#1 MrAmbiguous

MrAmbiguous

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TMoC]

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

Hello everyone,

While Fractals of the Mist is fun and all, I have the sole goal of wanting to obtain every armor available for my only character.  Arah has finally come up on my dungeon running crew's mind, and when wandering in last night... I felt like I was being eaten alive.  All of the condition stacking from Oozes and other monsters just destroyed me, and I've never had an issue in FotM or any other dungeon.

I have numerous builds available.  I have been running (with great success) a 0/10/30/20/10 trait setup with Vitality/Power/Toughness gear (Knight accessories) and Rune of the Soliders 6/6.  Damage prorating from Protection obviously wasn't helping, and any numerous attempts to remove conditions just stacked more on me.  It almost feels like I just have to Shield & Scepter the entire dungeon, which I am hoping is not the case.

Any opinions, please let me know!

#2 cyndr1s

cyndr1s

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

When doing arah Wall of reflection is a must, alot of the dasmage from rangers and elementals can be bounced back.

So try bringing it ;)

#3 jpg1

jpg1

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[LOA]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:55 AM

You might want to cut back on Toughness to pass out some of the aggro to some of your party members. Sounds selfish but if you end up getting dropped too many times by condition damage as you are being focused on, it would be better to throw some of that heat around. It's easier to manage conditions across party members than trying to reviving a downed character.

#4 BrazilTheHue

BrazilTheHue

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 408 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DnT]

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

I've posted a build in the Guardian section that may help you out. I use it in Arah frequently, on top of all other places that I go. I do Arah multiple times a day and never really have a huge problem dealing with any of the mobs in there. I can handle being focused by Lupicus well due to stun breaking and invulnerability when I need it, so if it sounds like something you would be interested in, check it out.

#5 B3aT

B3aT

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • Guild Tag:[MASH]
  • Server:Seafarer’s Rest

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

I didn't had a problem with the conditions, but with pure damage and one hit = death skills.

Removal conditions with shouts on party members and lots of swiftness was good for me,and  except of the lupicus bad a** boss (where scepter is the only weapon), I ran successfully with GS tanking so far.
As for the build I use the same as all dungeons (0/0/30/30/10).

The dungeon is really more challenging then FOTM, I gotta use all the skills actually, example : interrupt the mages/archers with Pulling and knockdowns, blind them, wall of reflection, etc. For my first run I broke all my armor, and this didn't happened since I did AC with 32 eng :)), was quite fun.

Edited by B3aT, 05 December 2012 - 11:03 AM.

#6 BrazilTheHue

BrazilTheHue

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 408 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DnT]

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:05 AM

Scepter works well against Lupicus, but I started using staff after while. I mainly use the staff to give people swiftness in the middle of the fight and for the second "heal" it provides with Altruistic Healing. If you don't really want to stay in close in the fight against Lupicus, Scepter may be a better choice for you. Another note, you may want to stick to using GS in phase 1 of Lupicus to help your party kill grubs. That's another habit I got into, and it usually helps the fight go more smoothly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users