• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Fan Art: Scrambles Ratsbane VII and friends!

fan art asura norn funny cartoon

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 The Gentleman Ghost

The Gentleman Ghost

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:01 AM

Hi all!  First time poster, long time lurker.  I finally got round to doing some GW2 fan art, so I thought I would share it here.  If you want to check out some of my other stuff it can be found at http://ghosthause.deviantart.com/ Anyway, with out further ado...

Attached File  Scrambles!.jpg   147.55K   79 downloads

Let the universe howl in despair! Gather ye 'round and behold the awesome majesty that is Scrambles Ratsbane, seventh son of the seventh son! Of Asura born and raised by Norn steel and might, he has gouged his righteous and kickass legend into the face of Tyria's rump!

Still the bards sing their power ballads of his deeds most good and splendid. Many a foe has fallen to his blade and neither housecat nor rodent can stand against his handsome killingsmanship, oh my!

((Scrambles here is sporting the crafted Bandit Greatsword which he's globetrottered up a few notches. Sadly though, the Ratslayer Armor is not available in game. Bum! Posted Image Perhaps the eagle-eyed/fatally nerdsome have already noticed, but among his trophies is Bilbo's pipe...))

EDIT:  If anyone wants this for a wallpaper, I can upload a bigger version, just didn't know what size would be useful.  The original is nearly 6000x5000, so let me know ^_^

Edited by The Gentleman Ghost, 03 December 2012 - 12:33 AM.

#2 Perynne

Perynne

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Boot]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:09 AM

Ooooooh, nice! I love all the little details in his armor, and his expression is just priceless. :D I can just hear insane giggling as background sound for this drawing...

Welcome to the Guru art forum! :)

Edited by Perynne, 03 December 2012 - 07:14 AM.

#3 Doctor Overlord

Doctor Overlord

If you hate MMOs....

• Members
  • 5204 posts
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

Wonderful pic! Like I said on the official site those shoulder pads are EPIC :)

I really like how you included (rather disturbing) background info on Scrambles. It’s always fun to read the story behind character art but Scrambles is particularly interesting.  

Would you be able to elaborate how in the world an asura ended up being raised by norn? LOL

#4 Morag D

Morag D

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Guild Tag:[bone]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

great stuff! welcome to the Library :D

#5 Vulpie

Vulpie

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Guild Tag:[CZAR]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:40 AM

I love your style! Though I don't think I will ever find Asura to not be really creepy D:

#6 The Gentleman Ghost

The Gentleman Ghost

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

Muchos thankyous for the kind comments, guys!  Very glad you dig Scrambles ^_^.

And to answer your earlier question, Scrambles was found in the snow by a Norn couple whose previous six sons had all died spectacularly stupid/glorious deaths (even by Norn standards).  Unfortunately, Scrambles is literally as small as Asura get and not what anyone would call educated, so his exploits are limited to battling pets, vermin and the occasional trans-dimensional jaunt to murder elderly hobbits, but the local Norn are good sorts and judge him on his own merits.  One field he does excel at though, is boasting and he often holds court to a mead hall full of captivated Norn who hang on his every slurred syllable.

And yes, Scrambles is a little creepy ^_^.

#7 Vulpie

Vulpie

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Guild Tag:[CZAR]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:45 PM

As much as I hate to admit it, with your story I think he's growing on me a little <_<; Definitely the kind of character I'd wanna know more about :D

#8 Morag D

Morag D

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Guild Tag:[bone]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:04 AM

I totally agree with Vulpie, your character description is awesome. We love good character descriptions here :D

#9 Frost Valkyrie

Frost Valkyrie

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[FIRE]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

A little late to the party, but this is awesome! I laughed at your description "in the face of Tyria's rump." nice job! Would love to see more from you :)

#10 actionjack

actionjack

Vigil Crusader

• Members
  • 3659 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

Very nice art style.  I enjoyed peeking in your gallery.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fan art, asura, norn, funny, cartoon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users