Zheo

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SQDN]
  • Server:Borlis Pass

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

I said this in another thread...

If you please someone they tell maybe 3 people. Piss off one person, and they go on the internet, where their rage echoes eternal.

#32 Dosearius

Dosearius

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

holy crap this community is a joke...for the longest time we hear stuff like "Stop introducing new content and fix the stuff already in there"...this patch was an example of them doing just that and now I see a bunch of posts complaining like mad about them not fixing some of the things that are fairly new (fractals, for example) or people crying because the fixes they did put in were not the ones THEY (the criers) wanted.

Guess it just goes to show that you can't make all the people happy all of the time.  To read these forums at times you would think that 95% of the game's population hates the game and the company that made it.  Keep rattling those cages folks, it gives me something to laugh at between taking care of real-life crap and enjoying the game.

#33 I'm Squirrel

I'm Squirrel

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1096 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DPS]

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:39 AM

View PostGilles VI, on 04 December 2012 - 01:35 PM, said:

GW1 was good, it was the first online game to catch my attention and it was also the only one to keep it untill GW2 came out.

And ofcourse GW1 had its perks that GW2 doesn't have, but GW2 is in so many ways better than GW1.

I fully disagree. GW2 has a few extra additions, but do those additions really make it better than GW1? Hell no.

The only thing GW2 offers is z-axis movement(jumping, swimming), the ability to see other players in the same zone(not open world), and WvWvW.

A few major "additions" that makes GW2 a horrible failure of a "sequel" to GW1:

-grinding is mandatory at all times(events; leveling to 80),
-level system is ridiculously "annoying"--> level 80's don't do sh*t to lvl 5 mobs
-loot/dungeon doesn't feel rewarding; they're barely any distinctive loot
-max party members in PvE is 5,
-combat and skill system is stale and boring
-campaign storyline is EXTREMELY weak; honestly don't remember sh*t going through two level 80's
-weapons are locked to specific professions
-guild system is a JOKE
-sense of exploration is destroyed because of map points(events, poi's, etc)
-gear based PvE(full superior runes and lvl 80 exotics are significantly better in PvE)

Cliffs:
-GW2's negatives heavily outweighs any pros it has
-GW2 is hardly better in ANY aspect than GW1

#34 Dosearius

Dosearius

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:40 AM

View PostI, on 05 December 2012 - 01:39 AM, said:

I fully disagree. GW2 has a few extra additions, but do those additions really make it better than GW1? Hell no.

The only thing GW2 offers is z-axis movement(jumping, swimming), the ability to see other players in the same zone(not open world), and WvWvW.

-level system is ridiculously "annoying"--> level 80's don't do sh*t to lvl 5 mobs
-campaign storyline is EXTREMELY weak; honestly don't remember sh*t going through two level 80's
-guild system is a JOKE
-gear based PvE(full superior runes and lvl 80 exotics are significantly better in PvE)

Cliffs:

All I see here is opinion, which by it's very nature means you are correct...but only for you.  Someone else may feel the exact opposite about many of the things you bring up, but they would also be 100% correct...because it's an opinion.

#35 Gilles VI

Gilles VI

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[ICE]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:31 AM

-guild system is a JOKE

Cliffs:
  • Grinding is just as mandatory as titel grinding in GW1.
  • That's your opinion, I really enjoy downscaling.
  • And running SoO hundreds of times without any decent loot feels rewarding?? LOL
  • Max party size in most PvE was 1, hurray for heroes!
  • Combat was much more boring in GW1.. again hurray for heroes! And any "hard" area was just farmed mindnumbingly with SF.
  • Campaigns were just as boring in GW1 in my opinion..
  • Weapons were also "locked" to certain professions, you could use them, but if you did you were just utterly useless.
  • Guild system could be improved yes.
  • I quite agree with the exploration.
  • Yea so a full survivor insignia + vigor runes and and vitae wasn't better than a not geared character?
In my opinion the whole PvE aspect is better in GW2, also the WvW if we compare it to AB/CM.
Only thing better in GW1 is the PvP (for now).

btw is the exploration so much worse than scraping walls with a 3rd person program just to be able to finish it?

Edited by Gilles VI, 05 December 2012 - 07:32 AM.

#36 Juanele

Juanele

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1738 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:58 AM

Seems as though people state their opinions as absolutes and facts.

