Kreen

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Oreo]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

View PostOhai_Xi, on 20 January 2013 - 05:07 PM, said:

Its no secret they lost a lot of their core players. They even just lost another 2 of their old commanders who have moved to SoS instead of JQ. Hell i bet from the prx running nowadays i would know no more than 10 of the names from when i was in the guild before the euro jump, and a hell of a lot of the new recruits are plain terrible.
And btw yes they do come to the forums, but under anonymous names. Such as i think Hennet or something similar is actually Griffeth one of their commanders, the guy who was posting like he was a random player rallying the NA crowd to transfer "with him" and go and smush the french when the french started smacktalking on here.
As a rule though yes they cant post on forums as either their char names or the guild tag, but trust me theyre in here.

edit - and on a side note, its not just prx who have suffered depletions in strength, its most guilds across this game, so i dont know why all the attention is focused on how they are not what they used to be, as this goes for the majority of guilds.

Wow, I sense alot of hate in you for this other guild.  Be careful of the darkside. Which server are you on by the way if you don't mind me asking. You haven't set a server tag in your profile.

#332 Ohai_Xi

Ohai_Xi

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

i dont hate them, ive got a lot of friends in the guild. just stating facts and telling people its not just prx thats been affected, its most guilds.

#333 EvilSinzGW2

EvilSinzGW2

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • Guild Tag:[PUG]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

View PostOhai_Xi, on 20 January 2013 - 05:07 PM, said:

Its no secret they lost a lot of their core players. They even just lost another 2 of their old commanders who have moved to SoS instead of JQ. Hell i bet from the prx running nowadays i would know no more than 10 of the names from when i was in the guild before the euro jump, and a hell of a lot of the new recruits are plain terrible.
And btw yes they do come to the forums, but under anonymous names. Such as i think Hennet or something similar is actually Griffeth one of their commanders, the guy who was posting like he was a random player rallying the NA crowd to transfer "with him" and go and smush the french when the french started smacktalking on here.
As a rule though yes they cant post on forums as either their char names or the guild tag, but trust me theyre in here.

edit - and on a side note, its not just prx who have suffered depletions in strength, its most guilds across this game, so i dont know why all the attention is focused on how they are not what they used to be, as this goes for the majority of guilds.

This is known by anyone with common sense.  Dealing with facts tend to make people shed tears now that this guild is on their server suddenly they can do no wrong.

#334 Kreen

Kreen

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Oreo]

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

View PostOhai_Xi, on 20 January 2013 - 07:07 PM, said:

i dont hate them, ive got a lot of friends in the guild. just stating facts and telling people its not just prx thats been affected, its most guilds.

I agree with this. Every guild has seen a loss of players active in GW2  that are hard to replace.

Edited by Kreen, 20 January 2013 - 07:27 PM.

#335 Combat Medic

Combat Medic

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

After you threw them under the bus like that I doubt you do. I'm on SoS and I do not recall any PRX commanders coming over so I'm not sure where you're getting your intel. I can tell you that fighting against them now that they're on JQ I recognize quite a few names that were there before their EU vacation. They also seemed to have improved their open field combat as they're certainly doing far more damage with far less. I shudder to think what's going to happen when they reach full capacity. I still think we (SoS) can take them but it's definitely going to be an exponentially tougher fight as we go along.

Now I am assuming that you left them before they took their trip to EU so I really question the validity of your statements. You sound like a bitter ex-member of their guild.

#336 AngelSpark

AngelSpark

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

While you say you have no enmity for them, it doesn't help that you are claiming all their new recruits are terrible - if nothing else I heard that they didnt get very many recruits in EU and were merely learning and enjoying how different it was to NA.

If anything, the PRX I have seen on JQ have been terrifying, wiping much larger numbers of SoS players, especially in open field combat. I can assure you, after playing against them, that before they left NA they were good but nothing like this - and all with a mere fraction of their guild on our server so far.

Edited by AngelSpark, 21 January 2013 - 12:44 AM.

#337 Vanu4life

Vanu4life

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 477 posts
  • Guild Tag:[URS]
  • Server:Gate of Madness

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:37 AM

View PostAngelSpark, on 21 January 2013 - 12:43 AM, said:

While you say you have no enmity for them, it doesn't help that you are claiming all their new recruits are terrible - if nothing else I heard that they didnt get very many recruits in EU and were merely learning and enjoying how different it was to NA.

