38 replies to this topic

#31 MisfitAndy

MisfitAndy

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:19 AM

View PostMordana666, on 07 December 2012 - 09:14 PM, said:

But soothing mist in water trait constantly provides regeneration no? So does that mean with Cleansing Water I'm constantly cleansing conditions each second?

It doesn't provide a regeneration boon, so it does not.

The glyph heal in water form cleanses a condition, though!

#32 Geeri

Geeri

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GOLD]
  • Server:Whiteside Ridge

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

I've looked into it, and I can never get the actual aura buff (in my buff list) when using Magnetic Grasp (Earth 3) in a Fire field. Seemingly, I also do not get the aura-associated boons (though this I should really test in a stable environment where my boons don't refresh all the time).

#33 chullster

chullster

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 363 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BZRK]
  • Server:Ring of Fire

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:24 PM

View PostGeeri, on 10 December 2012 - 01:20 PM, said:

I've looked into it, and I can never get the actual aura buff (in my buff list) when using Magnetic Grasp (Earth 3) in a Fire field. Seemingly, I also do not get the aura-associated boons (though this I should really test in a stable environment where my boons don't refresh all the time).

Yeah that's what I have found. Damn shame, as it was the most spammable of the auras. I assume it's a bug, but there are so many bugs atm I am not hopeful that it will get fixed. *bugged ele waves at my necro, riddled with bugs*

#34 Geeri

Geeri

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

I agree that there's a lot of bugs, but even so I do not feel like I'm being totally useless because of them. We are still great support in parties while doing some damage. Adding the fact that D/D Elementalist has a pretty great and, as far as I can tell, unique play style, I will most certainly not roll anything else or feel "gimped" or "left out". I agree that the bug fixes are in order to get us to our full potential, but until then I'm still having fun :-)

Besides, charging ahead into a group using RTL is way too much fun!

#35 Gheldomel

Gheldomel

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:45 AM

M Grasp as a leap finisher is in the patch notes. Hope it works for you guys now =/

In staff i switch to glyph cooldown for the heal and armor of earth at 50% health. I also don't run powerful aura, but you can switch your grandmaster water to remove condition on regen (my default) when in staff. That way you can run mistform- lightning flash- armor of earth an have each of them clear a condition due to the regen. you also will clear one switching to water or when using the glyph heal in water.

Edited by Gheldomel, 15 December 2012 - 07:47 AM.

#36 Geeri

Geeri

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:12 PM

Yes, Magnetic Grasp seems to be fixed! 08Ray, will you be testing out your cantrip-build now?

#37 DarkOrange

DarkOrange

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Guild Tag:[HERO]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

I've been using this build since my ele reached 80, and I love it. I'm very glad they fixed magnetic grasp :) more cantrips for me now, hehe.

However, I've been noticing that to get the leap finisher to proc I have to start in the fire field, then move out with magnetic grasp. If I try to grasp to someone within my fire field, it fails. Has anyone noticed this, or I am just being an idiot? haha :P

EDIT: also, I was wandering what people thought about the 20% reduced cooldown on water skills vs. the 20% reduced cooldown on cantrips. I'm currently using the 20% water CD, but have been thinking about using the cantrip one.

Edited by DarkOrange, 18 December 2012 - 01:59 AM.

#38 08Ray

08Ray

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GoT]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

Sorry for the inactivity! Been very busy during the holiday period and at the moment I'm too busy with my exams to fully test the cantrip-build. For what I could test the leap finisher indeed works again. Didn't notice the problem DarkOrange mentioned, but that could be because I haven't played a lot. For now I can say that I don't hate the build ;) But because I'm still used to getting the aura from the Signets it takes some getting used to. In the previous build I mainly used Signets because that was more convenient than timing my Elemental Attunements. I found it useful to have the extra Condition Removals, couldn't provit that much from the Regeneration so that's something I will have to test.

But at least I was able to do AC expl with this build, at some moments switching to Staff+Conjure Frost Bow but that's no problem. So I think the cantrips version is either as good as the signets version or better (and probably the latter). I hope to have more time in the upcoming weeks, but please feel free to test it yourselves aswell :)

On the CD reduction, I would personally go with cantrips rather than water skills, because those have a higher CD to start with which makes the difference more noticable. And also because imo the cantrips are more useful than the water skills in general because they give you so more versatile effects. So try switching it and see what you prefer.

EDIT: Ofcourse with cantrip-build I'm refering to the newer D/D Auramancer + Cantrips (without Signets) build and not the one with Signets.

Edited by 08Ray, 07 January 2013 - 10:26 PM.

#39 Geeri

Geeri

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:48 AM

Hey, nice to have you back!

I run [0/10/10/30/20] now and it's a blast! I use cantrips, but not for buff stacking and switch between 20% cd reduction on cantrips and frost skills (and Arcane Abatement in jumping puzzles). It's just hellafun and it works.

The 20% cd reduction on water skills is better because you can pop your frost aura more often. It's not because you want to use your *other* water skills more often (though having cleansing wave more often is also nice).

Also, you really don't need to use a staff in AC Expl :-) (At least, I have no clue where I'd need it...) There's only a handful of places where you *need* to use a staff (Arah comes to mind).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users