Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Silver Doubloons


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

#1 BreadBuddy

BreadBuddy

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:15 AM

When I was planning on the Gift of the Juggernaut weeks ago they were 10s. Now they're more expensive than ectos, what gives?

Also, why can't I transmogify copper doubloons into silver but silver can for gold?

Is there anywhere at all I can get these Silver Doubloons?

#2 BrettM

BrettM

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1428 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FPI]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

The game is filled with items that are too rare to be effectively farmed but are readily available on the TP because the player base as a whole is large enough to generate a significant number of any item, no matter how rare, every day. The whole setup seems designed to make it easier to just buy things from the TP, even common mats, than to grind by farming. I suppose ANet considers this an anti-grind mechanic.

As far as I know, Silver Doubloons come from chests and as a random thing from the MF. The TP is the only viable option you have for the short term, or you could just wait and see how many you find over the course of the next year or so.

#3 Tolkki

Tolkki

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

There was a post on reddit from someone who needed the doubloons for his Juggernaut, but there weren't enough doubloons on the trading post. Everyone who read his post realized that silver doubloons are worth far more because of the low supply. That is when the price started to rise.

#4 xExitium

xExitium

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:34 AM

You can try your luck on Bag of Pilfered Goods.  Drop from Bandits/Separatist around lv20~30(?).
That's the only bag which give chance of getting Silver Doubloon.

Edited by xExitium, 08 December 2012 - 01:34 AM.


#5 ATC_06

ATC_06

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:01 AM

Someone is manipulating the silver doubloons, bought lots then reposted.

#6 xExitium

xExitium

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

View PostATC_06, on 09 December 2012 - 07:01 AM, said:

Someone is manipulating the silver doubloons, bought lots then reposted.

Now we gonna sit & watch who buy them all & repost @ 1g+/ea

#7 Senatic

Senatic

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1904 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

View PostxExitium, on 09 December 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

Now we gonna sit & watch who buy them all & repost @ 1g+/ea

Wouldn't be very hard to do at all actually. Would only take about 65 gold.

#8 Dragonzz6

Dragonzz6

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 63 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:40 AM

Good idea, Did it, Thought I lost out on 70g, turns out after ~ 12 hours I made 120g. Appreciate the tip.

#9 xExitium

xExitium

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:02 AM

You mean the doubloon?  With the amount of supply & demand, some people willing to pay high. =/

#10 chullster

chullster

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 363 posts
  • Location:Blighty, the land of bad weather and plucky Brits
  • Guild Tag:[BZRK]
  • Server:Ring of Fire

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

I laughed when someone bought all those listed yesterday up to 1g, sheer impatience. Much cheaper to leave buy orders for all the purchasable legendary mats, then you avoid giving money to speculators and other fluctuations

Flipping on the TP is just one set of players screwing another out of in game cash. I'm surprised it's even allowed.

#11 Gilles VI

Gilles VI

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 3312 posts
  • Location:Belgium
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[ICE]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:41 AM

View Postchullster, on 10 December 2012 - 11:37 AM, said:


Flipping on the TP is just one set of players screwing another out of in game cash. I'm surprised it's even allowed.

1) How in hell would they control it?

2) Why would it not be allowed?? It's people buying and selling stuff! Seriously..

#12 chullster

chullster

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 363 posts
  • Location:Blighty, the land of bad weather and plucky Brits
  • Guild Tag:[BZRK]
  • Server:Ring of Fire

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

View PostGilles VI, on 10 December 2012 - 11:41 AM, said:

1) How in hell would they control it?

2) Why would it not be allowed?? It's people buying and selling stuff! Seriously..

1) I don't know/care, I'm not a game dev.

2) I'm referring to Flipping, what benefit is there for anyone other than the person doing it? Quite the oppersite for the other players.

So something detrimental to the majority of players is ok with you? Well, we're all entitled to an opinion.

