Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Leveling with crafting + crafting booster


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Kid

Kid

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:31 AM

Hello there, everyone. Since I could not find a thread that really answers my question, I decided to post a question here.

I currently have an alt that I would like to skip about last 20 levels which can be done by maxing 2 crafting professions. I remember that one of my another alts was able to gain about 7 levels (to 80) by using a crafting booster and crafting from 200-400.

What I would like to know is if it has been documented how many level a person will get through crafting if he/she maxed out 2 professions with the help of crafting booster, so I can calculate what level I should stop doing dynamic events and start crafting instead.

My reason for only maxing 2 professions is because I want to keep the remaining professions as a contingency plan in case ANET decide to increase the level cap further so I will not have to bother with the leveling by going through maps again.

Edited by Kid, 08 December 2012 - 06:31 AM.


#2 xExitium

xExitium

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

I remember it split into 4 tier.

1-100 - 1 Level
100-200 - 2level
200-300 - 3 level
300-400 - 4 level

So if 200-400, yeah 7 lvl worth exp.
Also please note that crafting booster doesn't boost character experience gain, only towards crafting.

Edited by xExitium, 08 December 2012 - 07:39 AM.


#3 matsif

matsif

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1516 posts
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:46 AM

View PostxExitium, on 08 December 2012 - 07:38 AM, said:

Also please note that crafting booster doesn't boost character experience gain, only towards crafting.

yep.  the only thing a crafting booster allows you is getting to 400 faster using less mats due to more critical crafts.  it doesn't effect actual XP gain for your levels.

and each craft will get you a max of 10 levels if you level it from 0 to 400.

#4 Kid

Kid

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:50 AM

View PostxExitium, on 08 December 2012 - 07:38 AM, said:

I remember it split into 4 tier.

1-100 - 1 Level
100-200 - 2level
200-300 - 3 level
300-400 - 4 level

So if 200-400, yeah 7 lvl worth exp.
Also please note that crafting booster doesn't boost character experience gain, only towards crafting.

It was just like that? This is weird. :huh:  

I just checked my another alt that I stopped doing dynamic events around 53 and start crafting with one of them from 85-400 and another 0-400. I managed to coax 22 levels out of crafting and ended up with level 75 (while using crafting booster for both). So I thought if I did not touch one of them earlier and started from 0-400 would yield even more levels.

Again, if it is as you have told, I stand corrected.

Edited by Kid, 08 December 2012 - 07:50 AM.


#5 Beul van Noord

Beul van Noord

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:56 AM

I think you can use the Experience Booster, for +50% experience (I think).
this should give you more character experience when you level your crafting.

I used it, but didn't test it against normal crafting. It's worth a try.

#6 xExitium

xExitium

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:58 AM

I just finish my guardian artificer with booster. (Artificer so expensive now -.-)
I did my Lv1 to 125 w/o booster, follow the guide will land on exact level or less.
With booster, overlevel crafting by 3~8 level while character experience gain didn't increase.
After maxing, only gain 10 level total so impossible to gain over than that.

Edited by xExitium, 08 December 2012 - 07:59 AM.


#7 Kid

Kid

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:06 AM

View PostxExitium, on 08 December 2012 - 07:58 AM, said:

I just finish my guardian artificer with booster. (Artificer so expensive now -.-)
I did my Lv1 to 125 w/o booster, follow the guide will land on exact level or less.
With booster, overlevel crafting by 3~8 level while character experience gain didn't increase.
After maxing, only gain 10 level total so impossible to gain over than that.

Perhaps it has something to do with discovery + booster? Because it was the only way I did it for my earlier characters (level 0-400 via discoveries of recipes).

#8 xExitium

xExitium

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:56 AM

View PostKid, on 08 December 2012 - 08:06 AM, said:

Perhaps it has something to do with discovery + booster? Because it was the only way I did it for my earlier characters (level 0-400 via discoveries of recipes).

Trust me, 1 crafting profession can only earn up to max 10 level.  Altot, I'm not very sure about the tier, but some what near that graph given.
Discovery or not doesn't makes a big different, discovery only x2 crafting experience.

#9 typographie

typographie

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1940 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LAW]

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

View PostBeul van Noord, on 08 December 2012 - 07:56 AM, said:

I think you can use the Experience Booster, for +50% experience (I think).
this should give you more character experience when you level your crafting.

If the Experience Booster's tooltip is to be trusted, it only increases XP gain from kills.

