Cyberhawk

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • Profession:Ranger
  • Guild Tag:[AGIS]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

has anyone else noticed a huge drop in the rate of Ectoplasms from salvaging? I was getting 8-10 for every 10 rares, but since the Dec 3 patch, I have gotten 1 for every 3 rares. I am hoping this is just a string of bad luck, but i have salvaged about 30 rares since the patch and consistently gotten a 1:3 ratio

#2 Crimsonknith

Crimsonknith

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 10 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[LP]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

It has stayed the same for me. Though I have been using a black lions salvaging kit for a while. Not sure what I'll get when I move to my Mystic Salavaging kit.

#3 Brazen_NL

Brazen_NL

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GG]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

Bad luck. At least, I haven't seen a drop in getting them, and I've been grinding them lately.

#4 Frehya

Frehya

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

Don't you think Onyxia's "Deep Breath" is happening more often?

#5 matsif

matsif

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1516 posts
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

also haven't noticed a difference

#6 Ojikes

Ojikes

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RR]
  • Server:Seafarer’s Rest

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

No difference for me.

#7 Nemroth

Nemroth

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:29 AM

I got a total of 2 ectos from ~30 rare's since Dec 3rd patch...
Might be bad luck, since I got about 1 ecto from every rare i salvaged before that patch.

#8 Damian Greenthumb

Damian Greenthumb

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:07 AM

No diff for me either.  I play the rare item lottery with the TP and still making gold. Sometimes I begin losing but usually made up with 2 or even 3 ecto salvages.

#9 Eon Lilu

Eon Lilu

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2295 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:10 AM

Im noticing alot more 1's or nothing and alot less 2-4's from each salvage.

#10 Mister Stygian

Mister Stygian

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:09 AM

Seems much lower to me.

#11 Greyhawk

Greyhawk

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:28 AM

it does seem a lot lower to me also, i normally break down 20-30 exotics each day i am not working.
and over my weekend ( tues wed) i was getting a lot less ecto, about 25-30% of my items gave 0 ecto.
which seems crazy to me at lvl 70+ exotics.

Edited by Greyhawk, 07 December 2012 - 11:29 AM.

#12 Lycrus

Lycrus

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

well..without numbers, this topic is kinda confusing. "seeming" is a weak word...

for me, there wasnt a noticable change whatsoever

#13 Louis8k8

Louis8k8

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BS]

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

I salvaged about 25 level 80 rares in a row and got 2 globs of ectoplasms. This was 2 weeks ago. I don't salvage rares anymore.

They were from dungeon and fractals.

Edited by Louis8k8, 07 December 2012 - 02:53 PM.

#14 Mister Stygian

Mister Stygian

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

I salvage about 15-20 level 80 rares a day and a couple exotics if I want to sell the rune or sigil separately, and I noticed a definite dropoff compared to ecto salvage before lost shores.   The time since then a short window and it could run of bad luck, but since the dropoff coresponds with a big update-I kind of doubt it.

I think the reduction might have even been targeted at players with huge bank accounts that would have interest in the crafting of ascended and all the levels of infusions.  Normal players wouldn't try and lowering ecto chances would be a good way to get more money out of the game as end result of infusions.

Edited by Mister Stygian, 07 December 2012 - 09:45 PM.

#15 Alleji

Alleji

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

I also noticed less ectos since after Lost Shores... figure a nerf this would explain the increased TP prices for them.

#16 Amelia

Amelia

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Server:Gunnar’s Hold

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

There's no drop for me , well at least I'm usually very lucky when salvaging, cause I profit with 2 or 3 ectos pretty often. But I'm using Black Lion Kits

#17 malevolence

malevolence

Vanguard Scout

• Community Contributors
  • 422 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LMBO]
  • Server:Underworld

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

I did notice this, salvaged about 30 rares, got around 4 ectos :(. Normally I get way more than that, and this is happening since few days ago. I always use Master Salvage Kit, so maybe the difference is with the MSK and not with the BLSK. Or is really bad luck, I don't know. Or maybe there is not a DR in salvaging that was not there before?

Edited by malevolence, 10 December 2012 - 05:39 PM.

