Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

What is there for me to do?


  • Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 Alex Dimitri

Alex Dimitri

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1176 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

@OP

You play 2 h a day and can`t make gold, i play sometimes 10 h a day and still nothing....
Advice about dungeons works only like Sheepski said if you have very good party you always play with !
Trading Post "playing" for this to work and for you to make some cash (considerable amount) you need to invest lot of gold (this FACT people usually forget to mention) when they give advice !!!

And when i watched on youtube complete run on Fractals lvl 36 i lost wish to ever enter that place again, dude who was playing (run lasted about 1 h) after 3 bosses (and 4th bonus) got like 3 yellows of which 2 drop at level 3 of this dungeon ???

So anyone defending drops in this game has some serious issues (or maybe it`s just Masochist) DROPS are MORE THAN BAD.....and with every new tweak Anet lowers them even more !

#32 Lucas Ashrock

Lucas Ashrock

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Banned
  • 1000 posts
  • Location:Asia, always around

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

View PostCelestine Grey, on 05 December 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

Don't quit the game thats the worst advice ever! This form is full of people who are bitching about the game - I think it's great and I'm happy to look past the issues!

Failing that keep hoping to pick up that one excellent drop. I was lucky enough to loot a precurser during the lost shores weekend and managed to sell it for 200G - money issues are over :)
I remember a guy who posted same exact words about swotr. Opps, ended up with massleaving and fail ;)
Fancy how positive is your post, now you're rich huh

View PostAlex Dimitri, on 05 December 2012 - 03:47 PM, said:

@OP

You play 2 h a day and can`t make gold, i play sometimes 10 h a day and still nothing....
Advice about dungeons works only like Sheepski said if you have very good party you always play with !
Trading Post "playing" for this to work and for you to make some cash (considerable amount) you need to invest lot of gold (this FACT people usually forget to mention) when they give advice !!!

And when i watched on youtube complete run on Fractals lvl 36 i lost wish to ever enter that place again, dude who was playing (run lasted about 1 h) after 3 bosses (and 4th bonus) got like 3 yellows of which 2 drop at level 3 of this dungeon ???

So anyone defending drops in this game has some serious issues (or maybe it`s just Masochist) DROPS are MORE THAN BAD.....and with every new tweak Anet lowers them even more !
To make you feel better, running a lv50 fotm, you get the same exact trash, ascended rings ( on daily) and fractal weapons ( if and when happens) same you get at lv20-30. Just extremely, extremely longer and harder. Your agony def is useless, feel free to not wear it at 50, you're paper if not dodged in time. Your back broken is a shame, wear an exo one with your stats or craft an other one if broken as substitute.
I still laugh about the exotic 20slot bag available by the token merchant :D

Edited by Lucas Ashrock, 05 December 2012 - 04:02 PM.


#33 Celestine Grey

Celestine Grey

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

View PostLucas Ashrock, on 05 December 2012 - 03:54 PM, said:

I remember a guy who posted same exact words about swotr. Opps, ended up with massleaving and fail ;)

Great thanks for that. Really helps the OP and me.

#34 Lucas Ashrock

Lucas Ashrock

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Banned
  • 1000 posts
  • Location:Asia, always around

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

View PostCelestine Grey, on 05 December 2012 - 04:02 PM, said:

Great thanks for that. Really helps the OP and me.
You wrote a funny post, now you're rich, i had fun to reply. And your reply doesn't make my post false ;)

Edited by Lucas Ashrock, 05 December 2012 - 04:06 PM.


#35 Shizu

Shizu

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 139 posts
  • Location:Europe

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

They told us we should be able to aquire money by playing the game 'as intended', doing a bit of everything.
Maybe not at the same rate as a dedicated farmer, but still a respectable income.

The truth is completely different.
If you like the game as it is, do what you enjoy, be it WvW, dungeons, dynamic events. But don't expect to gain enough money for any significant project in a reasonable time.

If you want something big (legendary/cultural), you have to farm.
Can be dynamic events in Orr (not sure how viable it is) or daily dungeons with a dedicated team.

You surely aren't getting a legendary or a cultural by playing the game as intended by the devs.

#36 Lucas Ashrock

Lucas Ashrock

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Banned
  • 1000 posts
  • Location:Asia, always around

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

Nor any blinking cool weapons, fractal capacitor backs so blinky etc etc ;)

Edited by Lucas Ashrock, 05 December 2012 - 04:07 PM.


