- Good for DEs/AOE/Support
- Big AOE Might Stacks
- Requires Banner Management (1 Banner)
- Condition Damage is main stat (both weapon sets benefit), Carrion/(Koda/Orr/Nightmare)/Rampager. Flexible secondary stats.
- High Adrenaline Gain for Longbow Burst spam
- Rotation: Longbow Burst -> Longbow 3 -> Banner 5. Repeat every 10 seconds (CD)
- 6 to 12 AOE might stacks per rotation (initial Banner drop gives 3, For Great Justice gives 3). Can maintain 15 AOE might stacks without Boon Duration runes (recommend Boon Duration runes for max might) while still doing DPS.
- MH Sword for Bleeds, Leap (can leap into your own field for a Fire Shield), and Snare
- OH Sword for more bleed stacks
- OH Horn + Banner for 100% Swiftness Uptime (Excellent on escort events)
- Recommend 20% crit damage (via Jewels/Trinket) if you plan on using gear with a lot of precision
- 20 Arms (Sword/Bleed)
- 20 Tactics (Banner CD, Shout or Warhorn CD and 20% Boon Duration)
- 30 Discipline (Adrenaline gain, Burst cost reduction and 30% crit damage)
- Healing Skill - Healing Surge (Optional playstyle choice. I like to use a stage 3 heal before the Longbow Burst or get a smaller heal while getting max Adrenaline for Longbow Burst. You may not like this heal since this build isn't at 100% adrenaline 100% of the time)
- Utility Skill 1: Banner of Strength (adds both power and condition damage)
- Utility Skill 2: For Great Justice (Fury and Might stacks)
- Utility Skill 3: Shake it Off (Optional playstyle choice. I like it for the condition removal and stun break but you can use whatever you'd like).
- Elite Skill: Signet of Rage (for more adrenaline)
Good for grinding DEs and potentially for WvW. Uses warrior's only field, a large fire field that does burning. Requires banner management (1 banner), you always want to be in your fire field and you need the banner near you. Get good at picking it up and putting it down a lot with either 5 (for might/blast) or ~. Personaly I mouse turn so I made A/D alternates for skill 4 and 5 and made weapon swap/drop banner to Shift+E so all my banner stuff is close, I can hit F then D to pick up the blast or F then Shift+E to drop it if there is no field. 4/5 as Q/E instead of A/D would work very well with Shift+E.
Main stat is condition damage, both weapon sets benefit from it but you will also benefit from some power/crit (Sword and Longbow 1) and the might will help both your power and your condition damage. Recommend getting crit damage to 20%+ for 200% crits on longbow 1 and sword skills.
Get your adrenaline up, use For Great Justice, use Longbow Burst to put down your only fire field, follow it up with Longbow 3 for blast finisher and 3 might stacks, drop your banner in the field for another blast and 3 more might stacks, pick up the banner again and use Banner 5 to plant it again for another blast and 3 more might stacks. This can all be done in the same fire field. If possible save your heal skill for when your adrenaline is full before you use the longbow burst (can also use a different heal if you prefer). Your field is huge and you can kite around inside of it while still being able to get close to your banner when you need to plant it.
Banner 5, Longbow 3 and Longbow Burst are all on 10 second CD, during the 10 seconds you want to build as much adrenaline as possible for your Longbow burst, lay it down again then follow it up with Longbow 3 for might blast then pick up banner and put it down with 5 for another might blast. Use For Great Justice whenever it comes off CD. Can easily keep up 15 stacks of might with no condition duration runes, with Water x2, Monk x2 and Fire x2 in the mists I could keep over 20 stacks, occasionally 25, and this is with 1/3rd of the duration on the runes nerfed. Decreased Banner CD trait keeps the banner up until a few seconds short of the CD so you can do this pretty much forever. These are AOE might stacks that will be applied to allies.
Switch to Sword/Sword or Sword/Horn for bleeding (Sword 1 and 4), mobility (Sword 2) and a snare (Sword 3). Can put a sword in the offhand for more DPS through higher bleed stacks (Sword 4) and you get a block (Sword 5).
I prefer horn in a zerg and DEs due to the swiftness. It also gives you Vigor and added condition removal (even more with Tactics IX - Quick Breathing instead of shout CD if you want more support). Use Horn 4 then pick up your banner and hit 3 for two applications of AOE swiftness (really good to speed up NPCs and allies in DEs). Quickly drop the banner, use Horn 4 and then pick it up again and use Banner 3 again. Get used to doing this it makes events with NPCs go faster. You can do some fun stuff like lay down fire field with Longbow Burst then switch to sword and use 2 to Leap in and get a fire shield.
Edited by Nonlinear, 03 December 2012 - 09:45 PM.