Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
* - - - - 3 votes

Fractal Capacitor Cost


  • Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Entombed

Entombed

    Divinity's Reach

  • Community Contributors
  • 231 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:12 AM

Posted Image

That is all.

#2 ScoutMATH

ScoutMATH

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 257 posts
  • Location:New York City
  • Guild Tag:[MATH]
  • Server:Kaineng

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:30 AM

had to grind that capacitor and convert it to ascended because FoTM is gating me at level 20 and i still have +5 resistance. after 50 more relics i can get the defensive simple infusion and finally i can have 10 resistance.

and you know what sucks, level 20+ groups is requiring +15 resistance.

now i have an option to infuse my capacitor, which requires me 250 ectos.

250 ectos. lol.

Edited by ScoutMATH, 03 December 2012 - 04:31 AM.


#3 MazingerZ

MazingerZ

    Golem Rider

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2223 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[CYRL]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:40 AM

But don't worry!  They are closely monitoring gold sales to determine th appropriate moment to cut the grind and look like Good Guy ArenaNet.
It's okay to enjoy crap if you're willing to admit it's crap.
Every patch is like ArenaNet walking out onto the stage of the International Don't Kitten Up Championship, and then proceeding to shiv itself in the stomach 30 times while screaming "IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!"

#4 billuptracyo

billuptracyo

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:37 AM

i can get the defensive simple infusion and finally i can have 10 resistance.

#5 Zippor

Zippor

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 136 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:40 AM

61 ecto / 250... Eventually... eventually. Good thing I got 20 agony resistance (delicious infused ring) so I'm not in such a rush yet.

#6 Milennin

Milennin

    Vigil Crusader

  • Members
  • 3670 posts
  • Location:Europe
  • Guild Tag:[TB]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:24 AM

I have enough to buy the backpacks, but I consider them too expensive for something that doesn't even have the stats on it that I want. So I'll just wait till they add something better to the Fractals merchant

#7 Robsy128

Robsy128

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2903 posts
  • Location:Rata Sum
  • Profession:Ranger
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

We kind of knew this already? You can pick any number of threads - they all complain about this as well as the cost of crafting materials.

#8 dzanikken

dzanikken

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

Grinding for something you don't actually need and then complaining about it. Well, makes sense.

#9 Espritdumort

Espritdumort

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 104 posts
  • Location:Sword Coast
  • Guild Tag:[DVDF]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

I have zero Ascended items, it's the way it's going to stay, as I'm not going to grind for the items, whether for the capacitor or an RNG drop. :)

Edited by Espritdumort, 03 December 2012 - 10:30 AM.


#10 Bloodtau

Bloodtau

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Banned
  • 999 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

Arenanet has stated they will drop the price of stuff. Don't buy anything yet, just wait.

#11 liinniejj

liinniejj

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 91 posts
  • Location:Dublin, Ireland
  • Guild Tag:[KLF]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

do you have the official post of this?

View PostBloodtau, on 03 December 2012 - 11:17 AM, said:

Arenanet has stated they will drop the price of stuff. Don't buy anything yet, just wait.


#12 Bloodtau

Bloodtau

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Banned
  • 999 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:24 AM

View Postliinniejj, on 03 December 2012 - 11:22 AM, said:

do you have the official post of this?

It was one of the official dev talks. There was a quote about them knowing the prices was too high and would be monitoring it and eventually dropping the price. Forgot which one it was though

#13 liinniejj

liinniejj

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 91 posts
  • Location:Dublin, Ireland
  • Guild Tag:[KLF]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:35 AM

so they havent stated we shudnt buy this stuff as these prices are going to drop.

no they havent theyve stated to look at some numbers an maybe if they feel nice enough drop prices of some stuff wich will very most likely be not these items.. soo thats nothing to go on as to wait or not. besides what timetable we looking at? a week? a month? a year? can't count on that statement whatsoever

#14 Eliyahu

Eliyahu

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 121 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LaZy]

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

View PostScoutMATH, on 03 December 2012 - 04:30 AM, said:

had to grind that capacitor and convert it to ascended because FoTM is gating me at level 20 and i still have +5 resistance. after 50 more relics i can get the defensive simple infusion and finally i can have 10 resistance.

and you know what sucks, level 20+ groups is requiring +15 resistance.

now i have an option to infuse my capacitor, which requires me 250 ectos.