#37 Lordkrall

Lordkrall

    Legion Commander

  • Members
  • 5337 posts
  • Location:Sweden
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

View PostShizu, on 05 December 2012 - 04:05 PM, said:

They told us we should be able to aquire money by playing the game 'as intended', doing a bit of everything.
Maybe not at the same rate as a dedicated farmer, but still a respectable income.

The truth is completely different.
If you like the game as it is, do what you enjoy, be it WvW, dungeons, dynamic events. But don't expect to gain enough money for any significant project in a reasonable time.

If you want something big (legendary/cultural), you have to farm.
Can be dynamic events in Orr (not sure how viable it is) or daily dungeons with a dedicated team.

You surely aren't getting a legendary or a cultural by playing the game as intended by the devs.

Of course you are.
But you won't have it a few months after release.
You will have it a year or so after release, which was what they intended with Legendaries.

#38 Noirr

Noirr

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 22 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ACO]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

lol i usually make 6 gold average in todays market after 2 hour cursed shore event farm (arah - penitent - shelter -tar - anchorage - grenth - Gavebeorn - jofast) is that to little? moving around constantly map checking asking for where are the events..not like the usual farmer that just stands at either penitent or shelter waiting for the next event to repeat...

Edited by Noirr, 05 December 2012 - 06:28 PM.


#39 Lafiele

Lafiele

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:02 AM

I think the most profitable option for you to do right now is to find a casual competent guild in your available time zone to play with. Doing quick runs of AC path 1-3 and CoF path 1 and 2 are quite a good source of money for starting players and even for later vet players. Good groups can get all 5 paths done within and hour and excluding the loot, that is 26s*5 = 1.3g + tokens for exotic gear. Typically, running these dungeons daily I earn on average of 4g or more an get at least 3-5 rares from it (usually 1 exotic too).

Fotm does seem to give better loot than other dungeons from my experience but the pain of D/C and running into incompetent players who don't listen thus making the dungeon much harder/longer or even incomplete is not worth it in the long run. If you find a good group of people to play then it's well worth doing but from a PuG perspective, AC and CoF are much safer options since even if the players don't listen or lack in skill, the chances of an incomplete are still much lower.

To be honest, I still like to farm the grenth event in Orr but no one else seems to enjoy doing that event even though the loot there is extremely good. I've gotten so many rares and so many t6 mats farming that event.

#40 fatrodmc

fatrodmc

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 98 posts
  • Guild Tag:[uA]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:14 AM

The consensus here seems to be dungeons...I am in the same boat as the OP but I would actually not even bother trying to run dungeons because it is rare for me to get 1-2 hours where I know I won't be interrupted / have to leave.

Some peoples lives are like that you know...

If anyone comes up with a good non-dungeon way of making gold please share.

#41 LavaSquid

LavaSquid

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 452 posts
  • Location:Singapore
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[----]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:27 AM

I am doing CoF everyday for T5 materials and molten stones, takes only about 1hour to complete path 1 and 2 :D Then I will spend the rest of the time on map completion. Not to mention Frostgorge Sound is just beside and you can go there to harvest your daily Ori ore.

#42 Gileas898

Gileas898

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 667 posts
  • Location:Sweden
  • Guild Tag:[NoVa]
  • Server:Underworld

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:41 AM

View PostLordkrall, on 05 December 2012 - 03:34 PM, said:

Have you actually done FotM?

The greens and yellows drops like flies.

What a brilliant example of a logical fallacy.

#43 Grumpdogg

Grumpdogg

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 167 posts
  • Location:Australia
  • Guild Tag:[REO]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

Grind son. Grind like hell.

#44 Lucas Ashrock

Lucas Ashrock

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Banned
  • 1000 posts
  • Location:Asia, always around

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

View PostGileas898, on 06 December 2012 - 10:41 AM, said:

What a brilliant example of a logical fallacy.
Which is completely true. He forgot to mention named exotic dropping too.

Edited by Lucas Ashrock, 06 December 2012 - 06:35 PM.


#45 Gileas898

Gileas898

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 667 posts
  • Location:Sweden
  • Guild Tag:[NoVa]
  • Server:Underworld

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:04 AM

View PostLucas Ashrock, on 06 December 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

Which is completely true. He forgot to mention named exotic dropping too.

Whether or not a statement is true or not has nothing to do with it being a logical fallacy or not.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users