• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bad Idea Generator

Bad Idea Generator

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:50 AM

At the moment, when you are scaled to a region, your gear scales with you exactly in its level proportional to your own.

Example: Level 40 with level 20 equipment in a level 20 area becomes level 20 with level 10 equipment.

This causes the problem of becoming weaker as you level up in an area unless you improve your gear at every level.  Personally, I like crafting a masterwork set with specific stats, and doing so for every level is impossible.

So my suggestion is that, when gear scales down, it should not effectively scale down to a level below that of the area.

That is, level 40 with level 20 equipment in level 20 area becomes level 20 with level 20 equipment.  Furthermore, that level 40 with level 25 equipment in the level 20 area would effectively end up with level 20 equipment, and that level 40's level 18 equipment would stay at level 18.

What say ye?

#2 Calebrus

Calebrus

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:03 AM

View PostBad Idea Generator, on 07 December 2012 - 12:50 AM, said:

What say ye?

I don't like it.  I think the PvE content is easy enough as it is, *especially* if you're playing in lower leveled areas.
This would make any lower level areas faceroll play, which is exactly what they were trying to avoid.  It's close enough to being faceroll now.  Making this change would solidify it.

#3 draxynnic

draxynnic

Lorebug

• Moderators
  • 7675 posts
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:17 AM

I'm not sure about that. From the suggestion, a character who's been downlevelled to, say, 30 would still be a character that's downlevelled to 30. They're just not being punished for not keeping their gear perfectly up to date, and potentially finding themselves growing weaker as they level.

Level 80 characters in all 80 exotics wouldn't be affected at all by this proposal - it'd just make things a little more reliable for characters that haven't got there yet. Besides, if someone does manage to die in one of those areas they're still up for the full repair cost, but while a level 60 in a 30 area, say, may be getting better drops than a level 30 character, they're still not getting the rewards to cover potential expenses that they would in a 60 area.

To be honest, I've actually found that in some cases, returning to a low-level zone can actually be more dangerous than remaining in a "level appropriate" zone, and that seems a little off.
Got any comments or queries about moderation in one of my spheres of responsibility? Make sure I get the message!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users