Br0barian

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:23 PM

Hey all,
I am probably not the first to post this build however, I have been using it for quite some time and I feel that it the best build for my play style for Dungeons. It has great survivability and Support, as well as High DPS. I realize it is the not the highest DPS, however, the survivabilty paired with the support make you a beast. Dead DPS = 0 DPS

http://gw2skills.net...ciKLTWissZ5ySmF

For Gear I use a combination of Knight's Exotics and CoF for the crit. so essentially gear with either Pow/Prec/Tough or Pow/Prec/CC.

I use GS with Staff or Scepter/Focus with Staff. The 4 ability on the Staff (Empower) is key and you can use it every 16 seconds with this build, thus keeping a 12 stack (minimum after cast) of might on your allies and healing them. I like the Solders Runes b/c you get a free boon every time you shout, and boons heal you in this build, so your always passively healing yourself. The GS is great b/c it is a great AoE dmg dealer and you can control groups by pulling them in. I really like Tome of Courage for Support Spells and with the added healing power, your heals are very effective. In my opinion I think that Valor and Honor are the best Trees for Guardian, and with my playstyle, I not only keep my Allies buffed, thus increasing overall group dmg, but I can heal people and myself while dealing a nice amount of dmg.

#2 jpg1

jpg1

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[LOA]

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:54 AM

Pretty usual stuff --

The combination of maxing both Valor and Honor, is really going to make the set-up potent offensively and defensively. The 30% Bonus Damage for Critical Hits is really sweet.

The only revision I can think of is not splitting the last 10 points between Radiance or Virtues. I would go full 10 with either with the following justifications:

(1) Going full Radiance would amount to a total of 4%+ increase in critical chance. You will also be able to unlock Signet Mastery to improve Healing Recharge

(2) Going full Virtues allows you better recharge on your Virtues Activation by 10% and allows you to improve consecrations which you may swap out for your Shouts in certain instances.

Edited by jpg1, 04 December 2012 - 07:54 AM.

#3 farkov47

farkov47

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:11 AM

i'd say split it.

Radiance 5 - blinding on justice is good enough trait for opening dmg mitigation.
Virtue 5 - Inspired virtues are damn inspiring, 5 seconds of Might, 5 seconds of Regen, 5 seconds of Protection is massive.

#4 jpg1

jpg1

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[LOA]

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

View Postfarkov47, on 04 December 2012 - 09:11 AM, said:

i'd say split it.

Radiance 5 - blinding on justice is good enough trait for opening dmg mitigation.
Virtue 5 - Inspired virtues are damn inspiring, 5 seconds of Might, 5 seconds of Regen, 5 seconds of Protection is massive.

It's workable but I think a bit of sacrifice on one end can mean a lot. Just my personal preference.

#5 EinarT

EinarT

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

Using the same build but with 10 in Radiance. If you're splitting it then I would definitely use
Renewed focus as the elite skill since inspired virtues' effect is 'massive'! :P

Edited by EinarT, 04 December 2012 - 02:09 PM.

#6 Br0barian

Br0barian

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

View Postjpg1, on 04 December 2012 - 07:54 AM, said:

Pretty usual stuff --

The combination of maxing both Valor and Honor, is really going to make the set-up potent offensively and defensively. The 30% Bonus Damage for Critical Hits is really sweet.

The only revision I can think of is not splitting the last 10 points between Radiance or Virtues. I would go full 10 with either with the following justifications:

(1) Going full Radiance would amount to a total of 4%+ increase in critical chance. You will also be able to unlock Signet Mastery to improve Healing Recharge

(2) Going full Virtues allows you better recharge on your Virtues Activation by 10% and allows you to improve consecrations which you may swap out for your Shouts in certain instances.

Now that I think about it, I am going to go 10 virtues, b/c I like to use Sanctuary/ Purging Flames/ Wall of Reflection, plus additional Boon duration means more passive healing for me. Thanks for the recommendation.

#7 Br0barian

Br0barian

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

Update, here is the new build.
http://gw2skills.net...i9AjwPjXPooDZIA

Wall of reflection is boss in Dungeons, condition removal, blocks projectiles, and it would seem that enemies cannot go through it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users