250 ectos. lol.

You'll have the rings way before you get the ectos.

Also remember that everything you could possibly want in Fractals drops at 20.  After that you're only looking at higher drop rates and bragging rights.

#15 RandolfRa

RandolfRa

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 367 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[Song]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:58 AM

And they said they wouldn't encourage grinding..

#16 Linfang

Linfang

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2362 posts
  • Location:Ohio
  • Guild Tag:[GSCH]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:04 PM

I'm sick and tired of running fractals, Why?
Because the cost of Ascended gear is too damn high.

Posted Image

#17 MandraxUK

MandraxUK

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 189 posts
  • Location:England
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:53 PM

View PostLinfang, on 03 December 2012 - 12:04 PM, said:

I'm sick and tired of running fractals, Why?
Because the cost of Ascended gear is too damn high.

Posted Image

I'm sick and tired too, but mostly because I'm bored with them already.  I look forward to the release of these 'more options' they keep talking about.  Can't come sooner IMO.  Having to grind fractals over and over is not fun.  I want some variation.  Until that comes, I'm stopping with the fractals.

#18 AarodCutshot

AarodCutshot

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

People are actually farming for these intresting... I refuse to do anything with those... I havent done it just cause of principal.... Have fun grinding I guess....

#19 Mister Stygian

Mister Stygian

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

Anet's decision to always make recipes cost a full stack of rare materials is puzzling to say the least.  They have other cool numbers too, like 25.  I don't really plan on going past 10 because drops have been good enough for me since 7, and my interest there is mostly the cores, ectos and shard exchange because still working on a legendary and they nerfed the crap out of cursed shore farming.  I can see why people would be bothered who are trying to get to higher levels and are limited by the high cost of combatting agony.

Edited by Mister Stygian, 03 December 2012 - 01:20 PM.


#20 ScoutMATH

ScoutMATH

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 257 posts
  • Location:New York City
  • Guild Tag:[MATH]
  • Server:Kaineng

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

they could substitute 250 ectos with say 10,000 lemons or pears.

#21 Humfly

Humfly

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

View PostMister Stygian, on 03 December 2012 - 01:17 PM, said:

Anet's decision to always make recipes cost a full stack of rare materials is puzzling to say the least.

No it isn't. Items, materials, and gold continuously drop in the game (and people moan if less drops). Nothing wears out so souldbound items requiring vast amounts of materials and gold are cruical to their plan to for controlling game world material and gold inflation.

We were all expected to make multiple legendaries (there is even an achievement counting them), but most people said screw putting that much effort into a skin. So their main material sink wasn't working. That is why we hurriedly got acesendend items with a more modest cost and higher stats which more people were prepared to put that much effort into and the promise of legendaires having even better stats so people started to try to make them again.

The devs are dumb and it is a confused mess. They tried to make these material sucking items desireable by looking cool, they tried to make them desirable as status symbols (look at me I grinded 500 WvW badges, and/or 500 dungeon tokens, or 1350 fractal tokens).  They gave up and made them desirable with higher stats but kept the 'status symbol' grind for badges or tokens then for fractals anyway immediately said it was a mistake.

I predict we will still see items requiring stacks of 250 ecto, perhaps less desirable items requiring less. If we don't have huge sinks like that in the game in a few months time all materials will be at vendor prices.

#22 Alex Dimitri

Alex Dimitri

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1175 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

View PostHumfly, on 03 December 2012 - 04:09 PM, said:

No it isn't. Items, materials, and gold continuously drop in the game (and people moan if less drops). Nothing wears out so souldbound items requiring vast amounts of materials and gold are cruical to their plan to for controlling game world material and gold inflation.

We were all expected to make multiple legendaries (there is even an achievement counting them), but most people said screw putting that much effort into a skin. So their main material sink wasn't working. That is why we hurriedly got acesendend items with a more modest cost and higher stats which more people were prepared to put that much effort into and the promise of legendaires having even better stats so people started to try to make them again.

