4 replies to this topic

#1 Eon Lilu

Eon Lilu

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2295 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:14 AM

Was anyone else really dissapointed with this part of the storyline? Iv been putting off completing the rest of the storyline for a while now because I was getting bored of it but carried on with it today.

When I first walked into Fort Trinity I thought it looked awesome, mix of charr and asuran tech, massive lasers and cannons that was excited to use, submarines, airships, docks etc, I could not wait until I was able to be part of the epic battle that would take place here....

Boy..I was soooo wrong. You run around killing a few normal mobs, hit some switches and the mission completes itself, no epic battle, you can't control any of the cannons or lases. You don't even use the subs or airships and the cutscene is better than the mission, it actually shows some battle atmosphere which actually playing it has none....

I felt so bored and dissapointed by this mission and felt whoever made it must of been rushing or having a lazy day or something. They completely wasted an oppertunity to use this awesome place with an epic mission instead they just did the most boring and laziest thing they could with a place as awesome as fort trinity....

I mean they could have made use of that battle, the area itself to have one crazy epic mission, instead they just get you to flip some switches, kill some mobs and call it a huge victory....

Sooooooooo dissapointing. I felt like that whole place Fort Trinity was just wasted and pointless after that mission. :(

Im actually shocked they didnt make it more epic, it would of been so easy with that already awesome built fortress.....what a waste....such lazyness....makes me not want to even bother with the rest of the storyline...

Edited by Eon Lilu, 30 November 2012 - 05:17 AM.

#2 Steadfast Gao Shun

Steadfast Gao Shun

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:18 AM

I went in with very, very low expectations, and Trahearne's deadpan voice enhanced the already dull experience to a new level for me. There is, as they say, a bright side to everything. ;)

#3 Eon Lilu

Eon Lilu

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2295 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:52 AM

View PostSteadfast Gao Shun, on 30 November 2012 - 05:18 AM, said:

I went in with very, very low expectations, and Trahearne's deadpan voice enhanced the already dull experience to a new level for me. There is, as they say, a bright side to everything. ;)

He's the only voice actor I hate in this game....so monotone dull. I ....think.....we......are......under.....attack........quick.......defend......the.....gate.....

#4 Falfyrel

Falfyrel

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • Profession:Necromancer
  • Guild Tag:[GWAM]
  • Server:Sorrow’s Furnace

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:57 AM

This mission made absolutely no sense to me and stood out as being badly justified in terms of lore, incredibly confusing and dull, infested with bugs, and was the only mission that made me double-take over five times in my head.

Easily my least favorite story mission in the entire campaign. It's like the writers decided to take a vacation when they did the work on the storyboard for this one.

#5 Arquenya

Arquenya

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1204 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DVDF]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:19 AM

Haha yes, some of these storyline missions really make me want old GW missions like Thunderhead Keep back ;-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users