#18 Sirius Black

Sirius Black

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

View PostMister Stygian, on 07 December 2012 - 09:43 PM, said:

I salvage about 15-20 level 80 rares a day and a couple exotics if I want to sell the rune or sigil separately, and I noticed a definite dropoff compared to ecto salvage before lost shores.
Posted Image
Quick Question, I play dungeons every day and do a lost of events and I'm lucky if I get 3 rares at at equipped with magic gear. How is it possible that you get 15-20 level 80 rares  a day?

#19 P4ndora

P4ndora

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

I used to sell my exotics and rares so I don't know about the drop rate before Lost Shores. Started the salvaging 3 days ago and got ~70 ectos so far, I don't know how much items I've salvaged, but I guess I'm pretty lucky. Most of the time I get either 1 or 2 ectos from a salvage. I get 3 ectos or nothing at all on around similar rarity. As I said I don't have the numbers (I might start writing statistics down though) but if I have to guess I would say I get 40%-40% of the time 1 or 2 ectos, 12% no ectos and 8% 3 ectos.

#20 Nabuko Darayon

Nabuko Darayon

Creative Quaggan

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

I did noticed the nerf and it's real. I guess they increased (correct me if I'm wrong) rare/exotic drops but lowered the ecto drops from them.

#21 Mister Stygian

Mister Stygian

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

View PostSirius Black, on 10 December 2012 - 05:43 PM, said:

Quick Question, I play dungeons every day and do a lost of events and I'm lucky if I get 3 rares at at equipped with magic gear. How is it possible that you get 15-20 level 80 rares  a day?

Are you sure your magic find is what you think it is?   I run mine at around 200 once my sigil kicks in on three different character where I do a daily run at 10 for two of them and one that I advance in the fractals.  I get a rare from atleast 75% of the chests I open at the end and I drop a couple, sometimes more, from enemies if harpy, dredge or grawl map pops(I drop exotics at this level of fractal as well-both from chests and from enemies).  Anyway, I don't remember the last time I finished a daily and didn't end up with 4 rares in my inventory by the end and it is probably closer to 6 on average.   I do  the daily on each of those characters and sometimes I might do more.   I also check the dragon timers when I am changing a character and will hit their chest for a freebie if a window is about to pop up.

I get far fewer rares running FotM then I used to get farming cursed shore(something that has convinced me they lowered the drop rate serverely on non veteran/champion enemies for rares-the high concentration of veterans along with chests is what makes the fractals so much better than cursed) and I salvage less ecto from the ones that I do get.  A month ago, I thought it was a bad roll when I didn't get an ecto salvaging a rare, now I feel blessed when I get one.  I had just decided to start working on legendary before the lost shore update, and with the changes they made it a much more daunting task.  It might have been easier to get a precursor but the material availability and karma farming took major hits with the update.

Edited by Mister Stygian, 10 December 2012 - 10:16 PM.

#22 Mr.Kotte

Mr.Kotte

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Soap]

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

Feels alot lower to me. I havn't gotten a single 3 ecto salvage for a good month now. I've probably salvaged well over 80 items. I should stop, but the gamble is so addictive. Gotta get dat gold man..

#23 Sirius Black

Sirius Black

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:15 PM

View PostMister Stygian, on 10 December 2012 - 10:06 PM, said:

Are you sure your magic find is what you think it is?  .....   A month ago, I thought it was a bad roll when I didn't get an ecto salvaging a rare, now I feel blessed when I get one.

Well for starters I have my armor with 4 Sup runes of the pirate and 1 traveler. I have the sigil that increases your MF when you kill an enemy, etc, etc. I guess I don't have that much good luck. As far as the ectos, Before I used to get at least 1 for each rare. And that was using the Black lion kit. Now, I dont know what to expect since I got ectos from 6 out of 10 10 recycled rares.

#24 WhirlEVic

WhirlEVic

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:53 PM

No observed difference here.  I've salvaged about twenty batches of 35 rares over the past 2 weeks and results have ranged from 22-43 ectos from 35 rares.  It sucks when you bust up 5 yellows in a row and only get elder logs and mithril,  but conversely it is fun when you hit the hat trick of three 3 ecto salvages in a row.

Edited by WhirlEVic, 11 December 2012 - 01:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users