The devs are dumb and it is a confused mess. They tried to make these material sucking items desireable by looking cool, they tried to make them desirable as status symbols (look at me I grinded 500 WvW badges, and/or 500 dungeon tokens, or 1350 fractal tokens).  They gave up and made them desirable with higher stats but kept the 'status symbol' grind for badges or tokens then for fractals anyway immediately said it was a mistake.

I predict we will still see items requiring stacks of 250 ecto, perhaps less desirable items requiring less. If we don't have huge sinks like that in the game in a few months time all materials will be at vendor prices.

The problem is i don`t desire or want actually Ascended gear, but I MUST get it so i could be competitive in WvW (player in full Ascended gear will have very visible advantage) and i kind of started to like WvW lately !

I already gave up on Legendary, simply because i just can`t make that much gold to buy it (precursor & mats)

I don`t really like dungeons, but hey at least you could group up with anyone, now with Fractals and those stupid levels i can barely score half decent party, and now i read here that people ask for specific +resistance ( i have even less wish to play it now) !

#23 darkk zhaitan

darkk zhaitan

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 55 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Myst]

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

View PostMister Stygian, on 03 December 2012 - 01:17 PM, said:

Anet's decision to always make recipes cost a full stack of rare materials is puzzling to say the least.  They have other cool numbers too, like 25.  I don't really plan on going past 10 because drops have been good enough for me since 7, and my interest there is mostly the cores, ectos and shard exchange because still working on a legendary and they nerfed the crap out of cursed shore farming.  I can see why people would be bothered who are trying to get to higher levels and are limited by the high cost of combatting agony.


I agree with the slapping of 250 on everything that is supposed to be 'Elite' so to speak visually, or stat wise.  I liked in guild wars 1 that a lot of the time, whenever you crafted something elite, you could actually see the materials on the items or armor and the amount needed to craft them was reflected in their appearance.  With the legendaries and ascended backpacks, you need 250 of X t6 mats and it's really not reflected much at all in their appearance, e.g the ascended quivers; they all look the same yet require different 250 x X t6 mats.

Bottom line is I think they took more care over guild wars 1 armor than they did guild wars 2, which makes me sad.

Edited by darkk zhaitan, 03 December 2012 - 09:02 PM.


#24 Alleji

Alleji

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 333 posts
  • Location:Outland

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

View PostScoutMATH, on 03 December 2012 - 04:30 AM, said:

had to grind that capacitor and convert it to ascended because FoTM is gating me at level 20 and i still have +5 resistance. after 50 more relics i can get the defensive simple infusion and finally i can have 10 resistance.

and you know what sucks, level 20+ groups is requiring +15 resistance.

now i have an option to infuse my capacitor, which requires me 250 ectos.

250 ectos. lol.
Can't you wear 2 rings? Or a cloak? That's gotta be less than 250 ectos...

#25 Mister Stygian

Mister Stygian

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

Making everything cost 250 ectos, T6 materials or 100 cores doesnt control inflation in the game. These are materials getting exchanged between players and used up that drop at a very low rate.  It just puts a disparity between players that make money from playing the game and those that make it using the Trading Post.  If they want to control inflation, they would make more things use Icy Runestone equivalent items that actually sink money.    The rare materials are going to go faster than they are farmed no matter what.

#26 Quarktastic

Quarktastic

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 55 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

View PostAlex Dimitri, on 03 December 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

The problem is i don`t desire or want actually Ascended gear, but I MUST get it so i could be competitive in WvW (player in full Ascended gear will have very visible advantage) and i kind of started to like WvW lately !

I'm getting real tired of hearing this argument. Mostly because it's wrong. Being competitive in WvW isn't about your gear, or even your individual "skillz." It's about either following the zerg, or leading the zerg. It's about how big your zerg is compared to the other servers. It's about how much siege your server can build and how well placed it is. Nothing that is "competitive" in WvW depends on your gear. Roaming around and killing individual players doesn't help your server.

View PostAlex Dimitri, on 03 December 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

I already gave up on Legendary, simply because i just can`t make that much gold to buy it (precursor & mats)

This sounds like a personal problem. I personally dislike the appearance of most legendaries. Even the legendary greatswords are unappealing to me.

View PostAlex Dimitri, on 03 December 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

I don`t really like dungeons, but hey at least you could group up with anyone, now with Fractals and those stupid levels i can barely score half decent party, and now i read here that people ask for specific +resistance ( i have even less wish to play it now) !