I must say I much prefer GW2's combat over GW1. One thing I did like in GW1 were the amount of skills available to make a build. I wish they would have stuck with that in GW2 along with the combat they have here. GW1's combat was fairly static and stale, like most traditional mmo combat.

#37 Reverse Ghost

Reverse Ghost

Horrors Persist

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 201 posts
  • Profession:Necromancer
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:14 AM

Heh. Maybe next time, Necromancers ;D

Still, nice to see bug fixes in any category.

Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.

#38 Shatteredz

Shatteredz

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

View PostMouse1981, on 04 December 2012 - 09:37 AM, said:

The beauty of it all is that they released a game bugged beyond belief, and their half-incompetent "fixes" are interpreted as -working hard for the game and community- by the hardcore GW2 fans.

They also released the game in 2012 with barely any features and game modes, even without those BASIC, standard ones, and their POTENTIAL, vague plans in that department manage to incite excitement in the previously mentioned group of people. Sad, or funny?

- Car manufacturer: "We are happy to announce that we released the latest model of our car in 2012 with no tires, no steering wheel and no seats. But we are looking into it and MIGHT add them later down the road. Also, the wipers, the central locking system and fuel injection aren't working but we are working hard on fixing that"

- The masses: "Wow, this is the best car manufacturer EVER! What a car! We might even get all of the standard -equipment- Yugo has and which is essential for a car to serve it's basic purpose. This looks really promising." <orgasm>

Which other MMO's are bugfree at launch?
Oh wait, none are. And to be honest, i almost never encountered a bug in GW2, besides a few stuck events and the culling issue, and i have been playing since release.

#39 deitiesforce

deitiesforce

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 416 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DA]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

View PostShatteredz, on 05 December 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

Which other MMO's are bugfree at launch?
Oh wait, none are. And to be honest, i almost never encountered a bug in GW2, besides a few stuck events and the culling issue, and i have been playing since release.
well they pretty much broke mesmer phatasm right now lol...at least they are fixing it. You should go to official forum and look at the list of bugs for each profession. I didn't even know there are THAT MANY until yesterday when i go through the list... You don't know/encounter them doesn't mean there are none...

Edited by deitiesforce, 05 December 2012 - 08:42 PM.

#40 Lordkrall

Lordkrall

Legion Commander

• Members
  • 5337 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

View Postdeitiesforce, on 05 December 2012 - 08:42 PM, said:

well they pretty much broke mesmer phatasm right now lol...at least they are fixing it. You should go to official forum and look at the list of bugs for each profession. I didn't even know there are THAT MANY until yesterday when i go through the list... You don't know/encounter them doesn't mean there are none...

Mesmer Phatasms are not really broken.
I have not seen much difference since the patch. Other then the fact that we can't exploit it and take out stuff on other side of walls in WvW.

#41 deitiesforce

deitiesforce

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 416 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DA]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

View PostLordkrall, on 05 December 2012 - 08:53 PM, said:

Mesmer Phatasms are not really broken.
I have not seen much difference since the patch. Other then the fact that we can't exploit it and take out stuff on other side of walls in WvW.

You do know that they wait a good second+ before they start hitting (especially iberserker)

#42 Lordkrall

Lordkrall

Legion Commander

• Members
  • 5337 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

View Postdeitiesforce, on 05 December 2012 - 09:14 PM, said:

You do know that they wait a good second+ before they start hitting (especially iberserker)

I do know that. Seeing as I play a Mesmer daily.
If you play a Mesmer and need to have your Phatasms attack at the very moment you use your skill you should start to plan your fights.

#43 MazingerZ

MazingerZ

Golem Rider

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2254 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[CYRL]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

View PostLordkrall, on 05 December 2012 - 10:26 PM, said:

If you play a Mesmer and need to have your Phatasms attack at the very moment you use your skill you should start to plan your fights.

PvP?
It's okay to enjoy crap if you're willing to admit it's crap.
Every patch is like ArenaNet walking out onto the stage of the International Don't Kitten Up Championship, and then proceeding to shiv itself in the stomach 30 times while screaming "IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!"

#44 Lordkrall

Lordkrall

Legion Commander

• Members
  • 5337 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:30 AM

View PostMazingerZ, on 05 December 2012 - 10:31 PM, said:

PvP?

