• This topic is locked This topic is locked
351 replies to this topic

#121 DeLLy

DeLLy

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:57 AM

No idea why anyone would be so butt hurt about the whole situation. Obviously SoS has amazing guilds there that are capable of working together and being a tier 1 server. You obviously don't need any one guild so why make such a big deal of it? Because of internet trolls? Well then you just lost your argument right from the start.

Now a real argument would be, would SoS have ever been number 1 if PRX hadn't joined in the first place? Obviously their coordination within themselves and their allies, plus their experience of being a number 1 server who had great coordination server wide already could have pushed SoS further.

#122 PvPD00R

PvPD00R

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:37 AM

This thread is still going? PRX left, SoS has still held first. While PRX may have helped draw others to the server, it will never be known if SoS would have made #1 without PRX. Seeing how they perform now, probably.

Either way, best of luck to PRX, they are mopping up in a T2 match in EU. I think they moved more just to give their crew a break from WvW. HoD and SoS, they were always out in force, and many of the matches were close until late in the match. On the EU side, they are probably kicking back on the beach and drinking Mai Tais.

I am more interested in seeing what server they go to, should they decide to come back to NA.

#123 coronbale

coronbale

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Tsym]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:28 AM

View PostBiome, on 12 December 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

I guess you're still bitter that SoS stomped you back in tier 2... IoJ will be down there with ET and HoD long before SoS falls. If you haven't noticed SoS is stilling winning in tier 1 without PRX.
Now I'm FREEEEEEE!

free fallin, now im free free fallin

FREE FALLLIN

fallin, now im free free fallin

#124 Alaroxr

Alaroxr

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3025 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TSym]

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:57 AM

View PostSwinkySwanky, on 11 December 2012 - 10:52 PM, said:

It's pretty difficult to think that isn't true; they are the top NA guild and probably the largest still playing the game so it's obvious there was some dependency there.

Assuming your guild can have 100% of the population of a map, and have that population for 12 hours a day, your guild can only be 12.5% of the server's total efforts.

And that's assuming you can always have 100% of the people in your map being part of your guild, and assuming you can actually have that presence 12 hours a day.

-----------

Regarding PRX, by what standard are they better than every other NA guild in the game, and how do you know they are the largest?

The only standard these things are judged by are our impressions we get from forums.

Edited by Alaroxr, 13 December 2012 - 03:59 AM.

#125 PvPD00R

PvPD00R

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:46 AM

View PostAlaroxr, on 13 December 2012 - 03:57 AM, said:

-----------

Regarding PRX, by what standard are they better than every other NA guild in the game, and how do you know they are the largest?

The only standard these things are judged by are our impressions we get from forums.

Well, tbh, some folks impressions may have been formed when they were curb stomped or zerged during an engagement. Not all folks impressions are solely formed from the boards.

#126 Shiren

Shiren

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:39 AM

Honeslty, TA and PRX are given more prominence than they are due. The competition is only getting stronger, not weaker, than it was when TA was still around. WvW tactics and server organisation is becoming much more competitive than it was before, it's the natural evolution of a tactical PvP game. The best players of Starcraft when it first came out would get curb stomped by the professional players of its later years. More and more players are learning how to WvW and more and more guilds are coming into true organisation and power. TA and PRX may have been a part of the early rush to power (and laughably count one day wins as part of their record) but that's nothing compared to the ability to stand against two strong servers with guilds who understand siege tactics, placement and co-ordinated group strikes.

SoS is doing just fine without PRX so it's clear now they were never that relevant to begin with, not more so than the other guilds and militia which make the server tier 1. Coming in when the enemy logs off and golem rushing the map isn't much different from PvDoor (which is what they are doing in euro tier 2 - the last two times I checked we took three towers and a keep and I all I saw was five enemy players, EB didn't have a queue at any point - in tier 2, not even on shuffle day although I didn't check the entire day). We didn't see much PRX presence the week before they moved so I'm guessing they burnt out on the game and despite the rumours, are no longer one of the largest PvP guilds in WvW. PRX was often given shout outs on the forums for actions they supposedly made on maps they were never on. I wouldn't be surprised to see people say they got rolled by PRX in tier one this week.

