#1 MrMastodonFarm

MrMastodonFarm

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Server:Maguuma

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:18 AM

Hey yall,

I am building up my guardian to be a pretty solid damage taker. If I wanted to do PVP in the endgame is it bad to just try and stack as much vitality and toughness as I can on my guy (similar to what I would have done in WoW)? Do I want to have a more even balance of stats? What about for PVE?

Thanks in advance!

#2 jpg1

jpg1

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[LOA]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:30 AM

View PostMrMastodonFarm, on 03 December 2012 - 02:18 AM, said:

Cut

Hello, welcome to the world of Guardian.

For your first question, stats of PVP and PVE are totally different things. And stacking Vitality and Toughness is one part of being a solid defensive Guardian. I haven't played WoW so I don't know your reference. To tell you the truth, even with a lot of healing and damage mitigation, enemies in Guild Wars 2 still hit pretty hard. I don't know what you mean by solid. If this is your first class to play in the Game, I'm telling you now that there is no damage sponge in this game as most of players are used to from other games.

There are a lot of posts here that explain "tanking" in GW 2. Just do some searches and you might find what you're looking for.

Good luck!

Edited by jpg1, 04 December 2012 - 01:20 AM.

#3 BrazilTheHue

BrazilTheHue

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 417 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[DnT]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

That's more or less what I do. I use gear that gives Power / Toughness / Vitality, and I find myself to be fairly durable. I have a little over 3,000 attack, 3,100 armor, and just over 22,200 health. Stats do have a lot to do with tanking, but in GW2 you really need to be mobile during combat. Moving around and evading attacks will keep you alive just as much as being able to take a hit will, so never neglect that mechanic. My advice would be to stack Power / Toughness / Vitality and use a Staff and Greatsword. In my eyes, you can't go wrong with a build like that for a Guardian.

#4 Elysen

Elysen

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 410 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

Toughness & Vitality makes you extremely tanky. Combine this with your inate survivability and BOOM, you're good to go. By no means will you be as tanky when you compare it to WoW though, enemies can still hit like a train, and not forgetting conditions penetrate your toughness.

Don't bother with Healing Power as a 3rd stat, it scales oh-so-badly. I recommend to take Power.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tank, spec, stats

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users