44 replies to this topic

#31 Kymeric

Kymeric

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1929 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

View PostOjimaru, on 03 January 2013 - 01:50 AM, said:

Uhm... you seem to have missed the fact the CM and TA dungeon tokens can be exchanged for Malice/Precision/Toughness weapon and armour.

No, I'm just not much of a dungeon runner.  Looks like I might become one, though.

#32 danzel4711

danzel4711

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:11 AM

Will this work with glamour skills to apply confusion like feedback on mass wvwvw? Anyone tried?

#33 Ojimaru

Ojimaru

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Guild Tag:[HIRE]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

View Postdanzel4711, on 06 January 2013 - 10:11 AM, said:

Will this work with glamour skills to apply confusion like feedback on mass wvwvw? Anyone tried?
If you mean through Ethereal combo fields, then yes, assuming the Combo Finisher (projectile or whirl) was from you.

#34 osicat

osicat

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

Ty Alot to op for vid and thread.

Danzel, yes it work. My guide run 2 galmour mesmers in a 12 man team when we hunt zergs. Normaly I run a burst shatter build thu.

Glamour confusion vid:

/Osicat

#35 F O S T E R

F O S T E R

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Guild Tag:[IM]
  • Server:Seafarer’s Rest

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

Confusion/Glamour build is more viable in wvw, i think: http://en.gw2skills....kRtWY0xpjdHvOA. It's not my build, I've only tested it in tPvP.
To projectile finisher - it's only 20% chance - in case of duelist - unload stack 1-2 of confusion.

#36 Izokka

Izokka

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

Osicat, get a condition necro in team, both mesmers spike dcondition to a warrior or something that has plenty of hp, when it has 10 staksc +of confusion let lthe necro use epidemic = Face crushed XD

#37 noggger

noggger

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

loving this build, thanks kyris and grimmson. against melee warriors/thiefs i had ~90% winrate so far in 1v1, anything ranged gets slightly more difficult, other mesmers who know what they are doing and especially stealth/bleed thiefs are almost impossible. seems like this build has a really hard time against anything that can get out of your target.

still having tons of fun watching the dude with 10 stacks confusion trying to burst down the dolyak. *trollface*

#38 cruzydub

cruzydub

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Server:Kodash

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

I like this kind of spec very well but S/P fits better my playstyle. So is it possible to run a similar build with S/P? Or must I have scepter/torch for playing this confusion build? I really like condition builds but tryed it over and over again and I´m ending up with this every time. Feels like this build is not beatable in 1on1 also in 1onX you really are a pain in the ass.

http://gw2skills.net...IbRuikFt Y8xuCA

any dodge roll does dmg. the enemy is crippled 100% of the fight, and they almost never can put preccure on you coz they lose target or simple dont get ya.

Is it only me, or due to spvp, that thiefs seem to hit with heartseeker no matter what, if I´m stealthed or pop Illusions like hell. They spam HS and I get hit in mass invis or decoy. They also never lose me as target. seems really strange, coz it feels like only thiefs do so. any comments to that?

greetz cruz

#39 grimmson

grimmson

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

cruzydub, perhaps you would be better served with the glamour confusion build.
this confusion bomber build lives with illusionary persona and good survivability in close encounters. so if you want to use pistol and don't want to use illu persona, try glamour confusion build.

as to thiefs, I don't know, if they hit heartseeker before you are in stealth they still will hit you. and HS don't need a target so he could guess your position. Illusionary persona helps you in this situation ;) distortion followed by mirror + dodge+ cof normaly does the job.

#40 cruzydub

cruzydub

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

View Postgrimmson, on 15 January 2013 - 01:50 PM, said:

cruzydub, perhaps you would be better served with the glamour confusion build.
this confusion bomber build lives with illusionary persona and good survivability in close encounters. so if you want to use pistol and don't want to use illu persona, try glamour confusion build.

as to thiefs, I don't know, if they hit heartseeker before you are in stealth they still will hit you. and HS don't need a target so he could guess your position. Illusionary persona helps you in this situation ;) distortion followed by mirror + dodge+ cof normaly does the job.