It'll be interesting to see what PRX does when they get tired of PvDoor (it's funny when they call it a new challenge, I would have thought they would have had enough of that challenge when SoS full capped maps against no opponents in the lower tiers). Will they come back to tier one (and face off against SoS) or will they fade into irrelevance and leave the game/stay in PvDoor land?

Right now I'm most interested in the guilds which are able to make it to the top tiers, and stay there. Some can't handle it, lose players to attrition or willingness to compete and make up excuses then leave to protect their records. Others prove they belong there and compete their best regardless of whether they are in first place or not. The guilds that have held JQ and SBI together for the time they've been in tier one achieved a lot more than PRX ever did. It takes a lot more to be one of the best guilds in the game than to server hop, cherry picking servers for their coverage and claiming victory. One guild doesn't even come close to making a server, it's easily possible the most competitive and skilled guild is in tier 2 or 3 and it just doesn't get it's chance at the spotlight.

Currently WvW is a coverage competition, SoS has it best atm.

#127 Bina

Bina

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

@ Shiren - so you think SoS climb from number 10 to number 1 never losing a match after PRX joined as not due to PRX?  Ask the people on SoS they will tell you another story.

You want to beat PRX come to Vinzuah Square or Blacktide tomorrow and you will have your chance, if you have never played with PRX join them on Seafarer's Rest and you might be impressed playing along side them.

Actions not forum post is what makes a guild great, bring your guild and show PRX that you can stomp them in the ground.

#128 DeagarFA

DeagarFA

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

Shiren said:

Honeslty, TA and PRX are given more prominence than they are due. The competition is only getting stronger, not weaker, than it was when TA was still around.

Your argument works on an individual or small team basis, but the truth is that any of the top servers from the first month of the game would destroy the tier1 of today by pure virtue of numbers and interest in WvW. Are the tactics/strategy better overall? Yeah, but this is a coverage game.

View PostAlaroxr, on 13 December 2012 - 03:57 AM, said:

Best is a contentious word, but it's hard to argue for any other guild these days to be better than PRX. WM was pretty equivalent but they've dropped to the wayside. Virtually every big guild pre-release has either quit the game or lowered in numbers so much that they're just a medium impacting guild. Except for PRX.

As far as what standards... effect, numbers, discipline, strategy, tactics...

I've fought all the NA groups on SoS this week and even though they're winning, they're definitely a step below PRX. No offense to them.

I was surprised to find out that PRX is only one guild because they had a WvW force comparable to Ruin (3 guilds) or WM (2 guilds). I don't know what they do to motivate their players to log into WvW instead of running fractals or whatever but it works.

I went into PRX teamspeak just to see what it was like and it was remarkable. Everyone could talk but only their commanders and scouts were talking in short concise bursts. Most groups' teamspeak is a shit show xbox live channel. What's funny is that when I was in teamspeak I got an accurate account of how many people they had, but the mapchat was estimating it at 1.5x or 2x that number.

As for strategy/tactics, they always have scouts at key positions, usually have dolyak assassin's and guards when they need it, they frequently have treb artillery on their next target, they utilize mesmer bombs, golem rushes, flanking, false retreats, feints etc. Whenever we're fighting PRX and they go quiet it either means they switched maps or we're about to get *ed.

Edited by DeagarFA, 13 December 2012 - 04:00 PM.

#129 Killminusnine

Killminusnine

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

View PostDeagarFA, on 13 December 2012 - 03:59 PM, said:

I was surprised to find out that PRX is only one guild because they had a WvW force comparable to Ruin (3 guilds) or WM (2 guilds). I don't know what they do to motivate their players to log into WvW instead of running fractals or whatever but it works.

They run their guild in WvW "all-call" pretty much all of the time.

