Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • Guild Tag:[PUG]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

View PostDelirT56, on 18 January 2013 - 06:16 PM, said:

better than going to sos

Prettttty sure that bridge was burned ...

#303 Kelo

Kelo

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

Yes [PRX] is now sever hopping to JQ. I swear they have moved servers more than any guild in this game. I have also heard they have lost a very large portion of their overall numbers and effectiveness so probably are about as relevant as Team Legacy now anyway.

#304 Combat Medic

Combat Medic

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

View PostKelo, on 18 January 2013 - 06:48 PM, said:

Yes [PRX] is now sever hopping to JQ. I swear they have moved servers more than any guild in this game. I have also heard they have lost a very large portion of their overall numbers and effectiveness so probably are about as relevant as Team Legacy now anyway.

View PostKelo, on 18 January 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

If anything hearing about [PRX] moving to JQ greatly hurt the overall want to go to JQ. However we were not going to let that guild effect our decision.

Regardless I am very happy to be moving to JQ! With SBI's downfall the only logical conclusion was to merge with our bitter rival and our brother in arms Jade Quarry.

Weren't you also on CD Kelo?

For someone who claims to not have any relevant feelings towards PRX you sure seem to have a strong distaste for them looking back at your posts. I for one think it's a smart move for them especially with paid transfers going in since there are quite a few guilds transferring right now. It will be great competition for T1/T2.

So my advice, since you'll be fighting along side them, is to get over your hypocritical animosity for them and suck it up like an adult.

Edited by Combat Medic, 18 January 2013 - 08:05 PM.

#305 Kelo

Kelo

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

You completely misread what I said, I said PRX as a guild is irrelevant. How I feel towards that guild will always be bitter hatred which should be rather public knowledge.

I shall ignore your advice as being on the same server as them is going to be a very bitter pill to swallow and one that I do not have to take with a smile on my face. There is nothing hypocritical about anything I have said or done so you may want to edit your post again.

#306 MikeSr

MikeSr

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 287 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

View PostKelo, on 18 January 2013 - 09:41 PM, said:

You completely misread what I said, I said PRX as a guild is irrelevant. How I feel towards that guild will always be bitter hatred which should be rather public knowledge.

I shall ignore your advice as being on the same server as them is going to be a very bitter pill to swallow and one that I do not have to take with a smile on my face. There is nothing hypocritical about anything I have said or done so you may want to edit your post again.

I don't think PRX as a guild is irrelevant at all. Their numbers may have decreased, but their experience has increased. Now they have conquered both Europe and North America and will be coming back to NA with new tricks in their bag. Also I don't think none of of the hardcore WvWvW guilds are as big as they were at lauch - GW2 as whole has lost players. Having experienced players helps a lot in WvWvW, even if their numbers are few they can guide other players much better than most.  

Even is KV was running on map alone, PRX would still be a lot more relevant than the PvE guild you compared them with. I have seen PRX wipe off Team Legacy with much fewer numbers at Eredon Terrace Red Borderlands countless number of times. And if you think PRX is dying, just take a look at http://prx-guild.com...4/scope/threads

#307 Velkeri

Velkeri

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Guild Tag:[AoS]

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

arent you a nice member of our community.

#308 Killminusnine

Killminusnine

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

View PostSuper Sic, on 18 January 2013 - 10:06 PM, said:

Why PRX would want to fight alongside some people that berated them while they were on SoS beats me... lol?

They probably want to prove that they can beat their former server mates on SoS... even though it wouldn't prove much with the tidal wave of transfers changing the field in advance of the cut off.  I'm sure they're still eager to add another bullet to their e-resume.

#309 DeagarFA

DeagarFA

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

Not sure what to make of the move but it's entertaining how Kelo's ass is still sore from PRX's train.

#310 Alathon

Alathon

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

Could a mod retitle this thread to "PRX megathread" or something?  The current one is kinda out of date.

#311 Nukk

Nukk

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

View PostMikeSr, on 18 January 2013 - 09:56 PM, said:

Now they have conquered both Europe and North America

'They'? This isn't GvG. 'Conquered'? I'm on desolation and I can't say that I observed them being such a big factor during our match up this last period. Only saw the guild tag a couple of times, but then I do go to sleep at a reasonable time, normally before 3am.

#312 Combat Medic

Combat Medic

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

No one said you had to do it with a smile on your face but what is the point in harboring hatred at something or someone you seem to know very little about? As far as I understand it, members of PRX don't come to these forums flashing around their achievements, belittling their teammates, or taunting their opponents like others are so quick to do. Their reputation speaks for itself in game and any guild leader will tell you that decisions on when to move and where to move to are not easy ones but definitely necessary in a game that is declining in population. They started on HoD with TA, moved to SoS after TA disbanded, moved to EU/SFR after being a part of SoS becoming #1 in NA, and are now back on NA/JQ after being a part of EU/SFR becoming #1. Why they chose JQ is beyond me because I know at one point they were bitter enemies.

