Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

New Elementalist Looking for Build Options


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 f1aws

f1aws

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 26 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[WPAK]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

Plan on purchasing "Fine" gear to test builds and I wanted you to help me list the major builds and I can test variations after that.

1: glass cannon build (non condition) with staff and berserker gear, 30/20/0/0/20 or some variation. ruby orbs or some type of dps runes.

2: healing/support build with staff and cleric gear, not sure on traits. monk/water runes.

3: auramancer d/d casting auras/boons, not sure on traits would have to research more. same with runes (monk/water?).


What other builds are out there? Or are these the most cookie-cutter?

#2 WildHeart

WildHeart

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:01 AM

I can help with aura build since I'm running one



Elementalist gained access to 4 auras on different weapons set
- FieryAura in Fire Focus and by using FireField + LeapFinisher
- FrostAura in Water offhand Dagger and by using IceField + BlastFinisher
- ShockingAura in Air mainhand Dagger
- MagneticAura in Earth Staff

the core mechanic of Auramancer is to maintain high uptime of your boons granted by auras
so most Auramancer builds are using D/D or D/F caz they have 2 auras + 1 combo aura
but Staff Aura build are also viable if traited right (say...Fire's Embrace)

the primary traits of aura build are... (pick atleast 1 or all)
- ZephyrBoon (10 Air) : Grant fury and Swiftness when apply aura > offensive orient
- ElementalShielding (10 Earth) : Grant protection when apply aura > defensive orient

and secondary traits are... (pick some of these)
- Fire's Embrace (20 Fire) : Grant FieryAura when using Signet > good for maintaining high aura (also boons) uptime
- TempestDefense (30 Air) : Grant ShockingAura when disabled > add some defense and more aura
- WrittenInStone (30 Earth) : Maintain signet passive when activated them; great if you are using Fire's Embrace
- PowerfulAura (30 Water) : Aura also apply to nearby allies > great support since boons grant by auras also apply to allies
- XXXmancer Alacrity (20 Fire/ Air/ Earth or 10 Water) : Reduce the element spell of your choice cooldown by 20% > also reduce auras cooldown hence, more auras and boons uptime
- ElementalAttunement (10 Arcane) : Grant boon when you swap attunement > more boons. great choice for any build



I'm using (0/ 10/ 10/ 30/ 20 PowerfullAura Build)


my aura rotation is...
RingOfFire > MagneticGrasp (FieryAura) > Shocking/ Frost Aura > RingOfFire > MagneticGrasp (FieryAura) > Frost/ Shocking Aura...
add any skill in between this rotation to fill the gap and adapt to the situations

I use Cleric set with 2Monk+2Water+2Earth and Rabid Dagger with Sigil of battle
I can easily keep perma Fury/ Swift up and Protection onself 90% of time with this rotation,
have very high boons uptime on my allies and do some dmg with massive (10-20) might stack, too.

#3 f1aws

f1aws

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 26 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[WPAK]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:24 AM

View PostWildHeart, on 03 December 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

I can help with aura build since I'm running one



Elementalist gained access to 4 auras on different weapons set
- FieryAura in Fire Focus and by using FireField + LeapFinisher
- FrostAura in Water offhand Dagger and by using IceField + BlastFinisher
- ShockingAura in Air mainhand Dagger
- MagneticAura in Earth Staff

the core mechanic of Auramancer is to maintain high uptime of your boons granted by auras
so most Auramancer builds are using D/D or D/F caz they have 2 auras + 1 combo aura
but Staff Aura build are also viable if traited right (say...Fire's Embrace)

the primary traits of aura build are... (pick atleast 1 or all)
- ZephyrBoon (10 Air) : Grant fury and Swiftness when apply aura > offensive orient
- ElementalShielding (10 Earth) : Grant protection when apply aura > defensive orient

and secondary traits are... (pick some of these)
- Fire's Embrace (20 Fire) : Grant FieryAura when using Signet > good for maintaining high aura (also boons) uptime
- TempestDefense (30 Air) : Grant ShockingAura when disabled > add some defense and more aura
- WrittenInStone (30 Earth) : Maintain signet passive when activated them; great if you are using Fire's Embrace
- PowerfulAura (30 Water) : Aura also apply to nearby allies > great support since boons grant by auras also apply to allies
- XXXmancer Alacrity (20 Fire/ Air/ Earth or 10 Water) : Reduce the element spell of your choice cooldown by 20% > also reduce auras cooldown hence, more auras and boons uptime
- ElementalAttunement (10 Arcane) : Grant boon when you swap attunement > more boons. great choice for any build



I'm using (0/ 10/ 10/ 30/ 20 PowerfullAura Build)


my aura rotation is...
RingOfFire > MagneticGrasp (FieryAura) > Shocking/ Frost Aura > RingOfFire > MagneticGrasp (FieryAura) > Frost/ Shocking Aura...
add any skill in between this rotation to fill the gap and adapt to the situations

I use Cleric set with 2Monk+2Water+2Earth and Rabid Dagger with Sigil of battle
I can easily keep perma Fury/ Swift up and Protection onself 90% of time with this rotation,
have very high boons uptime on my allies and do some dmg with massive (10-20) might stack, too.


