• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Anyone use Elixir gun kit just for Super Elixir?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 doooknoookem

doooknoookem

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:00 AM

The only reason I run Elixir Gun is for the Super Elixir skill. It's a shame really. The kit is so incoherent compared to the other kits (even tool kit's abilities make more sense as a package). Let's hope we see some adjustments to some of the abilities.

#2 draxynnic

draxynnic

Lorebug

• Moderators
  • 7615 posts
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:17 AM

Actually, I quite like the whole kit. #1 is superior to Pistol 1, at least at the level at which I play*, and Fumigate is competitive with Poison Dart Volley. #2 and #4 are both effective kiting tools.

*My engineer is level 46, and thus likely not as affected by the lack of weapon attributes/sigils as level 80s.

Edited by draxynnic, 10 December 2012 - 05:20 AM.

Got any comments or queries about moderation in one of my spheres of responsibility? Make sure I get the message!

#3 Stairway

Stairway

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:19 AM

kit refinement gives an extra super elixir giving 100% up time, fumigate removes up to 5 conditions on a short cd, and the first skill is perma weakness. elixir gun + kit refinement gives tons of utility to any engy build for a small investment.. how could anyone complain about this?

#4 FoxBat

FoxBat

Vigil Crusader

• Members
  • 3929 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

Super elixer is a million times better than the rest of the bar, it's true. But you have the other skills anyway so you might as well use them where appropriate. Acid blast to get in our out fast, weakness spam on tough bosses, and ridiculous condi removal if you have a team you care about. Even if you spend most of your time DPSing, it's still nice to have those emergency cards.

#5 Desert Rose

Desert Rose

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:24 AM

Super Elixir will most likely be nerfed soon.
The tool tip states that the impact heals for 380 and each pulse is supposed to heal for 140; however each pulse heals for as much as the initial impact heal. That will most likely be fixed soon which will reduce the amount Super Elixir heals for to less than half its current value.

#6 coglin

coglin

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1402 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[MoG]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:54 AM

View PostDesert Rose, on 10 December 2012 - 08:24 AM, said:

Super Elixir will most likely be nerfed soon.
The tool tip states that the impact heals for 380 and each pulse is supposed to heal for 140; however each pulse heals for as much as the initial impact heal. That will most likely be fixed soon which will reduce the amount Super Elixir heals for to less than half its current value.
It had always been similar to how you describe it until a very recent update, previously it acted as you mentioned. Now it simply does the impact heal rate on all heal tics.

Edited by coglin, 10 December 2012 - 09:56 AM.

#7 draxynnic

draxynnic

Lorebug

• Moderators
  • 7615 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:44 AM

That raises the question of 'bug or feature', though.
Got any comments or queries about moderation in one of my spheres of responsibility? Make sure I get the message!

#8 Mr Shrimp

Mr Shrimp

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

I wouldn't consider that a big nerf anyways. Any source of healing that tics alongside regen boon is nice. Plus maybe the tooltip is just wrong? It doesn't mention that super elixir heals one condition on impact either last time I checked.

For non super elixir uses: I use fumigate to heal conditions when super elixir is down. Also sometimes I play a power/prec build and put in EG just for the dungeon support I'll use the #4 ability which does a suprisingly decent amount of direct damage. I know EG isn't really all that good for damage, but I figure one utility slot loss of dps is worth it for the huge amount of team support available that I don't even have to trait for to be effective. Although... kit refinement is nice if you do want to trait a bit towards that ;)

View Postdraxynnic, on 10 December 2012 - 05:17 AM, said:

Actually, I quite like the whole kit. #1 is superior to Pistol 1, at least at the level at which I play*, and Fumigate is competitive with Poison Dart Volley. #2 and #4 are both effective kiting tools.

*My engineer is level 46, and thus likely not as affected by the lack of weapon attributes/sigils as level 80s.

For me I think fumigate does about half or less the damage of poison dart volley. I think its good in a group since it adds vulnerability though, or ~+5% damage briefly for everybody else in other words. Plus cure condtions like I said already. But yeah... imo when you're trying to kill things pistol wins, if you're trying to do anything in a group EG wins.

And not just because of Super Elixir :P

#9 ZCKS

ZCKS

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1348 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TG]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:28 PM

I use it with kit refinement & yes I must admit super elixer is probably one of the best abilities on it.

That being said the other abilities on elixer gun aren't worthless.

the #1 skill is a spammable weakness & bleed which can help keep you or allies alive by greatly reducing enemy damage output.
the #2 is a cripple & weakness bouncing attack which again helps keep your or allies alive by allowing you toi kite enemies.
the #3 is great for the condition removal & weakness it provides.

so overal its a great kit especially for supporrt but if you want to kill something go with something else.

