#1 Perynne

Perynne

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Boot]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:00 AM

After having lurked around without my own thread for quite a while, it's about high time to dump some of my sketches/drawings here now that I got my Wintersday calendar drawing finished too. I'll update this with some pencil sketches later today/tomorrow, once I can get my PC and scanner happily into the same room again.

Very irregularly updated website thingie: http://shinanai.deviantart.com

If anyone's interested in commissioning me, let me know. I have some free time coming up over the holidays, so I should have time to draw. :) I will be able to take two commissions at a time. Art trades are welcome too!

Prices:
50 silver - face sketch. Example.
1 gold - full body sketch of character. Example. + 50 silver for basic colours and minimal shading.
2 gold - finished pencil portrait. Example.

Slots:
1. hehateme23
2. Invertation
(extra one - 3. Harlequinn)

Sketches:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

WIP:

Posted Image

Actual finished works:

Posted Image - Wintersday calendar drawing
Posted Image - My Engineer, Sulka.

Closeups:

Posted Image

Edited by Perynne, 04 December 2012 - 12:49 PM.

#2 Morag D

Morag D

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Guild Tag:[bone]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

hey! glad you made your own thread, which hopefully means we get to see more of your work! :D
who's the redhead mesmer (and can we get a closer look at him? XD)

#3 Perynne

Perynne

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:03 AM

Oh whoops, the thumbnails didn't work properly. :D Well, now they should actually show a bigger picture once you click on them.

The redhead mesmer is Mimir Fangrin, my one and only male character and the descendant of my GW1 dervish. I've actually got a couple of other sketches/drawings of him, but most are in pencil and for some reason I've found it difficult to properly nail down his looks on paper.

Spoiler

#4 Tommy's

Tommy's

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:53 AM

Peryyyyyyyy, nice work :) More more more!

#5 Perynne

Perynne

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:06 AM

I was finally able to get my PC and my scanner to have a beautiful reunion, and this is the result:

Posted Image

Very much inspired by a video of Hiroaki Samura's drawing process. I really wanted to try pencils again after that, although I had to make do with just a single mechanical pencil with 0.5mm lead. I like how it turned out even though the scanner lost some of the detail and softness, so I might get more pencils with varying widths and softnesses for future drawings.

Also, some more sketches!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Oh, and if anyone's interested in commissioning me, let me know. I have some free time coming up over the holidays, so I should have time to draw. :) I will be able to take two commissions at a time. Art trades are welcome too!

Prices:
50 silver - face sketch. Example.
1 gold - full body sketch of character. Example. + 50 silver for basic colours and minimal shading.
2 gold - finished pencil portrait. Example.

Anything else you'll need to PM me about, it will entirely depend on how much I have time to be on my PC. It's easy to carry around a sketchbook but I'm still lacking a laptop. :/

Edited by Perynne, 03 December 2012 - 08:11 AM.

#6 hehateme23

hehateme23

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Lost]
  • Server:Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

I would love to take a slot.  Your work is really good :).  I want the 2g finished pencil portrait.  I can PM you details of character when I am at home! :)

#7 Invertation

Invertation

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Lost]
  • Server:Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

I'll throw in for the second slot. Details to come this evening.

#8 Viatrix

Viatrix

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • Guild Tag:[EON]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

Glad to see you on commission! Always loved your work. I esp adore the pencil one. Might get one for myself if a slot opens but I havent made Ran yet! XD

#9 Perynne

Perynne

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:13 PM

@hehateme23: Thank you! Looking forward to your character details. :)

@Invertation: Added you to the list too, thank you!

@Viatrix: Keep in mind that I do art-trades too... ;) I really like your drawings, so I'd definitely be up for another one if you have time sometime.

#10 Viatrix

Viatrix

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • Guild Tag:[EON]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

Oh I haven't forgotten! I just need to be decisive on what to do with Ran! I definitely would love to see your take on him again in his GW2 incarnation :)

#11 Morag D

Morag D

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Guild Tag:[bone]

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

I WANT AN ART TRADE! lol (if you'll have me, that is :P)

lovelove that pencil portrait, it's so pretty! it's always cool to see non-digital things too, methinks
I also appreciate your mesmer. Nom.

#12 Dia

Dia

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts
  • Server:Seafarer’s Rest

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

Amazing art :D!
i really want a commission T,T i will come back when I get some gold or time to art trade with you ^^
Good luck

#13 Doctor Overlord

Doctor Overlord

If you hate MMOs....

• Members
  • 5187 posts
  • Guild Tag:[MOA]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

It's about time you made your own thread :D

Wonderful artwork!   Love your character's expressions and you do a great job on their gear.

I have to ask, who set the trap in your Wintersday art?   Does that norn owe an asura money or something?

Edited by Doctor Overlord, 03 December 2012 - 05:52 PM.

#14 Frost Valkyrie

Frost Valkyrie

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[FIRE]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

Perry!!! Seems I should stop stalking threads, and actually make a post in one :) Sad I missed your open commissions already lol. If you have the time, I would like to be in queue for a later date, since your current ones are full. Possibly even an art trade, I've been practicing a bit ^_^

#15 EliteZeon

EliteZeon

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • Profession:Necromancer
  • Guild Tag:[WM]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:08 AM

Aaaaand...

Added to my Dev-Watch List...

I'm pretty sure I've known you on Nolani for about five years now, and why is it now that I got around to adding you on my Deviant Art?

Then again, during that time I only stuck around for a few months before leaving right as 2008 hit the corner... why was it I left again...? hmm... oh...

... I should stop thinking about highschool... :huh:

#16 Perynne

Perynne

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:53 AM

@Viatrix: I'd definitely love to draw Ran again! I really like drawing female characters, but sometimes it's refreshing to get a male to draw for a change... and a hot one at that. ;)

@Morag D: SURE! Of course I'd love to do an art-trade with you! I'll try to get the commissions finished first, but after that all I have is time... maybe.... I hope....

@Dia: Thank you! I'll be around, so whenever you have time just let me know, and hopefully I'm not swamped with work then.

@Doctor Overlord: Thanks! And the trap was set by her sister Vasilisa. Mara is off gallivating in the woods, totally ignoring the fact forgetting that she promised to help with cleaning up their lodge for Wintersday, so Vasilisa decides to use all the tricks she knows to bring her wayward sister in.
Mara has no sense of duty when it comes to house chores - luckily, Vasilisa makes up for it by having too much.

@Frost Kisses: Frost! *hugs* Yaaaay, happy to see you posting here! I'll keep you in mind when I have open commissions again, and of course, art-trades are a good way to bribe me too. ;) Is the norn in your avatar pic a new incarnation of your GW1 character? Or someone new? She looks interesting.

@EliteZeon: Thanks, I'll add you too. And eh, I update my DA so infrequently anyway that you'll most likely see more new things in this thread than over there. Of course, I sometimes add non-GW stuff there, so I guess it sorta balances out....

Edited by Perynne, 05 December 2012 - 06:53 AM.

#17 Frost Valkyrie

Frost Valkyrie

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[FIRE]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:45 AM

*hugs back* Yep! She's of Frost's bloodline :) My Guardian, and I absolutely adore her. I would love to do an art trade, it takes me a while to get something done, so if you wanted to send me info for your character, I could start now. And even if you don't get around to mine, its good practice. Plus I can pay you back for all the awesome drawings you have done for me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users