Not going to comment on the quality of recruits PRX has as I've never faced them (and I simply do not care), but whoever you have been "talking to" mr. new account person doesn't know anything and you should probably stop listening to him.  PRX left around the 7th of December and their recruitment and recruitment acceptance page is public.  Just looking at the amount of recruits PRX added to their ranks in January and the last full week of December, I counted over 30 new recruits accepted before I bothered to stop counting (and most of them were in the month of January).  I didn't count the majority of December recruits which consists of an additional two pages.

#338 wyvern

wyvern

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1084 posts
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:46 AM

I know of at least oe

View PostCombat Medic, on 21 January 2013 - 12:19 AM, said:

After you threw them under the bus like that I doubt you do. I'm on SoS and I do not recall any PRX commanders coming over so I'm not sure where you're getting your intel. I can tell you that fighting against them now that they're on JQ I recognize quite a few names that were there before their EU vacation. They also seemed to have improved their open field combat as they're certainly doing far more damage with far less. I shudder to think what's going to happen when they reach full capacity. I still think we (SoS) can take them but it's definitely going to be an exponentially tougher fight as we go along.

Now I am assuming that you left them before they took their trip to EU so I really question the validity of your statements. You sound like a bitter ex-member of their guild.

I am not sure where you are getting your news from, but I can confirm that at least one of the PRX he mentioned joined TSym.

#339 Jackiepro

Jackiepro

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 260 posts
  • Guild Tag:[VoTF]

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:54 AM

View Postmrbagsy, on 30 December 2012 - 01:54 PM, said:

But i are also glad they go home so we now can sleep normal lol

Hey... look at all the sleep they are getting now that PRX left! Vizunah are such a joke, only ever won due to night presence, and will continue to only ever win due to night presence. Spies was just the icing on top of all the shenanigans.

Posted Image

Posted Image

In any case PRX was never night capping anything, when they played they were usually out numbered, I know cause I ran with them. They were great people and fun to play with, I know I certainly had a few laughs while running with Griffeth, he even invited me into his party while he was leading his guild. I had absolutely no complaints about PRX, and I am sad to see them gone, both because they are cool and because the french think they are awesome again now that they can pvd.

#340 Vanu4life

Vanu4life

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:09 AM

LOL ^

WvW should be cross realms

#341 AngelSpark

AngelSpark

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:27 AM

View PostVanu4life, on 21 January 2013 - 06:37 AM, said:

Not going to comment on the quality of recruits PRX has as I've never faced them (and I simply do not care), but whoever you have been "talking to" mr. new account person doesn't know anything and you should probably stop listening to him.  PRX left around the 7th of December and their recruitment and recruitment acceptance page is public.  Just looking at the amount of recruits PRX added to their ranks in January and the last full week of December, I counted over 30 new recruits accepted before I bothered to stop counting (and most of them were in the month of January).  I didn't count the majority of December recruits which consists of an additional two pages.

As I said, it was mostly hearsay from people talking about how the number of members in the guild roster had diminished a fair bit from their time on NA, which I extrapolated to mean less active members and less recruits to fill that gap. Again, I will reiterate that their skill level, to me, has certainly seen a marked increase from the last time I saw them on the NA servers, new recruits or not.

Personally, I think it's simply because they were given a mythic level of praise during their time SoS - no one can keep up with such exaggerated reports of themselves. I've already said that I don't think they are the best guild in the game, and until something like GvG is implemented we'll never really know. What I DO know for sure, is that they are damned impressive on the battlefield, and PRX and RG together as I saw them today were amazingly good at what they did.

#342 Vanu4life

Vanu4life

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:36 AM

I don't care about any of that.  PRX has been here since beta and they are one of the handful of guilds since that time left.  You can hate them, like them, whatever, it doesn't diminish what they accomplished much like me constantly poking fun of Freelancer doesn't diminish what he accomplished with AA (and I'm not poking fun at them atm either).

But PRX did receive a large amount of transfers since they went to EU servers, and their recruitment page is currently set to public for people to double check for themselves.