#10 Enko

Enko

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

On my first Master Crafter, I was up to lvl 26 after leveling two professions. I reached 80 after maxing 6 profs and being around 300 on the last two. The only xp my character had received was from the human tutorial and the waypoints in Divinity Reach next to the tailor station and the Black Lion Trading Post.

It's not a clean break of 10 levels per. Not sure what caused the difference.

#11 IDarko

IDarko

    Legion Commander

  • Members
  • 5486 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Dius]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:24 PM

I did the artificer guide today from 0-400 with a crafting booster. A mate of mine did the same guide at the same time without a booster (he is a new player). We both got 10 levels (old news really) but i needed less mats. I got to 28 for example while he got exactly to 25. In the end, i had 400 and he 395 so he had to make 1/2 more rare weapons or so.

#12 Enko

Enko

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

View PostIDarko, on 09 December 2012 - 10:24 PM, said:

I did the artificer guide today from 0-400 with a crafting booster. A mate of mine did the same guide at the same time without a booster (he is a new player). We both got 10 levels (old news really) but i needed less mats. I got to 28 for example while he got exactly to 25. In the end, i had 400 and he 395 so he had to make 1/2 more rare weapons or so.

Which makes sense since the crafting booster gives you a chance to get +50% to critical on crafting which gives bonus crafting experience so you would need to craft less items. Though with a crafting booster on the entire time, it should have been a bigger difference than that. Did you just follow the guide blindly or just the mechanics of it?

I'm maxing out all the professions on the rest of my characters so with a brand new character I hit level 20 after getting Armorsmithing to 325 and Leatherworking to 331. To take into account the level gained from the tutorial, I reached level 21 with Armorsmithing at 325 and Leatherworking at 354. Reached level 22 when Leatherworking hit 381.

When I max out Armor and Leather, I'll report back with what my level is.

Edit: After maxing out Armor and Leather, I am at level 25 and 80% of the way to 26.

Edited by Enko, 10 December 2012 - 12:06 AM.


#13 Kid

Kid

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:36 AM

View PostxExitium, on 08 December 2012 - 09:56 AM, said:

Trust me, 1 crafting profession can only earn up to max 10 level.  Altot, I'm not very sure about the tier, but some what near that graph given.
Discovery or not doesn't makes a big different, discovery only x2 crafting experience.

I did maxing 2 crafting professions yesterday, and yes, they only yielded 20 levels with 1 bar of exp for me in total (from 60-80). Therefore, I stand corrected on this one.

View PostEnko, on 09 December 2012 - 10:19 PM, said:

On my first Master Crafter, I was up to lvl 26 after leveling two professions. I reached 80 after maxing 6 profs and being around 300 on the last two. The only xp my character had received was from the human tutorial and the waypoints in Divinity Reach next to the tailor station and the Black Lion Trading Post.

It's not a clean break of 10 levels per. Not sure what caused the difference.

I think I saw your post somewhere about getting 80 with just crafting, was it the one you did with a necromancer? If it only take 6 profession to go to 80 levels, then it may be something worth looking into.

All in all, if anything, could the artisan bonus we all get from WvW favor (especially with more stacking) be influencing in the amount of exp we get from crafting, as well? If it is, then it may explain why I could not replicate the same amount of levels I gained before (22 levels from 53-75) as my server is pretty much almost at the bottom of the ranks as of now.

Another possibility is that crafting will give us more levels for us if we do it during low levels, maybe I will give it a try as I still have another slot for a character.

Edited by Kid, 10 December 2012 - 03:38 AM.


#14 Enko

Enko

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:29 AM

View PostKid, on 10 December 2012 - 03:36 AM, said:

I think I saw your post somewhere about getting 80 with just crafting, was it the one you did with a necromancer? If it only take 6 profession to go to 80 levels, then it may be something worth looking into.

All in all, if anything, could the artisan bonus we all get from WvW favor (especially with more stacking) be influencing in the amount of exp we get from crafting, as well? If it is, then it may explain why I could not replicate the same amount of levels I gained before (22 levels from 53-75) as my server is pretty much almost at the bottom of the ranks as of now.

Another possibility is that crafting will give us more levels for us if we do it during low levels, maybe I will give it a try as I still have another slot for a character.

It took 6 profs maxed with the last 2 in the 300s so almost all 8.

The WvW bonus is extra chance to crit so same as the crafting booster. It only gives crafting xp.

I'm leveling up 5 more characters with crafting though only one of those hasn't done any fighting since its brand new. The other 4 were used during Halloween and the Lost Shores event so they have xp from other sources. I'll keep track of how many levels I get after each profession is maxed.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users