Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Forge transmute amount?


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 PracticalShutIn

PracticalShutIn

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

Is there anywhere that tells you how many resulting items will come from mystic forge promotion?

I have only tried it twice and both times lost tons of money because the items that came out were shockingly few.

#2 Fazzi00

Fazzi00

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

its always something low like in the teens. not really worth it IMO

#3 PracticalShutIn

PracticalShutIn

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

Got 18 ori ingots (-1 i put in).  very bad deal

Saw a screenshot of 155 iron ore so I figured low levels get better stuff.
So I put in 250 wool scrap and got 48 cotton scrap.  Lost about 30s equivalent in mats.

If there was a place where people wrote how much results, I could have avoided that gold sink.

#4 Noob On Steroid

Noob On Steroid

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 75 posts
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

had a stack of Thick Leather Sections, it returned 14 Hardened Leather Sections. Net gain 13 Hardened Leather Sections

So the math:

250 x Thick Leather @ 7c + 5 x Pile of Crystalline Dust @ 6s30c = 49s
13 x Hardened Leather Sections @ 81c = 10s53c

Net loss: 38s47c

Just selling the stack of material and the Piles of Dust, and buying the T6 mats would have given 60 Hardened Leather Sections, or a quadruple return.

Long story short: definitely NOT worth it

#5 Enko

Enko

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

View PostPracticalShutIn, on 01 December 2012 - 11:07 PM, said:

Got 18 ori ingots (-1 i put in).  very bad deal

Saw a screenshot of 155 iron ore so I figured low levels get better stuff.
So I put in 250 wool scrap and got 48 cotton scrap.  Lost about 30s equivalent in mats.

If there was a place where people wrote how much results, I could have avoided that gold sink.

Up to T5, there's a higher return.

Upgrading to T6 mats is a gamble. You can lose money but you can also make more. All depends on whatever RNG you get. I've been upgrading some T5 fine crafting mats to T6 and getting a return on them. Some of them you'll lose money regardless depending on the cost of the T6 mats so just go for the higher priced ones.

#6 Illein

Illein

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2037 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:35 AM

Did it with T5 finer materials yesterday - 50x Potent Blood and 50 Totems and got 7 each of the T6 pendants - was definitely worth it.

Edit: To SAVE some money at least, not exactly to make a business out of it though ;)

Edited by Illein, 11 December 2012 - 08:36 AM.


#7 Benji Tshi

Benji Tshi

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 21 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[LCN]
  • Server:Augury Rock

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

Same as Illein. I basically get from 4 to 9 T6 out of 50 T5. Ususally 4 T6 doesn't worth it regarding the cost of the whole recipe. But as long as you get 5+ it's fine. 5 dust + 50 blood T5 would cost 1-1.2g. 4 blood T5 cost 0.8-1g while 5 cost 1-1.25. All in all, you win more than you loose. But when it comes to selling on TP, the 15% taxes will ruin it all.
Never tried with lower tier mats as it requires a whole stack that i'm not willing to spend.

#8 Thaddeuz

Thaddeuz

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 561 posts
  • Location:Canada
  • Guild Tag:[TRAP]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:14 PM

For that you CAN'T say witht that tier you can make money and for those tier you cannot make money.  You really need to make the calculation for each mats and the market change over time.

For exemple, transmuting Silk into Gossamer was a good way to make money during the first month of the games. But later the Gossamer prices dropped and you could lost money by still doing it. Recently the Gossamer price went up and it was again profitable especially with the low cost of Silk. But then again, the market changed and the price of cystalline dust went crazy making this transmutation a gold sink.

If you want to calculate if you can make gold out this the best way is to calculate the number of Superior Tier you need to get a profit from the 250 inferior tier. The forge give you between 10 and 50 superior tier no matter what is the tier. If you need to get 20 or more of the superior tier, well don't do it. If you need between 15 and 20, then its a reasonable risk. Under 15 you found a gold making machine. But watch the market carfully. The price can drop overnight and you get stock with thousand of unsold material.