I like Illusionary Persona. The build I´ve posted isn´t about shattering. My Question was if I could run the Illu bomber also with S/P or is it not playable cause of lack of confusion stacking? I dont want to waste a Skill and iMage is a waste of skill ;) so I need an alternative. Or should I leave this spec alone and fokus on burst shatter spec?

#41 grimmson

grimmson

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

I think it is viable, sword is better than scepter in 99% of situations to begin with. even in wvw. and pistol is nice too, more bleeds and if done right more confusion. torch image is garbage, those 3 second confusions add almost nothing BUT prestige is a killerskill, very very good defence and a good offence + blast finisher (I love blast finishers). but that could be said about magc bullet too (-blast finisher) ;)
I guess I like torch more because it is easier to evade a zerg. I almost only die if I'm in a fight and a invisible zerg hits me. then I need all the invis skills I can get^^ and often I can get to safety with mass invis, decoy, prestige, blink, phase retreat.

tl;dr: solo = torch because more survivability, in groups = s/p, but in groups a glamour build is better imo

#42 cruzydub

cruzydub

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:19 AM

View Postgrimmson, on 16 January 2013 - 10:16 PM, said:

if done right more confusion.

tl;dr: solo = torch because more survivability, in groups = s/p, but in groups a glamour build is better imo

So let´s say you got a perfect Situation:
Magic Bullet - Phantasmal Duellist - Illu Leap (+Dodge roll) - Mind Wrack - Diversion - Mirror Images (+Dodge roll) - CoF
you would theoretically get
8 Stacks of Confusion + 8 Stacks of bleed (Unload) + 4 stacks of confusion (MW) + 8 Stacks of confusion from CoF (coz of Illu retribution) + 1 Stack (Diversion) = 29 Stacks!?!?! in theory sounds killer :P
If he stands in an ethereal Combo field right?

And What do you recommend in sPvP/tPvP? Also S/P is viable with a confusion build? Is the confusion build viable at all? Coz I got no Space and you almost always got a 1 vs x situation I feel I´m doing better with my non shatter condition build.

greetz

Edited by cruzydub, 17 January 2013 - 08:21 AM.

#43 grimmson

grimmson

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

imo in tpvp it is a little subpar :\
was using it a lot but it becomes very difficult against good teams.
other profs can def a point better because a lot of our survivability comes from stealth.
and as a damage dealer a power shatter build is more reliable I think.
but give it a go. I definitely had more fun with condition shatter in tpvp :)

#44 cruzydub

cruzydub

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:08 AM

was testing it yesterday. The build from your thread illusion/confusion bomber with sword/pistol + Rabid amulet and runes of lyssa/undead.
Worked really well, but I think vs good players it´s not worth it to give up the initial burst from blurred frenzy + mind wrack due to higher confusion ticks afterwards. So I switched back to shatter-cat.
So after testing many many builds I think shatter-cat variations,  + the non shattering condition build I´ve already postet is most viable. Shatter-cat is harder to play cause of the glassy character it has and I would use it for roaming. I go for more devense with runes and sigils as Ossi till I´m really really familiar with it.
The condition build fits really good for sPvP against multiple oponents and for point holding in my opinion. The high toughness + perma cripple + high condition dmg + illu generation like there is no tomorrow is really nice. I recomend all who haven´t tryed this build yet to give it a shot. The core of that build is to put sigil of energy on both weapon sets by the way ;)

Finally I´m done with build testing...unfortunately :( I love to try out Builds and runes and stuff. but I think the mesmer is finished with all we  have in this forum. Thanks to Ossi, grimmson and winterfell ;) nice job guys

greetz chris

Edited by cruzydub, 18 January 2013 - 09:10 AM.

#45 Mister Stygian

Mister Stygian

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

I have run the same trait allotment plenty of times, but when I looked at your damage I went and got a set of  rare Rabid jewelry for about a gold.  Just using a Rare Carrion Armor set, it boosted confusion up to a ridiculous amount.   I am getting 2k against players and was noticing 3+ hits against a Guild NPC.

I take Arcane Theivery instead of mirror images and I trait for shatters recharge in the second spot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users