Does Elemental Shielding work on allies if you're using Powerful Aura? The wiki says it works for Zephyr's Boon, but it doesn't mention anything for Elemental Shielding.

http://wiki.guildwar...i/Zephyr's_Boon
http://wiki.guildwar...ental_Shielding

Do you use Aquamancer's Alacrity and Cleansing Wave or something else for Water 10 and 20?

What 3 utilities? Elite?

Why did you choose Arcane 20? What should I pick there?

Why cleric gear over soldier's? I do not see any healing traits or skills besides spamming dagger 2 and 4 (Is this the point of cleric's?).

So pretty much you kite in melee range of your party members and you spam aura and provide protection?, swiftness, and fury? Doesn't seem that beneficial taking up a party slot just to give 20% crit chance, maybe I am missing something though if you could help.

#4 WildHeart

WildHeart

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:30 AM

My link to the build
http://www.guildhead...7kGl70z7ofF8of2

View Postf1aws, on 03 December 2012 - 06:24 AM, said:

Does Elemental Shielding work on allies if you're using Powerful Aura? The wiki says it works for Zephyr's Boon, but it doesn't mention anything for Elemental Shielding.

http://wiki.guildwar...phyr's_Boon
http://wiki.guildwar...ental_Shielding
Yes, both trait work with PowerfulAura.

View Postf1aws, on 03 December 2012 - 06:24 AM, said:

Do you use Aquamancer's Alacrity and Cleansing Wave or something else for Water 10 and 20?
Yes, Alacrity to reduce my FrostAura cooldown and others healing skill so I can keep up my boons and my life.
and CleasingWave for extra condition wipe (Since CleansingWater clear only one and have a long cooldown)

you can also using CantripMastery with SoothingDisruption for more cantrip usage

View Postf1aws, on 03 December 2012 - 06:24 AM, said:

What 3 utilities? Elite?
Currently running with
- ArcaneWave for extra Blast finisher and AoE (might stacking)
- Armor of Earth for stability when casting ChurningEarth and extra stun breaker
- MistForm mostly use as Oh! Sh*t! button

first 2 can be replaced with anything adapt to the encounter

View Postf1aws, on 03 December 2012 - 06:24 AM, said:

Why did you choose Arcane 20? What should I pick there?
Faster attunement recharge rate ofc and more +boons daration
since I can keep up my boons without using Fiery'sEmbrace and Signet (Which take up my utilities slots...)

many trait choices here but I'm using
- ElementalAttunement for more boons since I'll swap a lot
ElementalShielding has only 3s base protection (4s when geared) so I pick this one to fill the gap
I can get 8s extra protection by swapping to earth alone
- RenewingStamina for more dodge and surprisingly enough even without +crit gear
only Fury and fast AoE Atk of Daggers can easily keep 1min Vigors on you

other interesting choices are
- ArcaneResurection give you and your allies an anra base on your attunement and yes, this works with ZephyrBoon and ElementalShielding!
but I've no interest in this one since a good group of ppl will rarely get downed.
- ArcaneRetribution for extra crit
- FinalShielding for more surviability

View Postf1aws, on 03 December 2012 - 06:24 AM, said:

Why cleric gear over soldier's? I do not see any healing traits or skills besides spamming dagger 2 and 4 (Is this the point of cleric's?).

So pretty much you kite in melee range of your party members and you spam aura and provide protection?, swiftness, and fury? Doesn't seem that beneficial taking up a party slot just to give 20% crit chance, maybe I am missing something though if you could help.
I didn't rly research much in stat so I can't directly answer this.

but my idea is I need to do some dmg while supporting my allies
I'll go in melee range most of time to provide my auras and boons so survivability is also important
so I pick Power Toughness HealingPower
- Power is straight forward but not rly much here...I've only 1.5k but with might stacking combo and Sigil of Battle
I can keep up 10-19 might stacks all the time and do some dmg
- Toughness for reduce inc dmg and works well if you have healing power (less inc dmg = easier to heal to cover up that dmg)
with protection and weaken on foes (via LightningTouch) the inc dmg are reduced evenmore
- HealingPower for healing and since I'll swap a lot, my party'll get steady stream of healing overtime throughout my cycle
(via regen boon, SoothingMists and HealingRipple minor trait)
CleansingWater for some extra healing and ConeOfCold for minor healing (ConeOfCold heal a little but have fast cooldown, too)

you can go with more offensive stat, throw away PowerfullAura and go to 30 fire or air for more bursty though

you can go with other stat combination and other build though
since the core trait are only ZephyrBoon and ElementalShielding (most Auramancers out there ignore the latter and go for more offensive tbh...)