So you and I can sit here all day bantering back and forth about their decision to move but the truth of the matter is it's none of our business. They have to do what's right for them and whatever perceptions have been made have been done so through blind, ignorant, assumptions.

Frankly, I think it's great they're back in NA because this means I'll get the chance to sling a few arrows into their backs as well as take my own lumps from them. It's competition and whether or not they've come back because they want to fight against SoS or just want a new home before paid transfers start it's pretty obvious they accept the challenge where ever they go.

I wish more people had that kind of fighting spirit instead of the kind that Kelo is unecessarily throwing around but I guess you have to have the bad with the good. Sadly, I see you're not up to the challenge of finding common ground with them.

#313 Killminusnine

Killminusnine

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

View PostCombat Medic, on 18 January 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

No one said you had to do it with a smile on your face but what is the point in harboring hatred at something or someone you seem to know very little about? As far as I understand it, members of PRX don't come to these forums flashing around their achievements, belittling their teammates, or taunting their opponents like others are so quick to do. Their reputation speaks for itself in game and any guild leader will tell you that decisions on when to move and where to move to are not easy ones but definitely necessary in a game that is declining in population. They started on HoD with TA, moved to SoS after TA disbanded, moved to EU/SFR after being a part of SoS becoming #1 in NA, and are now back on NA/JQ after being a part of EU/SFR becoming #1. Why they chose JQ is beyond me because I know at one point they were bitter enemies.

Let's be honest here.  Their achievements are posted on their website and use as a recruitment tool.  There's nothing wrong with that but I'd bet that they care very deeply about their reputation and achievements--to include others interpretations of their achievements.  They are out to check boxes so that they look better.

They need to fight against SoS to erase a caveat placed on one of their achievements.  SoS didn't fail after they left so they need to beat them to prove a point.

#314 Combat Medic

Combat Medic

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

View PostKillminusnine, on 18 January 2013 - 11:00 PM, said:

Let's be honest here.  Their achievements are posted on their website and use as a recruitment tool.  There's nothing wrong with that but I'd bet that they care very deeply about their reputation and achievements--to include others interpretations of their achievements.  They are out to check boxes so that they look better.

They need to fight against SoS to erase a caveat placed on one of their achievements.  SoS didn't fail after they left so they need to beat them to prove a point.

If they did care what others thought of their achievements wouldn't they come here to defend when spoken ill of?

#315 Bottoms_Up

Bottoms_Up

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

Maybe it's all a diversion. I can't find it now, but on the official forums War Machine had a recruitment post in which someone made a comment to the effect of: wait till people find out PRX is arriving [in Kaineng] and see the tier 5 tears. Maybe it was a troll; maybe it was premature; maybe there is more than one PRX. It's just all so exciting!

#316 AngelSpark

AngelSpark

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

I have to say, it's really quite intriguing why guilds like PRX and WM seem to receive such envy and jealousy from others. WM and PRX have both received both subtle (and not so subtle) jabs from guilds like Agg, and this thread seems to be full of people upset about them.

Really, if they were egotistic in their posts and gloated then it would make sense, but WM for example have had only classt posts (barring obvious trolls), and I have never actually seen PRX post anything which would inspire such hatred.

#317 Beastgate

Beastgate

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

View PostEvilSinzGW2, on 18 January 2013 - 06:09 PM, said:

'The Professionals' moving to JQ.
Called it weeks ago. Do I get a prize?

#318 EvilSinzGW2

EvilSinzGW2

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

View PostDeagarFA, on 18 January 2013 - 10:16 PM, said:

Not sure what to make of the move but it's entertaining how Kelo's ass is still sore from PRX's train.

Some kids have long memories after getting rolled over and over

#319 Beastgate

Beastgate

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

View PostKillminusnine, on 18 January 2013 - 10:14 PM, said:

They probably want to prove that they can beat their former server mates on SoS... even though it wouldn't prove much with the tidal wave of transfers changing the field in advance of the cut off.  I'm sure they're still eager to add another bullet to their e-resume.
Well it's not gonna say much even if they win, since JQ was able beat SoS once without PRX's help.
Either way, this should make tier 1 more fun.

#320 DeagarFA

DeagarFA

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

View PostBeastgate, on 19 January 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

Well it's not gonna say much even if they win, since JQ was able beat SoS once without PRX's help.
Either way, this should make tier 1 more fun.
One thing I've learned is that there will always be board warriors who decry the victors. All one can do is achieve their victory and and not require public approval of the truth.

At least this game has a scoreboard. The absolute best server doesn't always win, but the best server that week wins every time.

#321 Killminusnine

Killminusnine

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

View PostCombat Medic, on 18 January 2013 - 11:17 PM, said:

If they did care what others thought of their achievements wouldn't they come here to defend when spoken ill of?

