• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 archofroses

archofroses

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:59 AM

I failed on the graphics card check for GW2 on my Toshiba Laptop - I have the AMD M8880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200. In searching around all I see are parts that are $500+ and I don't even know if they'd fit my laptop - or just buying a new laptop. I'm broke as they come, so if there is any cheap alt anyone knows of - I'll be eternally grateful. (Even if it runs only on low quality, as long as it runs, because as of know if just burns my computer to a crash.) Or if there's a laptop around $300 (ha-ha, I know, just throwing it out there) that could run it.

I have literally the tiniest bit of knowledge about computers and graphics cards so please speak as layman as possible, thank you!

#2 deitiesforce

deitiesforce

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 416 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DA]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:02 AM

i don't think you can change graph card for laptops....(i think...not sure though)

#3 Killyox

Killyox

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3120 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[InVi]
  • Server:Piken Square

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:30 AM

LAptops are not really for playing games. If you want one it would cost a ton where stationary pc would cost a quarter. Don't think you can get it. Even if you got good card there could be problem with overheating etc.

#4 Quaker

Quaker

Technician

• Technicians
  • 3324 posts
  • Profession:Ranger
  • Guild Tag:[n/a]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

Laptops are not really upgrade-able. Your "GPU" is actually just part of the motherboard chipset (soldered to the board). Your real upgrade choice is to get a new laptop. Sorry.

#5 XgreatArtist

XgreatArtist

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1496 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:58 AM

To sum up:
1. You cannot change a laptop GPU. It is soldered on the motherboard. This means if u want to change it, you have to get rid of the motherboard too....might as well buy a new laptop

so your best bet is
1. Build your own desktop PC(cheapest solution for maximum components)
2. If you really need a laptop(for gaming), then you should look for laptops with a dedicated gpu. And make sure the gpu isnt crap(e.g. GT 610m = garbage crap).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: graphics, graphics card, hardware, toshiba, laptop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users