Early in the GW2 beta, I found my old machine was too slow to run Guild Wars 2. This was the spec:
- AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000 3.10GHz (Socket AM2)
- Asus M3A78 AMD 780G (Socket AM2+) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard
- OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) PC2-6400C5 Dual Channel Vista Gold Series DDR2
- ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI/HDMI (PCI-Express)
- Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB SATA-II 32MB Cache
- Corsair VX 450W ATX PSU
(I've removed a few bits and pieces to only show whats important)
I replaced my computer with a much faster one, which is fine for GW2. However, my girlfriend has asked if we can upgrade the older machine above to be good enough to play GW2 for her.
I'm aware that the game may have been optimised a lot since then, so this might not be so much of a problem.
I've got the opportunity to buy a GeForce GTX 560 for £85, which is naturally a much newer graphics card than the aging HD4850 I have in that machine.
If I replace this 4850HD with a GTX560, and given the way the game was optimised, should I expect the game to be well playable on mid settings? Even during large dynamic events?
Edited by Karetan, 30 November 2012 - 08:59 AM.