• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

How do people get so much gpoints in spvp nowadays?

spvp glory

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Lola Haze

Lola Haze

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:23 PM

So I've been away from pvp for a good while now.
Tried out some random spvp these last couple of nights (did get to R24 before I devoted myself to pve for a while).
And I couldn't help notice how frikkin' much points people are getting.
It's not the normal 200ish for a good game, no no, 5-6 from each team are scoring 400+
So I thought "Ey I'm gonna keep up with those dudes", so I roam, I tag bases, kill people and just goes all out to get points points points...

and I worked my ass off, making me think there has to be some trick to it.

#2 Korlic

Korlic

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Guild Tag:[EICo]
  • Server:Eredon Terrace

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

View PostLola Haze, on 05 December 2012 - 10:23 PM, said:

So I've been away from pvp for a good while now.
Tried out some random spvp these last couple of nights (did get to R24 before I devoted myself to pve for a while).
And I couldn't help notice how frikkin' much points people are getting.
It's not the normal 200ish for a good game, no no, 5-6 from each team are scoring 400+
So I thought "Ey I'm gonna keep up with those dudes", so I roam, I tag bases, kill people and just goes all out to get points points points...

and I worked my ass off, making me think there has to be some trick to it.

I have never seen even 1 person score 400 or more. Highest I have seen scored is 300+'s which depending on which map, is not hard to get.

#3 Arngrim Einheri

Arngrim Einheri

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2875 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

Every time you hit somebody you mark him so no matter how he dies, by your hand or a teammate's you are given 5 points. Then there are people who run around "marking" people with AoE attacks and if they die inside a cap point you are given 15 points for each kill no matter if you gave the "coup de grace" or not.

#4 Skyro

Skyro

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

I vaguely remember the glory per match you get is capped per match, like 200 I think? Don't quote me on that but I do remember there being some cap of some sort.

#5 Louis8k8

Louis8k8

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BS]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

Game points hardly mean anything since it doesn't matter after the game. They don't even mean if you win the game or not. I don't care for sPvP wins but that's everyone's own opinions. What all of us probably do care about is farming glory/rank points for each game.

Me on necro with 400 game points. Which is all meaningless fluff, my team lost (not my concern, it's sPvP). But it's only worth 325 glory/rank if you look at the bottom.
Spoiler

On my ranger with 375 game points, but worth 395 glory / 390 rank.
Spoiler

As you can see, more kills and more captures doesn't actually reflect the glory/rank points too directly. I've killed/captured far less on the ranger yet still earned more from the match. The reason I had more rank points with less kills was because I killed those people while defending a point we already possess (point defending).

Neither of these have revivals (other team died so quickly i have no one to res), but max revivals is a free 5 glory/rank points. Changing to the lesser team gives another 5, winning gives 5, i can't list all of them off my head. Make sure you're coordinated so that you get credit for lord kill, mob kill, treb repair etc. Those are what you want. Not the # that shows up for everyone.

View PostSkyro, on 06 December 2012 - 04:27 PM, said:

I vaguely remember the glory per match you get is capped per match, like 200 I think? Don't quote me on that but I do remember there being some cap of some sort.
Game point has a cap to how much glory is worth. Addition glory can be gained from match achievements like #1 point defender, #1 assaulter, #1 revival. So naturally, there is a cap. I don't know what the max is, as getting every achievement is pretty rare.

Edited by Louis8k8, 06 December 2012 - 04:41 PM.

#6 Guts Guts Guts

Guts Guts Guts

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

First advice, you should play with a class who got good mobility ( thief, ele, etc... ) always better.

Then, you should understand that, when you're in a battleground, you're ONLY GOAL is not to win, but do the most glory.

Some tips :
- When you see a dead team8, go straight and rez him ASAP. 10 FREE POINTS.
- You have to know where you have to roam, and where you need to fight : The better way to get point is to win a teamfight, like kill 5 people in a teamfight, so you need to make at least 2K damage to everyone before they die, this way you can get the point. Another thing : don't stomp them, let your nooby friends in your party do this, it's a waste of time, just make damage and be sure to damage everybody around in a teamfight.
- Try to always be the one who steal ennemy base : 20 points in 15 secondes, worth it.
- Try to always kill NPC to get 25 points in the first map, avoid it in the second map ( waste of time ) and try to use the treb in the third map, it worth it.
- Another thing : if you can play with friends, the better way is to roam with 1 friend or 2. This way you can never die alone.

GL.

#7 Happiness Factory

Happiness Factory

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RVRY]
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

The glory cap is 350pts,

Max Glory cap per PvP match is set to 350. You now receive an achievement for reaching this cap in a given match. This closes an exploit that was letting players farm hundreds of glory per match by trading wins.-Update notes nov.8th

I dont do hotjoins much anymore, but when i was learning engy maybe like a day or 2 ago? people wernt constantly hitting the cap, but ill tell you how they did it though. If you do the most damage to a player while killing them on your own point... you get 25 pts. 10- from skirmisher, 10- from point defender, and 5 from killing a player. If you just sit and successfully defend a point that's being zerged (most likely mid) then u get kitten tons of points.

Edited by Happiness Factory, 06 December 2012 - 05:17 PM.

#8 UssjTrunks

UssjTrunks

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2615 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BOMB]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

They could have been exploiting the map by coordinating with each other (i.e. blue team caps, then red caps from them, and vice versa).

I've seen a thief with 700+ once that camped treb the whole game. I'll post the screen later (it's on my other computer).

Edited by UssjTrunks, 10 December 2012 - 06:49 PM.

#9 mofogie

mofogie

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:29 AM

gotta say the whole point system is definitely stupid.  It encourages farming vs objective oriented, it encourages zerging, rather than relying on individual skill or being somewhere where you're more needed.  

An easy remedy would to make winning count the most.  Make winning give 200 pts or something for the whole team.

#10 Gaaroth

Gaaroth

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:19 AM

i'm thinking: WHY people are so eager to farm points?...you earn nothing except  fashion items and titles.
You can really farm points in hot joins, where the point is learn to play and test things.
Don't mind points, just play and have fun, that's the real question!

#11 Spuck

Spuck

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

View PostGaaroth, on 11 December 2012 - 10:19 AM, said:

i'm thinking: WHY people are so eager to farm points?...you earn nothing except  fashion items and titles.
You can really farm points in hot joins, where the point is learn to play and test things.

I agree with every point you have made here. People just want a higher number to brag about, pretty sad.

#12 UssjTrunks

UssjTrunks

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2615 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BOMB]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:14 AM

View PostGaaroth, on 11 December 2012 - 10:19 AM, said:

The sexy armour is there and it's tempting.

#13 YreepYreep

YreepYreep

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:41 AM

Every free tournament win is an extra 200 points. That +pug in-between rounds.

#14 Gaaroth

Gaaroth

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:10 AM

View PostUssjTrunks, on 13 December 2012 - 01:14 AM, said:

The sexy armour is there and it's tempting.

i know..i also like that...but still i do not understand why people complain so much bout that xD

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: spvp, glory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users