#1 iluvthis3

iluvthis3

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:28 PM

Heres the playstyle i wanted
- Not be useful to the team ( well guardians are good enough )
- Semi-tank/Damage
- Achieve high might easily ( 15+ )
- High precision and crit damage
- Using Greatsword ( im really commited to it so dunt ask me to change :D )

So this was the build i went with : 10/30/0/0/30 ( received some lectures from other warriors )
As for skills , i went : http://gw2skills.net...FARjkO5uBPKPMRA
Armor : Kinghts armor , berserker weapon/trinkets ( is it retarded ? )

Many many other warriors use shout build or whatever there is , so i really started to wonder why are signets bad and not used by majority of warriors . Can the playstyle i wanted actually be achieved ?
Post your opinions about it , thanks !

#2 MrCats

MrCats

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Server:Blacktide

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

Go Check Falcons build. You may enjoy that one, it sounds like what your looking for.

Edited by MrCats, 05 December 2012 - 07:58 PM.

#3 Zerikin Loukbel

Zerikin Loukbel

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

Knights armor and berserker jewelry is fine. Going all signets is not that great though. Signet of Might's passive gives you the same amount of power as running Banner of Strength does only your entire party would benefit. The active on the signet gives you 5 stacks of might with a 50% up time assuming you use the signet cool down trait, which comes out to 87.5  power average.

Have you looked at the sonic boon build? Its a might stacking GS build.

#4 Brand

Brand

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 490 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DBVG]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:48 PM

I'm with Zerikin :P Ask me any questions you need to know about Sonic Boon, I'd be happy to answer them if you are interested in the build!

#5 Eqo

Eqo

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TwiA]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:41 AM

I'll echo the Sonic Boon suggestion. It hits really hard because you have permanent fury (+20% crit chance) and tons of might (+1 billion power). Your gear matches what works for me, so you shouldn't have anything to worry about there.

Unfortunately the shouts affect your team as well as you...so if you're dead set on "Not be useful to the team" you may be disappointed.  ^_^  You could keep FGJ and replace the other two shouts with signets if you really want to be selfish.

#6 Brand

Brand

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 490 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DBVG]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:27 AM

Eqo, your post is magical.

Edit: Just noticed that you said Echo and your name is Eqo, your post became even more magical.

I guess I should actually give my opinion to this thread starter though. Signet builds are bad because everyone needs to do their part in a group, ESPECIALLY warriors and guardians. They are the best classes suited for it, though thieves are the only class that can't support at all really.

I think what you're saying is that you don't want to put too much stock into supporting your teammates. Sonic Boon does that for you, you get support as a side effect of the rest of the build, so you're not really wasting anything on team... If you want to think of it that way.

Edited by Brand, 06 December 2012 - 03:35 AM.

#7 Sithicus Dias

Sithicus Dias

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[TAC]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

Signets reflect a limited playstyle, since if you're trying to capitalize from Deep Strike, you will end up leaving most of them to their passive buffs anyway. This inactivity if you will, limits the potential of your whole group. Using a Shout or Banner affects your whole team (range permitting of course), so in that respect, a buff you provide has much more effectiveness than a personal buff. In this way, Banners and Shouts allow you to improve your whole team's ability to kill things quickly.

Playing "selfishly" using Signets is up to you of course, but I think the reason Signets draw so much criticism is because of the other skills you have that can provide so much more utility to your team. A signet isn't perceived as something that is actually helping your team win a fight.

Banners and Shouts are also fairly mindless support too, I mean all you need to do is put the banner down in a reasonably good spot, and the passive does the rest. You just have to consider whether providing a buff to your whole team, or one for yourself is really better?

Edited by Sithicus Dias, 06 December 2012 - 10:24 PM.

#8 kissmyelemental

kissmyelemental

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:41 AM

Even if you want to be selfish and don't care about support, a shout or banner build is superior in almost every way. Especially in dungeons, which imho are the measuring stick to whether your build is actually useful or not for pve. Any build (including signet) can farm DE's in cursed shore. Try surviving in arah with a signet build, its not easy.

I run a shout build slightly different from the sonic boom build, but that build will give you a good basis on what you need to know. What it comes down to, is, you get three extra heals, a condition remover (which your signet build lacks btw), and some useful utility skills with low cooldowns. I recommend using "mending" as your healing skill as that also removes 2 conditions.

#9 Itgotbinned

Itgotbinned

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Guild Tag:[CRUX]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

I was going to make similar points as to what Brand and Sithicus said.... but they articulated it better than I could have managed, being a northerner and everything :P

/Binit

#10 iluvthis3

iluvthis3

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:15 AM

Thanks a lot for your opinions , and I'm not really dead set on the " not being useful " haha . I'll check out the sonic build then :)
@ brand : will pm u if I have any questions , thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: signets, warrior, greatsword

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users