#130 Beastgate

Beastgate

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

Guild size =/= active roster.
War Machine may be 2 guilds, but they said they only have around 50 active players now.
I heard Ruin is losing a lot of players to other games.
PRX seems to be one exception to that, they just kick inactives and recruit more WvWers.

#131 Cirus

Cirus

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

[/background][/size][/font][/color]

Your argument works on an individual or small team basis, but the truth is that any of the top servers from the first month of the game would destroy the tier1 of today by pure virtue of numbers and interest in WvW. Are the tactics/strategy better overall? Yeah, but this is a coverage game.

Best is a contentious word, but it's hard to argue for any other guild these days to be better than PRX. WM was pretty equivalent but they've dropped to the wayside. Virtually every big guild pre-release has either quit the game or lowered in numbers so much that they're just a medium impacting guild. Except for PRX.

As far as what standards... effect, numbers, discipline, strategy, tactics...

I've fought all the NA groups on SoS this week and even though they're winning, they're definitely a step below PRX. No offense to them.

I went into PRX teamspeak just to see what it was like and it was remarkable. Everyone could talk but only their commanders and scouts were talking in short concise bursts. Most groups' teamspeak is a shit show xbox live channel. What's funny is that when I was in teamspeak I got an accurate account of how many people they had, but the mapchat was estimating it at 1.5x or 2x that number.

As for strategy/tactics, they always have scouts at key positions, usually have dolyak assassin's and guards when they need it, they frequently have treb artillery on their next target, they utilize mesmer bombs, golem rushes, flanking, false retreats, feints etc. Whenever we're fighting PRX and they go quiet it either means they switched maps or we're about to get *ed.

Very well said, anyone that says PRX is only about numbers have zero tactical understanding and don't have a proper grasp of WvW.

There is the argument of quality vs quantity, which is better? Well PRX were the best at both... Their level of play is at the highest quality and they also field the highest numbers to enforce it brutally. They don't need to do any PR on the forums to boast about how great they are to get a reputation, they let their actions in WvW do all the talking. This is why they are both so feared and respected by their opponents and allies.

Edited by Cirus, 13 December 2012 - 06:35 PM.

#132 RMA Paladini

RMA Paladini

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RMA]

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

Kinda funny seeing how ppl love to say PRX werent a great help to SoS...

Plus dont talk about TA, when your guild wasnt even there...
You had no idea on how much teamwork and effort we did to achieve goals, while most just bandwagoned to HoD...

Sorry but wherever PRX go, its a great help. They are way better than any SoS guild actually, not even can compare with any atm.
So stop poking their back just because they wanted to go EU server, I wish them the best as always.

At least when we were at TA, we didnt had to make NAP´s to fight at Wx3. We bite the bullet and fought even if was crazy hard damn it.
Seeing such thing happen at JQQ and SoS today, was friggin disgusting that made me think wtf going on...

Teaming to beat SBI?
Shame on that cmder that kept asking for teaming. We dont need NAP´s...
If SoS its reaching this way of solution, seriously this server its on wreck.

#133 MonsterDemon

MonsterDemon

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

Problem with that argument is flawed as well.  When I was in ET, there was hardly any guild at that time that matches the numbers Ruin can muster out.  PRX (part of TA at that time) was nowhere near the size of Ruin's zerg.  I ran with Ruin's zerg because of easy karma, gold, exp...  PRX had less than 1/4 of their size but manages to block the zerg from taking towers/forts thus forcing Ruin to move to other maps.  So that means that numbers didn't always win.  Numbers makes a huge difference, but are not a guaranteed indicators.  What impressed me at the time was the fact that being outnumber and in a dying server, PRX stick around and fought it out as best as they could.  So yes... I've followed them to SOS and left SOS when they left.  SOS is still a great server even without PRX, but it's not the same.

#134 Earendil

Earendil

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • Guild Tag:[AB]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

What they do is exactly what other people don't like. Strict discipline, kicking and recruiting (though they claim to have had the same core group for years - probably true also). Try to give people in your guild new objectives (like leaving a server when the objective there was reached). Focus on victory above anything else - the fun comes from winning.