#13 xExitium

xExitium

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

View Postchullster, on 10 December 2012 - 11:37 AM, said:

I laughed when someone bought all those listed yesterday up to 1g, sheer impatience. Much cheaper to leave buy orders for all the purchasable legendary mats, then you avoid giving money to speculators and other fluctuations

Flipping on the TP is just one set of players screwing another out of in game cash. I'm surprised it's even allowed.

There's no supply during that time & no one is willing to sell it for low offer on buy order, with tax too will deduce the profit.

Why not allow?  Look at reality, same thing happen all over the world.  It's a give & take relationship.

#14 chullster

chullster

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 363 posts
  • Location:Blighty, the land of bad weather and plucky Brits
  • Guild Tag:[BZRK]
  • Server:Ring of Fire

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

View PostxExitium, on 10 December 2012 - 12:41 PM, said:

Why not allow?  Look at reality, same thing happen all over the world.  It's a give & take relationship.

lmao, seriously?

because people get screwed over in real life it's ok in a game?, lets go nuts and apply that thought to other things in real life too, like ra.pe, genocide, racism................why not allowed these in game also?

The current state of the real world is ample proof humanity is a bunch of animals barely out of the trees, I play games to escape from reality, I'd rather not have them able to emulate some of the worst parts of real life, rampant greed at others expense being the one mentioned in this topic.

Edited by chullster, 10 December 2012 - 01:01 PM.


#15 Gilles VI

Gilles VI

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 3312 posts
  • Location:Belgium
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[ICE]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

View Postchullster, on 10 December 2012 - 11:51 AM, said:

1) I don't know/care, I'm not a game dev.

2) I'm referring to Flipping, what benefit is there for anyone other than the person doing it? Quite the oppersite for the other players.

So something detrimental to the majority of players is ok with you? Well, we're all entitled to an opinion.

Flipping basically is buying & selling goods. What's the harm in that?

#16 chullster

chullster

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 363 posts
  • Location:Blighty, the land of bad weather and plucky Brits
  • Guild Tag:[BZRK]
  • Server:Ring of Fire

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

View PostGilles VI, on 10 December 2012 - 03:11 PM, said:

Flipping basically is buying & selling goods. What's the harm in that?

I've already said in previous posts.

You don't see a problem with flipping, I get that. There's nothing to discuss, we have different opinions.

#17 Vysander

Vysander

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 333 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[UNS]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

View Postchullster, on 10 December 2012 - 03:20 PM, said:

I've already said in previous posts.

You don't see a problem with flipping, I get that. There's nothing to discuss, we have different opinions.

Only people who have problem with flipping are either the ones who do it wrong, or the ones who refuse to buy the flipped goods and try to cause the price to go down. Only problem with number two is there are almost always oblivious people who will pay for the flipped goods.

#18 Lunar Eclipse

Lunar Eclipse

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

Demand and supply, ppl wont pay for the inflated price if they are not willing.

#19 chullster

chullster

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 363 posts
  • Location:Blighty, the land of bad weather and plucky Brits
  • Guild Tag:[BZRK]
  • Server:Ring of Fire

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

View PostVysander, on 10 December 2012 - 04:00 PM, said:

Only people who have problem with flipping are either the ones who do it wrong, or the ones who refuse to buy the flipped goods and try to cause the price to go down. Only problem with number two is there are almost always oblivious people who will pay for the flipped goods.

I don't myself, so number one doesn't apply to me and conning the ignorant is the oldest trick in the book and why religion exists.

#20 Lunar Eclipse

Lunar Eclipse

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

View Postchullster, on 10 December 2012 - 04:34 PM, said:

I don't myself, so number one doesn't apply to me and conning the ignorant is the oldest trick in the book and why religion exists.

How is it conning? Market price is set by how much ppl are willing to pay for an item. A value of an item is set by how much YOU are willing to pay. No one forced you to buy it. When i see something that "I" think is too expensive i simply dont buy them. I dont care what the market price is, if it's to expensive for me, i wont buy it.