#343 Combat Medic

Combat Medic

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

View PostVanu4life, on 21 January 2013 - 07:36 AM, said:

I don't care about any of that.  PRX has been here since beta and they are one of the handful of guilds since that time left.  You can hate them, like them, whatever, it doesn't diminish what they accomplished much like me constantly poking fun of Freelancer doesn't diminish what he accomplished with AA (and I'm not poking fun at them atm either).

But PRX did receive a large amount of transfers since they went to EU servers, and their recruitment page is currently set to public for people to double check for themselves.

I see quite a few recruits from previous guilds that were part of HoD/TA such as from Ulimited and others. What am I missing since I'm pretty sure those are decent recruits?

#344 SwinkySwanky

SwinkySwanky

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[MH]

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

View PostAngelSpark, on 21 January 2013 - 12:43 AM, said:

If anything, the PRX I have seen on JQ have been terrifying, wiping much larger numbers of SoS players, especially in open field combat. I can assure you, after playing against them, that before they left NA they were good but nothing like this - and all with a mere fraction of their guild on our server so far.

This right here is so spot on!  Do they win every engagement?  Well no of course not but they are winning many that they shouldn't be and one of my guild officers told us they only have been able to transfer 1/3 of their active roster so far.  I agree with you, terrifying is the perfect word to describe this newly evolved version of PRX.  Add into that mix the glimpse of Red Guard and any time these two guilds are on together and I can see why people are hopping maps to get away from them.   If RG is any indication of what PRX faced in Europe, it is no wonder PRX are even scarier to face now because they learned how to counter the beast that is RG.

I have to admit though it is great to see what is arguably the top NA guild in game return to NA shores and I am anxious to see how they roll when they manage to get their full roster transferred to Jade Quarry.   One has to wonder, what would happen if most of their players get stuck and unable to transfer?   That would be a hard position to be in.

#345 Ohai_Xi

Ohai_Xi

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

eh, its not really PRX wiping things, its PRX + map. They never run alone, ever, period. They flash their teamspeak upon entering a map, and have as many forces with them as possible.
They are a force though thats for sure, but its not PRX its the whole map, always, but commanded by them.

#346 SwinkySwanky

SwinkySwanky

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[MH]

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

Wait so you are ragging on them for making an effort to coordinate maps an integrate themselves with their community?  Insert /eyeroll here.

#347 Vanu4life

Vanu4life

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

View PostCombat Medic, on 21 January 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

I see quite a few recruits from previous guilds that were part of HoD/TA such as from Ulimited and others. What am I missing since I'm pretty sure those are decent recruits?

Try asking the people talking about the quality of their recruits and not the person who said twice that he doesn't care and was just correcting a statement someone said about PRX not getting many recruits during their euro trip.

#348 Combat Medic

Combat Medic

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

View PostVanu4life, on 21 January 2013 - 09:00 PM, said:

Try asking the people talking about the quality of their recruits and not the person who said twice that he doesn't care and was just correcting a statement someone said about PRX not getting many recruits during their euro trip.

I guess the most sensible response here is that you cared enough to post but we know that's a slippery slope. My point was that I wasn't debating what you posted, merely quoting for posterity. Contributing in an already ridiculous thread about a single guild that has not only garnered a lot of attention from those that want to join their ranks to those that have this seething hatred for them only gives PRX publicity. I say that in its most absolute form because at this point it doesn't matter what is said. They don't come here and contribute so a lot of what we're seeing is assumed, both good and bad.

I can tell you that the EU trip apparently did them some good because we've had some tremendous fights against them since reset and they are certainly seem much more aggressive since they left.

#349 Hennet

Hennet

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:48 AM

Ohai why does it sound like you are angry?

#350 EvilSinzGW2

EvilSinzGW2

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • Guild Tag:[PUG]

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:31 AM

PRX doesn't post on these forums.  Sorry

Meanwhile, want to buy some land?

#351 Ohai_Xi

Ohai_Xi

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

View PostHennet, on 22 January 2013 - 04:48 AM, said:

Ohai why does it sound like you are angry?

What are you doing on the forums Griffeth? PRX are not allowed to post, especially commanders ;)

#352 Kattar

Kattar

Your Shoulder to Cry On

• Administrators
  • 2215 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

This has probably gone on long enough.

You are fooling yourself, user. Nothing here is what it seems. ANet is not the plucky hero, Guru is not an evil empire, and this is not the grand arena.

Questions about moderation? For the love of Balthazar ask them here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users