If you dislike dungeons, why are you complaining about not being able to find groups for dungeons? People still run old dungeons, just not as frequently as they used to.

People asking for specific agony resistance are running level 20+ fractals, where agony is mostly unavoidable and will kill you outright unless you have enough resistance to it. Up to level 10, you don't encounter agony at all. Between level 10 and 20, most agony is avoidable through dodging the attacks which apply it, and usually won't kill you if you pop a healing skill while it's ticking away.

Anyone who demands agony resistance below level 10 is an idiot.

#27 Var

Var

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1313 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

View PostQuarktastic, on 03 December 2012 - 09:42 PM, said:

Anyone who demands agony resistance below level 10 is an idiot.

To add, if you need it from 10-19, you should probably look to find some regulars to run with it because it is absolutely not required at all.
20+ is a but less forgiving but not impossible, surviving the agony usually requires that the party members focus on saving one or two of the five members who, in the gap, grab a crystal to resurrect safely. If you can keep one person alive, you've beaten the encounter and, five people blowing cooldowns, should be able to keep on person alive. You can pass the regular bosses with 0 resistance if you know the mechanics and plan accordingly.

The capacitor is a dungeon "skin of dedication", it honestly should be expensive and I think the tiering price for relics is fine. The issue is the 250 ecto per tier upgrade that's a bit much.

#28 Alex Dimitri

Alex Dimitri

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1175 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

View PostQuarktastic, on 03 December 2012 - 09:42 PM, said:

I'm getting real tired of hearing this argument. Mostly because it's wrong. Being competitive in WvW isn't about your gear, or even your individual "skillz." It's about either following the zerg, or leading the zerg. It's about how big your zerg is compared to the other servers. It's about how much siege your server can build and how well placed it is. Nothing that is "competitive" in WvW depends on your gear. Roaming around and killing individual players doesn't help your server.



This sounds like a personal problem. I personally dislike the appearance of most legendaries. Even the legendary greatswords are unappealing to me.



If you dislike dungeons, why are you complaining about not being able to find groups for dungeons? People still run old dungeons, just not as frequently as they used to.

People asking for specific agony resistance are running level 20+ fractals, where agony is mostly unavoidable and will kill you outright unless you have enough resistance to it. Up to level 10, you don't encounter agony at all. Between level 10 and 20, most agony is avoidable through dodging the attacks which apply it, and usually won't kill you if you pop a healing skill while it's ticking away.

Anyone who demands agony resistance below level 10 is an idiot.

Yeah i know it`s all about zergs but isn`t it fun when you go hunting wondering players, i like it so much (here comes difference, one man in zerg with Ascended gear no biggy, but one on one if you are in exotic you will always loose total power output difference would be 30+ %) !

I was just stating that levels for Fractals are not best solution they just separate people, also i`m doing it because Ascended rings are inside :P if they were not i would enter Fractals just to see what`s inside and i wouldn`t come back !

#29 ScoutMATH

ScoutMATH

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 257 posts
  • Location:New York City
  • Guild Tag:[MATH]
  • Server:Kaineng

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:36 AM

View PostAlleji, on 03 December 2012 - 09:04 PM, said:

Can't you wear 2 rings? Or a cloak? That's gotta be less than 250 ectos...

rings never drop for me since i got that ring long time ago. cloak? what's that?

#30 malevolence

malevolence

    Vanguard Scout

  • Community Contributors
  • 422 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LMBO]
  • Server:Underworld

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:52 AM

From 8 daily level 10+ chests I got 6 rings, and from 3 daily level 20+ chests I got 1 ring and 1 Fractal Greatsword. In total 11 daily chests and got 7 rings + Fractal Greatsword, Only 3 runs I got nothing. Plus at the time I went to level 20+ I had enough fractals to buy the back item and almost the ascended gift. I think the worst parts are :

-The 250 Globs of Ectoplasm needed to make the infused version of the back item.
-The 100 T6 materials to create infusions, and you cannot take out infusions once applied to an item.
-All the Bank space needed to keep all the loot (Globs, relics, rings, etc etc).

Edited by malevolence, 04 December 2012 - 01:55 AM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users