• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Getting 200-300 pts per sPVP match, playing 3-4hrs/day for 3 months, only rank 43... seriously?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Seras

Seras

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:58 AM

The rank progression is ludicrous at rank 40+, requiring 45k glory per rank, and then 75k at 49. I am usually by far the highest point getter on my team and play quite often, but I'm only rank 43. Is there an exploit to get glory faster? I've seen rank 49s and 52s and, to put that in perspective, that means the difference between me and them is probably about ranks 1 to 40, if not more. How is that possible?

#2 ArcherHenchman

ArcherHenchman

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

They play 8-12 hours a day.

#3 Gaaroth

Gaaroth

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

rank 80 is probably the most far achievement in gw2 atm, meant to be complete in...dunno..2 years for normal people

#4 Skyro

Skyro

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

Glory boosters and playing non-stop tournies with a good team for the tourney bonuses speeds it up quite a bit.

#5 Guts Guts Guts

Guts Guts Guts

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

View PostSkyro, on 06 December 2012 - 04:28 PM, said:

Glory boosters and playing non-stop tournies with a good team for the tourney bonuses speeds it up quite a bit.

Glory boost doesn't affect the rank.

Farming battleground is way better than playing tournament to win rank classement.

#6 Happiness Factory

Happiness Factory

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RVRY]
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

View PostSkyro, on 06 December 2012 - 04:28 PM, said:

Glory boosters increase glory points only for buying chests and stuff... not rank points. And yeah most if not all people who are rank 50 except jumper i think is on a solid paid tournament team and can grind out 1st place tournament chests like nobody's business.

#7 Garethh

Garethh

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1468 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

Only rank 43...
What do you expect?? Some people play the game way too much and just farm glory...

It's PvP and just for cosmetics...  its better than not that they made a nigh never ending scale, and there will always be people grinding away at it for the hell of it.

Edited by Garethh, 07 December 2012 - 01:14 AM.

#8 turbo234

turbo234

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1036 posts
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

They want it to take a long time so it's actually a feat when it's accomplished. It took 5(if I remember right) years for a pvp title to first be maxed in gw1.

#9 ArcherHenchman

ArcherHenchman

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:01 PM

View PostHappiness Factory, on 06 December 2012 - 05:21 PM, said:

Glory boosters increase glory points only for buying chests and stuff... not rank points. And yeah most if not all people who are rank 50 except jumper i think is on a solid paid tournament team and can grind out 1st place tournament chests like nobody's business.
Many of the people on tournament teams that hit r.50 early abused spvp when it was a point trading fest for 800 points a game.

Tournaments are not faster than s.pvp for rank, especially prior to the pre-game timer change and the increase in win rewards. Even then, the queue time on paids alone is enough for you to pull in 700+ rank in hotjoin.

I'd prefer if tournaments were the only feasible way to obtain large amounts of rank to give an incentive to join up, but that's just not the case atm.

#10 Dragonhead

Dragonhead

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

So what are the best ways to rank up fast in sPVP?  The best class? Would really like some tips to rank up faster =)

#11 UssjTrunks

UssjTrunks

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2615 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BOMB]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:30 AM

Some dudes were playing 15+ hours a day during the first two months.

The best way to gain experience is to actively glory farm (i.e. tag kills and cap/re-cap points). Once private servers come out, teams will be able to coordinate glory farming (i.e. one team caps a point, then the other team caps from them, and vice versa). You can still do this right now if you can find an empty server and fill it up with friends.

Best class IMO is thief. It has the highest burst in the game (meaning quick kills), it's highly mobile (meaning you can get to points quickly for capping), and it's good at escaping fights (long fights are the bane of glory farming).

However, even if you actively glory farm, you'll be hard-pressed to average more than 300 points a match. Some rounds simply end too early or the opposing team takes things seriously and defends nodes with bunkers, preventing you from accumulating points.

My favourite map for farming is Khylo because the distance between capture points is short.

Edited by UssjTrunks, 10 December 2012 - 03:41 AM.

#12 Isms

Isms

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

And what does rank 43 mean to you? This is all perspective. Reaching the max rank doesn't give you any different gameplay options, so the rank is purely there as a tell for one's experience. If someone could get level 80 by then, no one would be able to tell the difference between a 3-4 hours a day and a 10+ hours a day player.

#13 PheBelladona

PheBelladona

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

also in gw1 the phoenix and dragon ranks werent even in the game at launch, they also did double fame weekends. leeloof took years to get the first dragon.

they should focus on observer mode then we can get worried about what rank means

#14 Harrier

Harrier

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Yarr]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

View PostUssjTrunks, on 10 December 2012 - 03:30 AM, said:

Best class IMO is thief. It has the highest burst in the game (meaning quick kills), it's highly mobile (meaning you can get to points quickly for capping), and it's good at escaping fights (long fights are the bane of glory farming).

I disagree. It's more about how you play, not what you play. I can usually get top score on every class. Just need to remember that there's more to getting points than just killing/tagging enemies. Capping, decapping, ressing teammates, killing bosses, trebbing... Also, if you fight both on and outside the point, you can often get 25 points for kill (scrimsher + objective assaulter/defender). Also a lot depends on how good your teammates are. 75% of the time players on the winning team finish with twice the score people on the losing team get.

Edited by Harrier, 10 December 2012 - 06:08 PM.

#15 mofogie

mofogie

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:26 AM

if they expect that long a grind, then they better add many more maps.  I'm only rank 17, and already getting kind of bored of playing the same few over and over.

#16 Seras

Seras

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:28 AM

i'm now basically getting 250-300+ points per game before win and other bonuses. basically, I'm maxing out my points per game now -- which very few people do in even a single game -- and the progress is still numbingly slow. good god

#17 Spuck

Spuck

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

View PostSeras, on 11 December 2012 - 06:28 AM, said:

i'm now basically getting 250-300+ points per game before win and other bonuses. basically, I'm maxing out my points per game now -- which very few people do in even a single game -- and the progress is still numbingly slow. good god

So why are you bothering, if it's so boring?

Just have fun, and try to win games, not amass points. Or do you really just care about your rank and nothing else? It's not a mark of skill, just time played.

#18 Spuck

Spuck

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

View PostUssjTrunks, on 10 December 2012 - 03:30 AM, said:

If you really want to just farm like this for e-peen or whatever, dagger elementalist traited for +25% movement speed is by far the fastest class  at getting between points on the map. RtL lets you use shortcuts nobody else can.

#19 YreepYreep

YreepYreep

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:45 AM

Don't really care about my rank other than new looks ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users