Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Teleporting Guild of Champion Farmers


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 beadnbutter32

beadnbutter32

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 618 posts
  • Location:Highway 61 Central US
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

Just when you thought the bots were gone, something much worse has arrived.  The latest is a zerg of players/bots that teleport around Tyria in time to a schedule of champion spawns.

Witnessed just last night in Mount Maelstrom, a zerg of characters, some with guild tags after their names, could be seen albiet very briefly as they teleport in, right on top of various champions just as the champions spawn, kill the beast, and then meep out to their next stop.

I don't recall  bots in the past sporting guild memberships, so I wonder if these were bots or real players exploiting the new widely know teleportation hack.

It is said that this teleportation hack is entirely client side and there is nothing Anet can do about.

But why champions?  Is this about farming karma?  I just don't get it.

#2 d_fens

d_fens

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 179 posts
  • Location:Rzeszow, Poland
  • Guild Tag:[WAR]
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:55 PM

View Postbeadnbutter32, on 10 December 2012 - 12:36 PM, said:

Just when you thought the bots were gone, something much worse has arrived.  The latest is a zerg of players/bots that teleport around Tyria in time to a schedule of champion spawns.

Witnessed just last night in Mount Maelstrom, a zerg of characters, some with guild tags after their names, could be seen albiet very briefly as they teleport in, right on top of various champions just as the champions spawn, kill the beast, and then meep out to their next stop.

I don't recall  bots in the past sporting guild memberships, so I wonder if these were bots or real players exploiting the new widely know teleportation hack.

It is said that this teleportation hack is entirely client side and there is nothing Anet can do about.

But why champions?  Is this about farming karma?  I just don't get it.

Those with guild tags are most likely stolen accounts. THey move way too fast to click-to-report them :/

#3 sty0pa

sty0pa

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

Not sure how it's impossible to stop them.
Every toon is located in space with x, y, z coords.
If they move more than 1200 (the max 'teleport-style' movement, I guess?) in (whatever the cooldown is, in seconds) while not using a waypoint, their account is simply locked for hacking.  Doesn't seem like rocket science?

#4 Thanatos

Thanatos

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 72 posts
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

I can confirm this phenomena. Seen the same kind of zerg botters in Orr 2 days ago. Struck me and my guild, when I told them about it, as odd.

Could be seen as the next evolution/step in the never ending war between Arenanet and the gold sellers.

#5 Senatic

Senatic

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1913 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

Something is definately going on with bots recently. Just check the Tier 6 materials.

Edited by Senatic, 10 December 2012 - 03:10 PM.


#6 Jason Seven

Jason Seven

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 118 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

View Postbeadnbutter32, on 10 December 2012 - 12:36 PM, said:

But why champions?  Is this about farming karma?  I just don't get it.
Let me shed a bit of light on this matter. Not karma, no, but drops. Champions have a much higher chance of dropping higher quality items than normal enemies do. Each map has several of these champions so you can kill each of them in a row with almost no wasted time waiting for them to respawn. It's very obvious, though, so the ones you see doing this are mostly hacked accounts of gold farmers.

Edited by Jason Seven, 10 December 2012 - 07:41 PM.


#7 ToySoldier

ToySoldier

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

Wow... now I know I'm a naive player!  :o

#8 Krazzar

Krazzar

    Legend of the Norn

  • Members
  • 7990 posts
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

View Poststy0pa, on 10 December 2012 - 01:26 PM, said:

Not sure how it's impossible to stop them.
Every toon is located in space with x, y, z coords.
If they move more than 1200 (the max 'teleport-style' movement, I guess?) in (whatever the cooldown is, in seconds) while not using a waypoint, their account is simply locked for hacking.  Doesn't seem like rocket science?

It's not that they are moving incredibly fast, they choke their internet connection's upload speed so the server can't update their information quick enough so they "teleport" around when they actually have normal movement according to the server. If you haven't witnessed it firthand the character in question usually is not visible the majority of the time, they are hard to target and thus report because of this.  For Anet it just appears as someone with poor internet connection, hardly a bannable offense, and even if they do manage to get a report and ban the account the botters just steal another account.

Edited by Krazzar, 10 December 2012 - 08:08 PM.


#9 Alleji

Alleji

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 334 posts
  • Location:Outland

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

View PostSenatic, on 10 December 2012 - 03:10 PM, said:

Something is definately going on with bots recently. Just check the Tier 6 materials.
I guess soon will be the time to invest into t6 mats!

#10 Leyana

Leyana

    Breezing through life

  • Moderators
  • 4602 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

Cases of bots or hacks should be reported directly to ANet and left at that. We are in no position to decide who is guilty.

Thanks




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users