#1 Sovelin

Sovelin

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LIVE]
  • Server:Gate of Madness

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:44 AM

My guardian is my main character, and I love him for PvE as well as WvW. The more players that are around me, the better I am (thanks the EM and AH). But I'm wondering if I were going to go 1v1, how would I fair?

What would be a good build if you are planning on 1v1 against an unknown profession (not just holding off until someone else arrives, but actually trying to take the other person down).

Edit: This is the build I had in mind, haven't tested viability.
http://gw2skills.net...WuskZtKYUwWkpAA

I think it would work just fine against a melee opponent, with Mace/Shield as main and Sword/Shield for burst/gap closing. Not sure how well it would work against ranged, though.

Edited by Sovelin, 10 December 2012 - 05:25 AM.

#2 Anzuri

Anzuri

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 309 posts
  • Guild Tag:[HIRE]
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

Greatswords will give you good mobility and dps for 1v1s. Check out Das Mdk's video in the thread below this

#3 MorangoTango

MorangoTango

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

I know this will sound very "clichĂȘ", but guardians are very versatile when it comes to playstyle. I used to doubt it, but when i started to test out some builds, i realized that it can either play a great dps (not as good as warriors, but with decent criticals) or a bunker tanker.

Answering your question : Yes, guardians are very good on 1v1, no matter which profession you are facing. Even tho there are some harder classes like Rangers, you will have a arsenal of choices to pick against each class.

At the moment, i am using a very fun build, that have constant damage flow and is capable of very good criticals (over 3.5k criticals using Zealot's defense if it crits).
I've played some bunker builds aswell like Staff + Hammer but using Critical Based atacks, i was able to crit over 6k with the hammer leap skill after charging Staff's number 4 skill. It was brutal but a little glass cannon to me.

This is the build i am using at the moment for sPvP and Tournaments : http://en.gw2skills....Nuak1soYQxmgJBA

Just to help you out :
. Monk's Focus : Heals you for about 2.3k for each meditation you use
. Both meditations (+Signet Passive) makes you almost imune to conditions
. Voice of Purity can really turn the table against condition based necromancers
. Instant meditations are awesome
. Use your scepter for ranged atacks and kiting. Imobilize is very usefull when used after smite (yes, after, not before)
. For finishing up Use Focus 5 skill, change to sword and them, Teleport and use Zealot Defense for heavy burst on them
. This can be played very defensively due to Stand your Ground Utilty (Retaliation + Stun Imunitty vs warriors and Thiefs is very useful)

Thats what i can say, feel free to PM me if you have some questions, i might not be the best, but i'm not a noob :D

First Post o/ !

#4 Agiond

Agiond

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

If you wanna be a team suport and then try to do 1v1 you'll have a very hard time. BUT, builds like what Morango posted are godlike on 1v1. That's called the "meditations build", wich each meditation heals you for 2000 (1950 to be precise). That let's you wear offensive gear and weapons so you deal a lot of damage while being hard to kill thanks to all those selfhealings.

#5 Sovelin

Sovelin

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LIVE]
  • Server:Gate of Madness

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

Thanks for the tips. I'm going to test out the meditation build and see how well it works out.

#6 JaxSilven

JaxSilven

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Guild Tag:[nD]
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

http://www.guildwars...nd-tournaments/

I made a guide on that a while ago, also don't underestimate GS/Hammer or just your standard bunker, because they fair very very well too!

#7 stenwolf

stenwolf

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

View PostMorangoTango, on 10 December 2012 - 12:32 PM, said:

I know this will sound very "clichĂȘ", but guardians are very versatile when it comes to playstyle. I used to doubt it, but when i started to test out some builds, i realized that it can either play a great dps (not as good as warriors, but with decent criticals) or a bunker tanker.

Answering your question : Yes, guardians are very good on 1v1, no matter which profession you are facing. Even tho there are some harder classes like Rangers, you will have a arsenal of choices to pick against each class.

At the moment, i am using a very fun build, that have constant damage flow and is capable of very good criticals (over 3.5k criticals using Zealot's defense if it crits).
I've played some bunker builds aswell like Staff + Hammer but using Critical Based atacks, i was able to crit over 6k with the hammer leap skill after charging Staff's number 4 skill. It was brutal but a little glass cannon to me.

This is the build i am using at the moment for sPvP and Tournaments : http://en.gw2skills....Nuak1soYQxmgJBA

Just to help you out :
. Monk's Focus : Heals you for about 2.3k for each meditation you use
. Both meditations (+Signet Passive) makes you almost imune to conditions
. Voice of Purity can really turn the table against condition based necromancers
. Instant meditations are awesome
. Use your scepter for ranged atacks and kiting. Imobilize is very usefull when used after smite (yes, after, not before)
. For finishing up Use Focus 5 skill, change to sword and them, Teleport and use Zealot Defense for heavy burst on them
. This can be played very defensively due to Stand your Ground Utilty (Retaliation + Stun Imunitty vs warriors and Thiefs is very useful)

Thats what i can say, feel free to PM me if you have some questions, i might not be the best, but i'm not a noob :D

First Post o/ !

Do you mind posting a video please? Im trying out this build but I cant utilize all of these skills

#8 JaxSilven

JaxSilven

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Guild Tag:[nD]
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:02 AM

View Poststenwolf, on 15 December 2012 - 07:33 PM, said:

Do you mind posting a video please? Im trying out this build but I cant utilize all of these skills

I did up above.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users