This will attract a specific kind of player and they will like it for a while. I know most of the SBIers would not accept this system it for long - but that's a matter of personal taste. It also means they have to move often from place to place (server or games) to keep people interested and not bored.

WM is not like that. They play for the fun of the game. That's why they kinda stopped when it got repetitive and boring.

However, the real PvP quality of a guild can only be seen in GvG type matches. Like WM suggested - 20 vs 20, 1 hour match. I would put all my money on WM in that case against PrX or anyone.

#135 Bina

Bina

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

So to make sure I got this right.

VM plays for fun, PRX plays to win, both appeal to different types of people.

So these guilds faced off in this game, PRX won, but if it was real pvp VM would win, this is unbeatable logic.

Edited by Bina, 13 December 2012 - 08:23 PM.

#136 Antithesis

Antithesis

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

View PostBina, on 13 December 2012 - 08:21 PM, said:

So to make sure I got this right.

VM plays for fun, PRX plays to win, both appeal to different types of people.

So these guilds faced off in this game, PRX won, but if it was real pvp VM would win, this is unbeatable logic.

Need to learn how to read.

The comment was fixed limit / short duration gvg.  Not the current 10 WM players against who really knows how many PRX BL battles.

Having played with WM and against PRX I dont know exactly who would win. It would be a totally different game if it was small number ( say 10-20 per side ) and short duration ( 10 - 24 hrs ).

This wouldnt play into PRX strength imo but fits WM mode pretty well. PRX has excelled more tactically with superior numbers and defined roles/strategies. WM is alot more freeform zerging.

#137 Mithrull

Mithrull

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TSYM]

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:29 AM

View PostCirus, on 13 December 2012 - 06:32 PM, said:

Very well said, anyone that says PRX is only about numbers have zero tactical understanding and don't have a proper grasp of WvW.

There is the argument of quality vs quantity, which is better? Well PRX were the best at both... Their level of play is at the highest quality and they also field the highest numbers to enforce it brutally. They don't need to do any PR on the forums to boast about how great they are to get a reputation, they let their actions in WvW do all the talking. This is why they are both so feared and respected by their opponents and allies.

View PostMonsterDemon, on 13 December 2012 - 07:13 PM, said:

Problem with that argument is flawed as well.  When I was in ET, there was hardly any guild at that time that matches the numbers Ruin can muster out.  PRX (part of TA at that time) was nowhere near the size of Ruin's zerg.  I ran with Ruin's zerg because of easy karma, gold, exp...  PRX had less than 1/4 of their size but manages to block the zerg from taking towers/forts thus forcing Ruin to move to other maps.  So that means that numbers didn't always win.  Numbers makes a huge difference, but are not a guaranteed indicators.  What impressed me at the time was the fact that being outnumber and in a dying server, PRX stick around and fought it out as best as they could.  So yes... I've followed them to SOS and left SOS when they left.  SOS is still a great server even without PRX, but it's not the same.

No guild, not PRX or anyone, could stop Ruin alone with any consistency with only 1/4 their numbers matched against them unless they happen to be defending fully upgraded and sieged to the teeth keeps with every encounter OR if they aren't doing it alone. We could say that about almost every guild, not just Ruin. I would also add that I don't think this 1/4 number is even accurate. Ruin fielded bigger zergs but not THAT much bigger. But I fought Ruin many times when on HoD and when they put their numbers into something and HoD couldn't gather sufficient numbers quickly enough, they took their objective. I have never been a member of PRX but ran alongside them quite a bit on HoD and SoS and respect them immensely for how they approach WvW but let's not go telling tall tales here. TA was the backbone of HoD but that server could never have been the monster that it was without it's massive coverage and it's massive coverage could not have been achieved without LOTS non TA.