No, they wouldn't.  Not with tags on anyway.

Edited by Killminusnine, 19 January 2013 - 01:41 AM.

#322 EvilSinzGW2

EvilSinzGW2

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:30 AM

I swear I read the word "achievements"

#323 VDa

VDa

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Guild Tag:[...]

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

Come February will be the deciding factor of these WvWvW guilds. Let's see what happens then.

#324 chuckles79

chuckles79

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1685 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FANG]

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

View PostKelo, on 18 January 2013 - 06:48 PM, said:

you mean like you?

#325 chuckles79

chuckles79

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1685 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FANG]

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

One thing I can say, is that this PRX is not like the old PRX.  They do not roll in one group, they make poor choices tactically, and they die easier.

I don't know how it will be the rest of the week, but their biggest contribution last night was people freaking out saying "PRX INC!" when it would be 5 PRX guys and a bunch of PUGS.

I personally think they are hiding their diminished numbers that way.

#326 SwinkySwanky

SwinkySwanky

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[MH]

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

View Postchuckles79, on 19 January 2013 - 07:27 PM, said:

One thing I can say, is that this PRX is not like the old PRX.  They do not roll in one group, they make poor choices tactically, and they die easier.

I don't know how it will be the rest of the week, but their biggest contribution last night was people freaking out saying "PRX INC!" when it would be 5 PRX guys and a bunch of PUGS.

I personally think they are hiding their diminished numbers that way.

I think you are forgetting something and that is PRX is not at full force. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out, just go look at their web site as most of their members are hitting up against full server status on JQ. Seems like SoS will get their jollies for a few days until PRX is fully staffed and then I think we'll all see what they learned on their European vacation, which will have SoS singing a different tune entirely.  Sure SoS may win this match but I think it will be the last one they win for a long time with guilds like SF, PRX, and Yakisoba transferring in and getting up to full speed.

By the way, 5 PRX with some pugs sounds like one of PRX's gank teams; don't kid yourself that you're fighting full on PRX.

Edited by SwinkySwanky, 19 January 2013 - 07:48 PM.

#327 AngelSpark

AngelSpark

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

Our server has continued fighting, and despite our weekend showing almost always being quite weak, seeing ~10 PRX making such a difference on the borderlands was impressive.

Are they the best guild in the game? I wouldn't say so, especially without any real way to compare, but I still didn't see anything but classy behaviour, despite what some of the posters here might have suggested about the guild as a whole.

#328 FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 273 posts
  • Guild Tag:[AoS]

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:00 AM

Following those 5 PRX, this morning, while they ran with no PIN was fun.  WvW is an attrition game and I feel JQ has one of the healthiest Server communities.  These next few weeks will be great!

If we take a loss early this week, it will just make it easier to get PRX and others in to JQ.

#329 Ohai_Xi

Ohai_Xi

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

Its no secret they lost a lot of their core players. They even just lost another 2 of their old commanders who have moved to SoS instead of JQ. Hell i bet from the prx running nowadays i would know no more than 10 of the names from when i was in the guild before the euro jump, and a hell of a lot of the new recruits are plain terrible.
And btw yes they do come to the forums, but under anonymous names. Such as i think Hennet or something similar is actually Griffeth one of their commanders, the guy who was posting like he was a random player rallying the NA crowd to transfer "with him" and go and smush the french when the french started smacktalking on here.
As a rule though yes they cant post on forums as either their char names or the guild tag, but trust me theyre in here.

edit - and on a side note, its not just prx who have suffered depletions in strength, its most guilds across this game, so i dont know why all the attention is focused on how they are not what they used to be, as this goes for the majority of guilds.

Edited by Ohai_Xi, 20 January 2013 - 05:20 PM.

#330 Pusha

Pusha

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

View PostOhai_Xi, on 20 January 2013 - 05:07 PM, said:

Its no secret they lost a lot of their core players. They even just lost another 2 of their old commanders who have moved to SoS instead of JQ. Hell i bet from the prx running nowadays i would know no more than 10 of the names from when i was in the guild before the euro jump, and a hell of a lot of the new recruits are plain terrible.
And btw yes they do come to the forums, but under anonymous names. Such as i think Hennet or something similar is actually Griffeth one of their commanders, the guy who was posting like he was a random player rallying the NA crowd to transfer "with him" and go and smush the french when the french started smacktalking on here.
As a rule though yes they cant post on forums as either their char names or the guild tag, but trust me theyre in here.

edit - and on a side note, its not just prx who have suffered depletions in strength, its most guilds across this game, so i dont know why all the attention is focused on how they are not what they used to be, as this goes for the majority of guilds.

From your post it seems like you don't like them all too much.  If so, and you don't want attention brought to them, then let the thread die and stop talking about them and then there will be no attention brought to them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users