#1 JONO51

JONO51

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

Anyone know what caused the supply to triple (~500k->1.5mln) between 12th and 19th of November? Scanning the updates page I can't really see anything.

#2 GnomGnomGnom

GnomGnomGnom

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:17 AM

probably become some group of people bought it all up to try to fix the market and eventually gave up. doesnt seem reasonable to have that big of a dramatic spike - normally anyways

#3 JONO51

JONO51

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

View PostGnomGnomGnom, on 06 December 2012 - 06:17 AM, said:

probably become some group of people bought it all up to try to fix the market and eventually gave up. doesnt seem reasonable to have that big of a dramatic spike - normally anyways

Doubtful. To keep it hidden like that (no big drops in supply beforehand) would have meant putting 1000g into silver ore over the course of several weeks. Would be an incredibly strange choice, since supply and demand was pretty even, and its only of use in two crafts anyway. I think there has got to be something more to it.

#4 Mister Stygian

Mister Stygian

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

I am working on a new alt and was running around kessix hills and I kept seeing bots node farming at silver locations.   They log on hit node and dissapear in a matter of 5 or 6 seconds total of being online-saw this 4 different times in a matter of about an hour and half spent on the map.  I thought it was kind of absurd usage of a stolen account, but it definitely didn't look like human activity.  Maybe the are using empty slots on some of the accounts and running there with basically no leveling to farm the nodes a couple times a day.  There is one node just southeast of the entrance coming out of queensdale where I noticed two of them.

Edited by Mister Stygian, 06 December 2012 - 10:41 PM.

#5 JONO51

JONO51

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

View PostMister Stygian, on 06 December 2012 - 10:39 PM, said:

I am working on a new alt and was running around kessix hills and I kept seeing bots node farming at silver locations.   They log on hit node and dissapear in a matter of 5 or 6 seconds total of being online-saw this 4 different times in a matter of about an hour and half spent on the map.  I thought it was kind of absurd usage of a stolen account, but it definitely didn't look like human activity.  Maybe the are using empty slots on some of the accounts and running there with basically no leveling to farm the nodes a couple times a day.  There is one node just southeast of the entrance coming out of queensdale where I noticed two of them.

hmm, yeah, node tp bots could account for this.

#6 Mister Stygian

Mister Stygian

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:43 AM

I see these bots hitting pretty much every resource now.  I notice them most during this time period.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users