#10 draxynnic

draxynnic

Lorebug

• Moderators
  • 7615 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:39 PM

View PostMr Shrimp, on 10 December 2012 - 08:14 PM, said:

For me I think fumigate does about half or less the damage of poison dart volley. I think its good in a group since it adds vulnerability though, or ~+5% damage briefly for everybody else in other words. Plus cure condtions like I said already. But yeah... imo when you're trying to kill things pistol wins, if you're trying to do anything in a group EG wins.

And not just because of Super Elixir :P
Which is part of the reason I said 'competitive'. The two aren't exactly the same (obviously) - there are situations where one is better and situations where the other is better. And the Coated Bullets trait probably pumps up pistols a lot - it's just a trait I haven't had the opportunity to try yet. :P

Against a single target, though, Tranquiliser Dart is objectively better than Explosive Shot unless the loss of stats and sigils makes up the difference (and that's apparently something they're working on).

Edited by draxynnic, 10 December 2012 - 11:42 PM.

#11 Calebrus

Calebrus

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:20 AM

View Postdraxynnic, on 10 December 2012 - 11:39 PM, said:

Which is part of the reason I said 'competitive'. The two aren't exactly the same (obviously) - there are situations where one is better and situations where the other is better. And the Coated Bullets trait probably pumps up pistols a lot - it's just a trait I haven't had the opportunity to try yet. :P

Against a single target, though, Tranquiliser Dart is objectively better than Explosive Shot unless the loss of stats and sigils makes up the difference (and that's apparently something they're working on).
I run a hybrid support/crit/condition build of 0/30/0/20/20
I have Kit Refinement, and EGun never leaves my bar.  Never.
I also have Coated Bullets, and I personally feel that it's almost as big of a game changer as Grenadier.  It's that good.

I completely agree about EGun being better for single targets and in a group scene.  The thing that makes CB shine is the same thing that makes it less useful at times.  When you want to focus on a single target, pistol shots with CB draws aggro from neighboring mobs.  I'm better off using EGun in these times.  The single target damage is comparable, while also offering the support and mitigation that you probably need if you're focusing on a single target.

#12 ZCKS

ZCKS

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1348 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:38 PM

View PostCalebrus, on 11 December 2012 - 05:20 AM, said:

I run a hybrid support/crit/condition build of 0/30/0/20/20

Kind of like the build I use.

My build is 10, 30, 0, 20, 10. http://gw2skills.net...sF;TQAmiEFNsYSB
For major traits I grab Incendiary powder, precise sights, rifled barrels, juggernaught, fast acting elixers, cleaning formula & kit refinement.

People really underestimate the flame thrower, with the rights traits it is very powerful & the cone attack it does is much wider then the graphic shows,

Also if you use food that gives + precision & stealth health on crit you can siphon massive amounts of health from enemies with the flame thrower. (I can usually get it to siphon around 350+ health per proc and it tends to proc every second or so.)

Edited by ZCKS, 11 December 2012 - 12:38 PM.

#13 lalangamena

lalangamena

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:53 PM

elixir gun traited for range and damage is almost the perfect weapon.

F: good belt heal

1- spam weakness and bleed
2- if the mob come close, cripple it and run away fast
3-AOE and condition removal- on 9-1/2 sec CD.
4-another escape.
5-awesome light field with AOE heal

IMHO 30/20/0/20/0 build with grenades, bombs and elixir gun, covers all the possible encounters in game.

#14 Calebrus

Calebrus

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

View PostZCKS, on 11 December 2012 - 12:38 PM, said:

Kind of like the build I use.

My build is 10, 30, 0, 20, 10. http://gw2skills.net...sF;TQAmiEFNsYSB

Quite different, actually.
http://gw2skills.net...jB;TQAmiEFNsYSB
I sometimes swap to Form409 when I know conditions will be rampant, but that's more for the support aspect rather than myself as I already have two on 20s CDs and one on a 15s CD, as well as group removal on both 20s CDs and EGun3, and movement hampering conditions are dealt with separately via RBoots if off timer.  That's in addition to projectiles (which we have a'plenty) through a light field (which we can have permanently).  Unless conditions will be absolutely ridiculous, it's enough. Form 409 is overkill in this regard usually.
The last two utility slots change as the situation changes, but if I don't know what's coming this is generally what's on my bar.

You 're also missing a stun breaker.  RBoots is one of my favorite utility skills.  So much versatility, which is what we're all about right?

Edited by Calebrus, 11 December 2012 - 01:20 PM.

#15 ZCKS

ZCKS

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1348 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

View PostCalebrus, on 11 December 2012 - 12:56 PM, said:

Snip

Eh thats just5 my general build. for dungeons.

Depending on the fightI  I may swap out either the cleaning formula trait for elixer S at 25% health or juggernaught for coated bullets * grab either elixer r or elixer s.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users