5 replies to this topic

#1 vanatos

vanatos

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:01 AM

Hi guys,

I've played around with shouts heal build  (clerics gear) and greatsword dps build (knights mixed with valkyrie gear).

Since warriors have a high health pool by default, i wanted to know if there is a viable build and stacking power vit toughness.

Can you still make a decent greatsword dps build too? considering bulls charge+unsuspecting foe=50% crit, maybe stacking crit as a stat is not totally necessary...

#2 Ksielvin

Ksielvin

Vanguard Scout

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 254 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

Sure. Just get full Power/vit/toughness armor pieces, trinkets, weapons and slot Ruby jewels into the trinkets. Runes as you wish but Power primary ones are generally best for damage. (Ruby/beryl orbs are cheap and work as temp runes.) With offensive traits, good Fury uptime and consumables you can still have 40-50% crit chance and bonus crit damage when it counts. If you want to tweak the balance towards more dps and lower effective HP buffer then firstly boots/gloves/shoulders and secondly amulet/1-h weapons will be the next most effective slots to switch to Berserker or Valkyrie. (due to their crit dmg stat budget)

If you wanted spvp then the closest you can come to this is Soldier amulet with Ruby jewel. It's not optimal due to not having enough fine control over stat distribution but quite decent. And popular too.

Edit: For Unsuspecting Foe build I'd go with full Valkyrie but I'd only do it with hammer or mace. Axe with intelligence sigil in the other set perhaps.

Edited by Ksielvin, 09 December 2012 - 02:10 PM.

#3 supacc

supacc

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:51 AM

quite sure that knockdown =/= stun, so bull's charge has no synergy with the unsuspecting foe trait.

#4 Exee

Exee

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

Pvp gear is quite good especially for shouting build but lot of gearing are ok for pvp.

For mitigation, there is one golden rule :armor/hp ratio
All other tweaking of stat  is ok if you want to be more dps or tanky
Don't forget to respect the 1(armor)/10(hp) ratio for warrior if you want your toughness value to be usefull.
1 toughness= 1 vitality only when this ratio is took in account whatever the gearing you choose to focus

As an example:
3000 armor for 30010 hp will mitigate damage a lot more than 3001 armor for 30000 hp

Edited by Exee, 13 December 2012 - 01:44 PM.

#5 geala

geala

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 292 posts
  • Server:Elona Reach

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:49 AM

Exee, could you explain this ratio mechanic a bit further and perhaps link some additonal information? Sounds a bit strange to me.

For Soldier equipment (that I use as armour): it lowers your damage considerably and has for my taste not enough toughness.

#6 Foxtrott

Foxtrott

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

What runes would you use for damage? I was thinking Superior runes of rage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users