• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Best profession for large scale battles or keep defense?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 Wraithpk

Wraithpk

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ONS]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:05 AM

Thief's Clusterbomb is semi-OP for tower defense.  You can stand to the back of the wall so most enemy AoE doesn't hit you, and just rain down bombs that can crit for 7k+ on the enemies on your gates.

#32 MrZero

MrZero

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1086 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:19 AM

View PostOrikx, on 04 December 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

No the build makes it so small groups can wreck zergs. This is WvW if you don't want to be in a group you should be in sPvP solo holding a cap point or taking our Yaks.

The OP asked for an effect class for running in a group. That being said I don't think the hammer warrior sounds like what the OP is looking for but I could be wrong. It sounds like he wants to sit back and rain AoE death on people from range but maybe I am wrong.

That being said I'd say Ele or Engi.
Open field zerg vs zerg I think the Ele is slight better then Engi. In lag big open field fights where you get ability lag it can be hard to hit anything with grenades because of the slow travel time. Ele's seem to have a better time in open field. Keep/tower defense Engi's can nuke the hell out of large groups of people.

I don't know much about Rangers other then, if I am standing on a wall attacking people below and see rangers peppering me with arrows I stand there and tank it while killing people. If I see an Ele AoE I  move out of it.

Having played a hammer warrior, running with different groups, I can tell you one thing. The zerg wrecking factor is reliant factor is dependent upon how the group you are with reacts. If you leap in there and the people around you start killing, it's just like this guy says. Two or three hammer warriors will cause turmoil like you wouldn't believe. If the people around you stand there staring or run away because they are scared of possibly dying, you are a goner. First one in, last one out. It works well for LoD because they don't leave each other or the pugs they know aren't idiots behind.

Also, LOL @ the ranger comment. It is one of the reasons I dusted off my warrior and started playing him in wvw.

#33 Tetan0

Tetan0

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:43 AM

The best for Keep def is Engineer 1500 range grenade tossing big aoe's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users