Skills are learned and honed and, everything else being equal, I'd say that as time goes on servers become stronger. But everything else isn't equal. Participation is down by not a little. There is no server now, no matter how honed their skills, that could match any of the T1 servers that we saw in the first six or so weeks after launch. SoS has pretty good coverage now but if this server could be transported back to week 3, and put in Tier 1, HoD's coverage would crush us like a bug.

Edited by Mithrull, 14 December 2012 - 04:53 AM.

#138 pot

pot

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:32 AM

View PostEarendil, on 13 December 2012 - 07:13 PM, said:

What they do is exactly what other people don't like. Strict discipline, kicking and recruiting (though they claim to have had the same core group for years - probably true also). Try to give people in your guild new objectives (like leaving a server when the objective there was reached). Focus on victory above anything else - the fun comes from winning.

This will attract a specific kind of player and they will like it for a while. I know most of the SBIers would not accept this system it for long - but that's a matter of personal taste. It also means they have to move often from place to place (server or games) to keep people interested and not bored.

WM is not like that. They play for the fun of the game. That's why they kinda stopped when it got repetitive and boring.

However, the real PvP quality of a guild can only be seen in GvG type matches. Like WM suggested - 20 vs 20, 1 hour match. I would put all my money on WM in that case against PrX or anyone.

It got boring and repetitive to WM when they started losing to SoS? WM had no problems showing up when playing against servers that couldn't beat them in coverage.

Edited by pot, 14 December 2012 - 04:37 AM.

#139 Mithrull

Mithrull

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:06 AM

I would almost suggest everyone with an interest in WvW drop by the TS for about 15 minutes or so just to get an idea of what you mean but they might not like that. : ) They don't suffer a lot of BS in their channel. When I first went to their TS it didn't take long for me to realize that that "Professionals" moniker wasn't just cool-sounding bullshit.

#140 DeagarFA

DeagarFA

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:59 AM

View PostMithrull, on 14 December 2012 - 04:29 AM, said:

No guild, not PRX or anyone, could stop Ruin alone with any consistency with only 1/4 their numbers matched against them unless they happen to be defending fully upgraded and sieged to the teeth keeps with every encounter OR if they aren't doing it alone.
The goofy thing about Ruin is that they never played well with AA/ET, so they were mostly confined to EB. Which means that at their peak they simply could get 100% coverage of EB and no more. If you looked at the queue size graphs that ArenaNet put out a bit ago you'd see that the delta between the EB queue at ET was 3-5x that of the delta of other servers.

View Postpot, on 14 December 2012 - 04:32 AM, said:

It got boring and repetitive to WM when they started losing to SoS? WM had no problems showing up when playing against servers that couldn't beat them in coverage.
Oh come on. WM fought hard on SBI from the release of the game. From when HoD was the champion to when JQQ came on strong to when SBI Was on top and now when SoS is the king of the hill. It's outrageous to state that them diminishing has anything to do with SoS winning. It absolutely has to do with the repetitive nature of WvW.

#141 Beastgate

Beastgate

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:55 AM

View Postpot, on 14 December 2012 - 04:32 AM, said:

They also had no problems showing up to get beaten by HoD every week for the first two months of the game.

#142 MonsterDemon

MonsterDemon

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:56 AM

View PostMithrull, on 14 December 2012 - 04:29 AM, said:

*snip*

Just because you didn't see or experienced the wipe, doesn't mean that it didn't happen.  It wasn't in Eternal Battlegrounds at that time.  Both servers were on their last legs.  I saw what I saw and regardless of what you said doesn't change what I have experienced.  Maybe PRX had more and that patch Anet introduced at the time created many invisibles due to so many rendering issues.  There was no denial that HOD at their prime had coverage that is still hard to match as of today.

#143 Genev

Genev

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • Server:Augury Rock

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

Huh, guess we'll have a new nr 1.
The SFR forum warriors will be ecstatic, though i do wonder if they'll still claim primetime is only when they are ahead in points.... We already made jokes last time we played against them that primetime was nighttime.
There's pretty much no RUIN players left and our morning swarm is on break, as the holidays close in, it'll prob stay that way.