#21 gasp10

gasp10

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 90 posts
  • Location:Italy
  • Guild Tag:[GuN]
  • Server:Seafarer’s Rest

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

you can easy farm them from chest with pg around lvl 30-40. the LA chest drop them too.

#22 xExitium

xExitium

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:37 AM

View Postchullster, on 10 December 2012 - 12:59 PM, said:

lmao, seriously?

because people get screwed over in real life it's ok in a game?, lets go nuts and apply that thought to other things in real life too, like ra.pe, genocide, racism................why not allowed these in game also?

The current state of the real world is ample proof humanity is a bunch of animals barely out of the trees, I play games to escape from reality, I'd rather not have them able to emulate some of the worst parts of real life, rampant greed at others expense being the one mentioned in this topic.

It seem you don't get it, and here we are talking merchanting you talk about genocide etc.
Do you know what is merchanting?  Guess not.

#23 Forkrul Assail

Forkrul Assail

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 105 posts
  • Location:Norway
  • Guild Tag:[ThUn]
  • Server:Blacktide

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

If people are willing to pay, the price is fair.

And I would be interested in knowing exactly what drops these doubloons. I'm finishing completion in 20-30 zones and would love some info on what mobs I really shouldn't skip.

#24 matsif

matsif

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1516 posts
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

View PostForkrul Assail, on 12 December 2012 - 03:11 PM, said:

If people are willing to pay, the price is fair.

And I would be interested in knowing exactly what drops these doubloons. I'm finishing completion in 20-30 zones and would love some info on what mobs I really shouldn't skip.

bandits and pirates mainly, through the bags that they drop and (if there is) any chests near them.  As someone stated, running the LA pirate puzzle chest with an appropriately leveled character can get you them as well.

#25 xExitium

xExitium

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:04 AM

View PostForkrul Assail, on 12 December 2012 - 03:11 PM, said:

If people are willing to pay, the price is fair.

And I would be interested in knowing exactly what drops these doubloons. I'm finishing completion in 20-30 zones and would love some info on what mobs I really shouldn't skip.

Nothing to skip.  Really.

#26 Serris

Serris

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

View PostGilles VI, on 10 December 2012 - 11:41 AM, said:

2) Why would it not be allowed?? It's people buying and selling stuff! Seriously..

because it isn't in most countries. most laws require a company to add some kind of value to a product. while companies can fiddle around a bit with what kind of value they add, they can't simply flip things.

#27 Gilles VI

Gilles VI

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 3312 posts
  • Location:Belgium
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[ICE]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

View PostSerris, on 08 January 2013 - 10:49 AM, said:

because it isn't in most countries. most laws require a company to add some kind of value to a product. while companies can fiddle around a bit with what kind of value they add, they can't simply flip things.

That is absolutely the first thing I hear about that in all my studies..

#28 Serris

Serris

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

View PostGilles VI, on 08 January 2013 - 11:47 AM, said:

That is absolutely the first thing I hear about that in all my studies..

http://nl.wikipedia....aarde_(economie)

and before you say "well what do stores add for value?"
they count as value from service.

#29 Gilles VI

Gilles VI

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 3312 posts
  • Location:Belgium
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[ICE]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

View PostSerris, on 08 January 2013 - 11:56 AM, said:

http://nl.wikipedia....aarde_(economie)

and before you say "well what do stores add for value?"
they count as value from service.

Lol then every store adds value, in the form of stockage,distribution or service...
And I in GW2 add value in the form of making sure they don't get used.

And you should use english wiki on international boards, not dutch one. :)
And the link only states added value? I nowhere see that in some countries added value is required for enterprises to trade goods.

Edited by Gilles VI, 08 January 2013 - 12:01 PM.


#30 Serris

Serris

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

View PostGilles VI, on 08 January 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

Lol then every store adds value, in the form of stockage,distribution or service...
And I in GW2 add value in the form of making sure they don't get used.

... how is making sure something doesn't get used added value?
if you meant making sure they DO get used, how do you "make sure" that happens?




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users