chef is it can take alot of vanilla beans and karma items...

http://www.guildwars...rafting-guides/

That is a really good place for crafting guides. It's kept fairly up to date on which mats are the cheapest, as well as the most efficient methods of crafting.

#3 Dervic

Dervic

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

If you already have a lvl 60+, definitely chef. Just make sure to get a big batch of all the karma ingredients on your main.
I also found artificer quite easy to level with all the oils and potions... not so sure about the cost efficiency though.

#4 matsif

matsif

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1516 posts
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:23 AM

artificer is decently cheap by doing mainly potions and attunement stones, although its more expensive than before as the price of all dust has shot up.

chef can be done for 1.5-2g and some karma.  definitely the cheapest imo (see below).

jewelry requires a large initial investment in terms of ore and eventually ectos, but you end up making most of it back.  on par with chef, but starts out much more expensive before you sell off the final products, which is why I say chef is the cheapest.

I don't have any currently accurate numbers on the armor or weapon crafts, but they cost significantly more than the above.  armorsmith/tailor/leatherworker will end up costing at least 5-6g and weaponsmith and huntsman will end up closer to 8-9g.  definitely avoid the weapon crafts if you are looking for cheap levels, they require the most materials (and thus the most gold).

Edited by matsif, 30 November 2012 - 02:24 AM.

#5 Liquidsun

Liquidsun

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

Thanks guys, very helpful!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users