Will also be nice to lose some of the bandwagoners to SFR, have fun with them.

Edited by Genev, 14 December 2012 - 12:22 PM.

#144 SwinkySwanky

SwinkySwanky

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[MH]

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

You know, it occurs to me why the vocal minority from SoS are upset at PRX's departure ... they were jealous of PRX.  Now hear me out before you get all trolly on me.    How many times did we see the B class guilds on these very forums crying about how PRX wasn't the only guild out there fighting on the winning matches and all that hoopla?   Oh so many times.   Granted, PRX wasn't the only guild out there but they are certainly an A class guild and everyone else is just the red headed step child to them and well, I can't say I would enjoy getting zero glory for my work either.  

Thing is, as we all know PRX never comes here on the forums; for all I know they never even read them but the one thing I do know is they never came looking for any words of praise that have been given them.  It's done by their actions.  We all know the saying "actions speak louder than words" and PRX certainly does that.  I think we can see which SoS guilds try to get their words to speak for their actions (or lack thereof).  And that my dear friends, is the display of jealousy over the reputation PRX has and will continue to have long past many of the current guilds on SoS.  

In the end, it seems the SoS B team can pull it out for one week but they'll never been in the same league as they were with PRX at their side until they prove they can win multiple weeks in a row.  Until then, they're just the blind pig that found an acorn today.

#145 Mithrull

Mithrull

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

View PostMonsterDemon, on 14 December 2012 - 09:56 AM, said:

Just because you didn't see or experienced the wipe, doesn't mean that it didn't happen.  It wasn't in Eternal Battlegrounds at that time.  Both servers were on their last legs.  I saw what I saw and regardless of what you said doesn't change what I have experienced.  Maybe PRX had more and that patch Anet introduced at the time created many invisibles due to so many rendering issues.  There was no denial that HOD at their prime had coverage that is still hard to match as of today.

"The wipe" sounds like a single instance which, disregarding anything else, doesn't mean much. This is why I used the word "consistency." And if it happened at the height of the rendering problems that was no small thing either. Portal bomb into a big zerg at that time and you could in fact kill much larger numbers.

#146 Bina

Bina

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

I followed PRX to SFR becuase I like to play with them.

I have not even asked to join PRX as one of their members told me if you want to PVE this guild is not for you.

I like being able to play with good people in WvW but also like to do other things in the game and do not want to be forced into WvW all the time.

They are not the best guild for me but I think they are the best WvW guild.

I would suggest if you like or dislike PRX to jump over to the EU ladder and join one of the top three severs, tonight reset and match should be a good one.

Most people on SFR think their server has no chance in Tier one, so come over and help them or come over and make sure PRX does not make it to number one again.

The same old match ups will be waiting on you on the NA ladder, come have a fun week on the EU ladder.

#147 MonsterDemon

MonsterDemon

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

View PostMithrull, on 14 December 2012 - 01:29 PM, said:

"The wipe" sounds like a single instance which, disregarding anything else, doesn't mean much. This is why I used the word "consistency." And if it happened at the height of the rendering problems that was no small thing either. Portal bomb into a big zerg at that time and you could in fact kill much larger numbers.

It's actually a few instances... And yes, I believe they used the portal bombs and at the height of the rendering problems.  My implications of their play styles and heart in WvW is what got me to respect and admire them.  They are one of the few guilds who stuck around during the fall of HOD.  They tried and tried and not give up win or lose.  They also do rez people on a more regular basis compared to a lot of other guilds I've tried running with.  There's a number of reasons why I followed them even though I'm not in their guild or affiliated in any ways...

#148 Bloodtau

Bloodtau

Sylvari Specialist

• Banned
  • 999 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:22 PM

"strong guilds" don't put you in the top tiers.
Night capping guilds do.

#149 Hennet

Hennet

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

5 pages and still going strong. Do you guys really love PRX that much?

#150 Beastgate

Beastgate

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:16 AM

Well they are arguably the most dedicated WvW guild, and this is the WvW forum...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users