• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DarkGanni

DarkGanni

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

This has been on my mind for quite some time. The current system to obtain ascended gear is grind (for backpacks) and gambling the daily chest.

First I'll start with backpacks, while their prices may seem exaggerated and I truly think they are, there should be a reduction in the materials.

Now the rings:

Rings obtainable only from daily chest is a horrible idea (I know Anet admitted this mistake and are looking into it).

So since the mystic forge is a staple in GW2. ANet could either make a "Ascended Forge" level that loads after the Jade Maw level (much like how fissure of woe worked in GW1).

Or

Introduce a fractal crafting profession obtainable inside the fractal lobby.

I don't have a concept on how the accessories would be crafted but a mix of outside world materials and fractal tokens would be a start.

The recipes would require a modest time to acquire but not in a way that is an excessive grind (like the backpacks are). This would give everyone a chance to get them and WITH the stats the players want.

Suggestions? Opinions? :-)

#2 Ramiosa

Ramiosa

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

I don't really agree with add another forge.. With the ascended items and the TP, it sounds even more useless to level a crafting profession.

About make a whole new crafting job, I think it would just be better to increase the current crafting level (like 500) and make the ascended items craft-able that request another tier of materials.

#3 madmaxII

madmaxII

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

In my opinion the main problem with the rings is that the stats are random. The rings themselves are fairly common, I have yet to see a party that does a daily without getting at least one ring, so I think the chances are at least 20%. Of course you may be unlucky and get no rings for a week, but in general you should get some fairly fast when you start doing level 10 dailies.
The stats are the problematic part, though. You don't want to soulbind a carrion ring on your non-condition character, for example. It just feels idiotic to "waste" an ascended item that way as you have to throw it away once you find a ring with appropriate stats. The fractal tokens used for the infusion are also lost.

I think it would be better to have a "cheap" mystic forge recipe that allows rerolling rings. Something like an ascended ring + 3x30 fractal tokens becomes an unbound random ascended ring. If the ring had an infusion in its infusion slot, you would keep the infusion.
That way you have at least the chance to roll something you can use whenever you have done a fractal run and you aren't forced to decide whether equipping a ring that you don't need just to progress or not progressing and farming the same difficulty over and over again until you have found the stats that you need.

I'd also love to see a way to create infused versions of ascended rings by using the not-infused version without needing 250 ectos and/or t6 material.

View PostRamiosa, on 07 December 2012 - 11:08 PM, said:

About make a whole new crafting job, I think it would just be better to increase the current crafting level (like 500) and make the ascended items craft-able that request another tier of materials.

Hope that this won't be the solution. The ascended tier crafting materials are really rare and account-bound.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users