Plan your fights.
Simply don't use your Phatasm at the moment the enemy is upon you. Use it while they are getting close. And use clones to distract them.

#45 Busho

Busho

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

View PostLordkrall, on 06 December 2012 - 05:30 AM, said:

Plan your fights.
Simply don't use your Phatasm at the moment the enemy is upon you. Use it while they are getting close. And use clones to distract them.

However this should not be an excuse for unintended delay.
Regardless of how  useful or useless it might be in a certain situation, the delay in not an intended functionality and therefore a bug.

But they have already stated that are aware of this issue and are working on a fix, so that is OK with me.

#46 Zheo

Zheo

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SQDN]
  • Server:Borlis Pass

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:13 PM

-guild system is a JOKE

Cliffs:

Your opinion is your opinion, and far be it from me to let you know that you're wrong, but I wanted to thank you for making me laugh my ass off as I read this.

Grinding is mandatory to level? Really. There are Hearts, Dynamic Events, mining/chopping/gathering, WvW, pvp, crafting AND dungeons, any combination of which will level you to 80. Do you know what grinding means? There is nothing forcing you to stand in a field killing bandits from level 1 to 80, which would be grinding. Completing content, like 'quests' is not grinding, its the crazy thing called playing the game *gasp*.

GW2's downward scaling system has been largely advertised. I'm ever so sorry that you can't stroll into a zone and faceroll the level 5 mobs. What did that make you feel powerful? If this is your logic, I'll be sure to look for you at the local schoolyard where I'm sure you 'own' all the little kids at games of basketball, because that's what big kids do, right? Use their power to show the little ones who is boss?

Each dungeon has it's own set of armor which requires tokens to purchase. I concede that they could have done more for dungeon loot, but given the story of each dungeon, I'll take that over a 'go there and clean the place out' story line.

Given that there are no 'raids' in GW2, does the party size really matter? You can speak in /say or make a chat channel to use. Party size does not impede your gameplay process much.

Now, my personal favourite 'combat and skill system are stale and boring'. I'm sorry, but really? We have the game mechanics to lay combo fields and use different finishers to create new effects and can dodge and move in combat. How in christ is this boring? Look at the 'gold' standard for MMOs, WoW. You stand there and hit your rotation waiting for procs. Wow. Incredibly exciting. Really.

Campaign storyline is weak? That's what happens when you hit the 'skip to end' button. While I preferred the story of Guild wars 1, there was still lots that happened in GW2. Perhaps you were blinded by rage?

How does weapons being locked to specific professions impact how you play? And, further, how is this a GW2 centric issue? Go ahead, try and equip a bow on your Mage in WoW. Doesn't work so well. Or equip your hammer on your Monk in GW1. Pointless, really. Sure you can swing it, but the skills dont match up.

Gear based PVE? Cause its completely and utterly unrealistic to say "Hey, you can't fight that giant *ing dragon wearing starter armor". EVERY MMO requires you to advance your gear as you get stronger. Why are you taking it out on GW2?

My recommendation to you: buy a deck of cards. No minium system requirements, no boring combat (because hey, when you get bored, change the game!) and you can make the storyline up in your head! :D

#47 XRay

XRay

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 287 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[TBF]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

View PostLordkrall, on 05 December 2012 - 10:26 PM, said:

the more you write the more I get the idea you have no idea what you are talking about.

#48 ilr

ilr

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2664 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

View PostMouse1981, on 04 December 2012 - 09:37 AM, said:

- Car manufacturer: "We are happy to announce that we released the latest model of our car in 2012 with no tires, no steering wheel and no seats. But we are looking into it and MIGHT add them later down the road.
>implying you could get down the road in a car like that :zip:   ... but at this point nothing would surprise me.

#49 Shatteredz

Shatteredz

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

View Postdeitiesforce, on 05 December 2012 - 08:42 PM, said:

Of course there are bugs. Wow is really old and still has plenty of buggs/exploits presenting itself. Buggs and such are something you are going to have to deal with in a online game where people constantly demand content updates. GW2 has had 2 major buggs since launch that I encountered, the trading post being unavailable and the culling issue. I dont think i ever played a online game at the launch that did better then that or even got close.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: updates, arenanet, patch, notes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users