Edited by WildHeart, 03 December 2012 - 07:34 AM.


#5 Elr3d

Elr3d

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:29 AM

Hello,

Playing Elementalist, I'm actually using an Arcane S/F build using the Arcane 30 condition-on-arcane-skills trait (which works quite well to be honest), and I wondered some little things about Auras, I'm possibly wanting to switch for a D/F Auramencer.

Mainly what I'm wondering is: does the combo-generated auras count as auras for all the related trait? If I combo my Firewall with Magnetic grasp for the Leap, will I gain protection/fury/swiftness for granting an aura to myself? If I blast an Ice field and get everyone Frost Armor, will I get all the boons as well as all my affected allies?

I read somewhere this is bugged and doesn't work, do you think it should?

Edited by Elr3d, 03 December 2012 - 10:30 AM.


#6 WildHeart

WildHeart

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:58 AM

View PostElr3d, on 03 December 2012 - 10:29 AM, said:

Mainly what I'm wondering is: does the combo-generated auras count as auras for all the related trait? If I combo my Firewall with Magnetic grasp for the Leap, will I gain protection/fury/swiftness for granting an aura to myself? If I blast an Ice field and get everyone Frost Armor, will I get all the boons as well as all my affected allies?

I read somewhere this is bugged and doesn't work, do you think it should?
Combo auras work with ZephyrBoon and ElementalShielding.
All allies in blasted ice field'll get aura and all associated boons
However, combo auras don't work with PowerfulAura.
and after patched, MagneticGrasp through fire field is more buggy and unreliable (it worked before)
quite sure this is bugged since I test the same thing with ConjuredFieryAxe ( #3 or #4 then #5 ) and it still works.

#7 Elr3d

Elr3d

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

Alright, so basically, the only problem Auramentalist has as of right now bug-wise, is that we don't know if Magnetic Grasp is intended as a Leap finisher or not (it doesn't show in the tooltip)? Because if it's not intended, Elementalist has no way to get a single Aura through combo anyway since the class wouldn't have any Leap (which are the only way to get personal aura without sharing it to everyone).

Other than that, thanks for confirming an Auramentalist using a staff to blast Ice Fields (via Arcane Wave maybe) can be viable. It can give support Staff Eles new paths in the supportness via boonstacking.

#8 Nonlinear

Nonlinear

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

Go to the mists and test the specs/runes/sigils on golems.  It's all free and you can test the difference between builds when keeping gear the same and stuff like that.  Handy for testing things like Fire Sigils and Scholar/Eagle runes that cost like 30g for 6 runes and a sigil.

#9 Nonlinear

Nonlinear

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

I have basically two builds I use for dungeons.  Both are staff (I prefer, mostly so I can stay at 1200 range).  

Direct damage DPS build is glass cannon 30/30/0/0/10 that I started as a 20/30/0/0/20 before saying f' it and went full glass (I do have soldiers crests and and a couple knights rings to keep me on the razor's edge of survival while putting out big crits, it's more fun that way!).  It's fine with endurance food and good skill choice before encounters (Cleansing Flame vs. Mist Form, Elemental vs. Greatsword).

http://en.gw2codex.c...gs-50-crit-rate

I also use a bleed build (again, staff).  All carrion gear.  Great if you are the only bleed stacker in the group.  Is more tankish since Earth has a projectile shield, some toughness from traits, earth elemental, get loads of vitality from gear, etc.

http://en.gw2codex.c...f-fire-for-burn

#10 FrancisCrawford

FrancisCrawford

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 919 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

Before 11/15, I was soloing fine with a 20-10-0-10-30 s/d build.

The traits were pretty simple-minded:

Fire: Internal fire, P. Alacrity
Air: Quick Glyphs
Water: Cleansing
Arcane: Hardly mattered; I wanted the stats

Heal -- Quick Glyphs. Didn't test Ether Renewal
Elite -- Elementals
Utilities -- Elementals, Arcane Wave, and usually Storms

Playstyle was usually to be at point-blank range, with a lot of might stacking, so the change in Dragon's Tooth shouldn't affect it much. (I stopped playing while Tooth was bugged, and haven't actually tested since).

Sigils: Definitely Battle, plus either Bloodlust or Force

Runes: Boon extension

I never fully completed the gear set, but the general plan was P/T/V, with carrion trinkets. That said, healing actually isn't as bad as its reputation, and is a reasonable substitute for toughness. The idea of carrion was that when the fights were difficult, condition damage would actually matter.

I could cross Orr without dying if I didn't get impatient. If I ran or something I often got into trouble. And I didn't solo champions or anything like that. But it worked pretty well.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users