#9 Illein

Illein

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2037 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

View PostThaddeuz, on 11 December 2012 - 10:14 PM, said:


If you want to calculate if you can make gold out this the best way is to calculate the number of Superior Tier you need to get a profit from the 250 inferior tier. The forge give you between 10 and 50 superior tier no matter what is the tier. If you need to get 20 or more of the superior tier, well don't do it. If you need between 15 and 20, then its a reasonable risk. Under 15 you found a gold making machine. But watch the market carfully. The price can drop overnight and you get stock with thousand of unsold material.

..unless it's T5 to T6. Then it's something like 1-8.

#10 Thaddeuz

Thaddeuz

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 561 posts
  • Location:Canada
  • Guild Tag:[TRAP]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

View PostIllein, on 12 December 2012 - 07:38 AM, said:

..unless it's T5 to T6. Then it's something like 1-8.

That's not true. Personnally i only promoted Silk to Gossamer and got between 8 to 42 Gossamer Scrap each times and i promoted about 100 stack of 250 Silk Craps. I don't know if lesser tier give you more once promoted.

#11 Rulerdragon

Rulerdragon

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

View PostThaddeuz, on 12 December 2012 - 01:34 PM, said:

That's not true. Personnally i only promoted Silk to Gossamer and got between 8 to 42 Gossamer Scrap each times and i promoted about 100 stack of 250 Silk Craps. I don't know if lesser tier give you more once promoted.

Actualy he is almost correct, converting fine crafting materials tier 5>6 gives 5-15 more or less, converting white materials (cloth, leather, ores) give larger amounts as you use more of the tier 5 materials guessing its also around 5-40 like the dusts converting.

The odds of gething high amount on the convertings is extremely low tho, my averages are pretty much crap :)

#12 Illein

Illein

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2037 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

Yeah, seems we were talking about different things. Meant T5->6 finer materials, not crafting materials.

Though even 5-15 seems to be too much for my own experience, but of course it could be ;)

#13 Thaddeuz

Thaddeuz

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 561 posts
  • Location:Canada
  • Guild Tag:[TRAP]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

View PostIllein, on 12 December 2012 - 01:58 PM, said:

Yeah, seems we were talking about different things. Meant T5->6 finer materials, not crafting materials.

Though even 5-15 seems to be too much for my own experience, but of course it could be ;)

Y sure it can't be the same amount you receive when you promote Basic or Fine crafting material. You put 250 Basic in the mystic forge and you only put 50 fine crafting material so you it would be ridiculous to get the same amount of superior tier. I can't talk about how much fine crafting material you get from that because i never tried.

#14 Illein

Illein

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2037 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:28 PM

View PostThaddeuz, on 12 December 2012 - 02:21 PM, said:

Y sure it can't be the same amount you receive when you promote Basic or Fine crafting material. You put 250 Basic in the mystic forge and you only put 50 fine crafting material so you it would be ridiculous to get the same amount of superior tier. I can't talk about how much fine crafting material you get from that because i never tried.

By your numbers I assumed we were talking Finer mats - because 15-20 sounds like something you'd get in finer mats, isn't it more for the 250 crafting mats? like 20-50 rather?

Not sure!

#15 Thaddeuz

Thaddeuz

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 561 posts
  • Location:Canada
  • Guild Tag:[TRAP]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

View PostIllein, on 12 December 2012 - 03:28 PM, said:

By your numbers I assumed we were talking Finer mats - because 15-20 sounds like something you'd get in finer mats, isn't it more for the 250 crafting mats? like 20-50 rather?

Not sure!

For Basic crafting material you got between 10 and 50 apparently. Personnally i got between 12 and 46. When i was talking about 15-20 its was to calculate if it was worth it to promote a material. If you calculate how many Superior Tier you need to sell to gain profit and the math give you between 15-20, the it should be profitable since most of the time you gonna get more than that number. If your need to sell more that 20 superior tier to get a profit, then its a risk.

#16 Illein

Illein

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2037 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

View PostThaddeuz, on 12 December 2012 - 03:45 PM, said:

For Basic crafting material you got between 10 and 50 apparently. Personnally i got between 12 and 46. When i was talking about 15-20 its was to calculate if it was worth it to promote a material. If you calculate how many Superior Tier you need to sell to gain profit and the math give you between 15-20, the it should be profitable since most of the time you gonna get more than that number. If your need to sell more that 20 superior tier to get a profit, then its a risk.

Ah! Then I just read it completely wrong, nevermind ;) Sorry there.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users