UssjTrunks

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2615 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BOMB]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:11 AM

View PostAodan, on 02 December 2012 - 03:46 AM, said:

I would prefer to keep sPvP separate from the rest of the game and not have "The Mists" inter-act-able with anything else and it to continue to be basically a "separate" game, otherwise we face the same horrors of WoW.

I don't think the Ticket system is bad at all, it's probably one of the only fully working systems, as farming tickets makes you practice in free, and use the tickets/practice in paids.

The issue with Paids as addressed in your older vid, is that there is a large gap that many players can't close coming from a new player to becoming a vet. As addressed in the interview and by you, the lack of useful streams and decline in active teams/players in the community hurt that as well.

I only see the community coming back with Custom Arena, allowing for scrims, more intense streams, and outside tournies/ladders.

Their focus on a MMR/Better Raiting system won't help bring in new players or fix anything if the player base is so low that they still get paired up against unfair teams/players.

With Custom Arena there will be more buz about the game and more for the top teams to do and "promote" the game. A better MMR isn't going to change shiz

I completely agree with everything here. Custom servers are an absolute must. Counter-Strike 1.6 survived for over a decade without any formal competitive features (rankings were done by third parties). Yet the game is one of the most renowned e-sports of all time, and it has its robust custom server system to thank for that.

View PostltkAlpha, on 29 December 2012 - 01:16 AM, said:

Introducing custom arenas. or anything else that would fragment the player population for that matter, would be a major misstep. If we have well implemented modes and rankings it isn't necessary. If we don't - it won't matter and PvP will just... continue in its current direction.

Custom servers are a staple of every single competitive online video game. How on earth did you come to the conclusion that it fragments the player base? 99.9% of online games have custom servers.

Edited by UssjTrunks, 30 December 2012 - 04:13 AM.

#32 omar316

omar316

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BRG]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:37 AM

Meh.

Giving exp for spvp matches will bump up the freaking population by at least 50%.
Not to mention some monetary incentive will be excellent.

While custom servers will indeed revitalise the competitive scene it still does nothing to pull in new blood.
Just focusing on the sPvP mode is simply not going to save sPvP. People/Players are still going to feel gimped that a large portion of the game(player levels) is neglected.

My take:
1) Give exp and money in sPvP.
2) Give us a proper chart to see our contribution breakdown. Hell even the SWTOR window is fantastic. DPS/Healing/Protection/Objectives so on and so forth.
3) A player oriented MVP system(something like LoL's honour system)
4) A few more modes, TDM, King of the hill, Tag/Flag carrier/Protect the leader, Horde, Tower defense
5) Unique and elite rewards based off achievements : 100 Humans killed - a Human skull trophy based armour(think predator necklace)
6) Unique and elite buffs: Limited time weapons are flaming/ abilites splash fire/ice/water Twilight/Sunrise type flashy shit
7) Possible rewards to be used in PvE zones: Consumables to give extra Karma/Exp/Gold/group buffs(something like banners)
8) Proper interface for leaderboards.

I think at this point I'm just being unrealistic... Lol.

#33 SevereEpicz

SevereEpicz

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:03 AM

I think it would be nice to have something like dogtags in Batllefield 3, like some would look nice, showcase your achievements and what not, and they would be rubbed in the face of your enemy whenever you kill them. And of course the usual expectations, more maps, modes, spectator etc

Edited by SevereEpicz, 02 January 2013 - 07:04 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users