Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
* * * * * 1 votes

Coming Soon To WvW


  • Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 Gerroh

Gerroh

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 572 posts
  • Location:Ontario, Canada
  • Profession:Necromancer
  • Guild Tag:[Nope]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

View PostRytlock Bigpaw, on 10 December 2012 - 09:38 PM, said:

I use and abuse alt+f4 cause elementalist is so broken. Now i will have just to jump from a cliff... or level my warrior asap and play OP class, hard choices

No it's not. Even if it were, you should suck it up and take the penalty of death. You chose to enter WvW and need to face the (extremely minor, so minor it blows my mind people actually get upset about it) consequences.

#32 Rytlock Bigpaw

Rytlock Bigpaw

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 613 posts
  • Location:Portugal/Almada
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

View PostGerroh, on 11 December 2012 - 04:34 PM, said:

No it's not. Even if it were, you should suck it up and take the penalty of death. You chose to enter WvW and need to face the (extremely minor, so minor it blows my mind people actually get upset about it) consequences.

U and whoever quoted my sentence never played with an elementalist!

#33 Gerroh

Gerroh

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 572 posts
  • Location:Ontario, Canada
  • Profession:Necromancer
  • Guild Tag:[Nope]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:36 PM

View PostRytlock Bigpaw, on 11 December 2012 - 09:37 PM, said:

U and whoever quoted my sentence never played with an elementalist!

I have a level 80 elementalist with full exotics, and I have seen elementalists do stupid amounts of damage while being ridiculously hard to kill. So I think it's just you.

#34 BnJ

BnJ

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 193 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[MARK]
  • Server:Darkhaven

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

View PostRytlock Bigpaw, on 11 December 2012 - 09:37 PM, said:

U and whoever quoted my sentence never played with an elementalist!

Good bunker elementalists are next to impossible to kill.

I don't think the profession is the problem here.

#35 fatrodmc

fatrodmc

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 98 posts
  • Guild Tag:[uA]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

View PostShroomhead Fred, on 11 December 2012 - 10:47 PM, said:

Good bunker elementalists are next to impossible to kill.

I don't think the profession is the problem here.

Agreed, I faced an ele the other day who was exceptionally hard to kill. Even when we had him greatly outnumbered.

#36 Nadia Roark

Nadia Roark

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

View PostBriar, on 10 December 2012 - 08:47 PM, said:

What? alt+f4 is cheating? I thought I was making up for a feature that was mistakenly left out of the game. Denying perma-stealth thief's badges of honor... Because you know killing someone while invisible is honorable

I guess instead of alt-f4ing people will just /sit now

It is almost pointless to fight a thief unless he is under 80 or bad.

#37 Redhawk2007

Redhawk2007

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:48 PM

Get rid of the idiotic death penalties and invisible armies and you get rid of some of the motivation for using Alt + F4 to escape. People get fed up with paying for poor game design in a boring zergfest.

#38 asbasb

asbasb

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

Didn't they want to make ascended gear available for WvW? I guess it can wait for January.

#39 Lordkrall

Lordkrall

    Legion Commander

  • Members
  • 5370 posts
  • Location:Sweden
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

View Postasbasb, on 14 December 2012 - 08:22 PM, said:

Didn't they want to make ascended gear available for WvW? I guess it can wait for January.

Highly doubtful they would add it to WvW without making it available outside of FotM at the same time.

#40 asbasb

asbasb

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

View PostLordkrall, on 14 December 2012 - 08:24 PM, said:

Highly doubtful they would add it to WvW without making it available outside of FotM at the same time.

Hmm, I just thought it would be a more pressing manner to give everyone in WvW the same opportunity whether they like PvE or not, but I can see that developing a gear release for WvW only would be a bit of a resource waste if you didn't work it in with the world PvE acquisition.

#41 ilr

ilr

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2726 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

View Postjirayasan, on 10 December 2012 - 08:14 PM, said:

Nice new update, doesn't solve all the problems though. Have to wait for January and February.

Being "Pushed Back" Is the single biggest problem with WvW.  Every week WvW emptied on 1 of 2 sides entirely because "falling behind" also meant GG.  Rewards and Grind and some B.S. about the Metas or whatever the Tryhards rag on about these days are only secondary concerns to the big Glowing Elephant in the corner which is "Would I still find this part of the game fun if I wasn't getting any rewards at all for it?".  Before the Skinner Box models and the Achievement Whoring took over Xbox and PcGaming we used to have these things called private servers and matchmaking & Classic Battlenet where everyone came together for years just to play together to be with other people while gaming.  Maybe some games were decided by a "zerg rush" or Huntress Rush, or a Rocket spam Push... but the potential amount of force on both sides was even until someone got disconnected.

Now they're adding new Dynamic Event/Content which is something almost everyone has been crying non-stop to get more of in WvW... and on top of that it tries to rally the demoralized rabble back together and (albeit it through welfare) attempts to multiply their force to put it on par with the Zerg who pushed them out.  ...and you just dismiss it b/c it doesn't solve "Every Problem"?  You should probably uninstall then (like I did) since nothing they do will ever solve every problem.   Meanwhile I may just reinstall if this fixes the biggest problem (participation) ...esp since I can't get any of the latest F2P games that came out lately to run at more than 10FPS in firefights but GW2 was atleast playable thanks to all the overly aggressive Serverside Culling these spoiled tryhards keep QQ'ing about.

Edited by ilr, 14 December 2012 - 11:00 PM.


#42 jirayasan

jirayasan

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 764 posts
  • Location:Sweden

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

View Postilr, on 14 December 2012 - 10:54 PM, said:

Being "Pushed Back" Is the single biggest problem with WvW.  Every week WvW emptied on 1 of 2 sides entirely because "falling behind" also meant GG.  Rewards and Grind and some B.S. about the Metas or whatever the Tryhards rag on about these days are only secondary concerns to the big Glowing Elephant in the corner which is "Would I still find this part of the game fun if I wasn't getting any rewards at all for it?".  Before the Skinner Box models and the Achievement Whoring took over Xbox and PcGaming we used to have these things called private servers and matchmaking & Classic Battlenet where everyone came together for years just to play together to be with other people while gaming.  Maybe some games were decided by a "zerg rush" or Huntress Rush, or a Rocket spam Push... but the potential amount of force on both sides was even until someone got disconnected.

Now they're adding new Dynamic Event/Content which is something almost everyone has been crying non-stop to get more of in WvW... and on top of that it tries to rally the demoralized rabble back together and (albeit it through welfare) attempts to multiply their force to put it on par with the Zerg who pushed them out.  ...and you just dismiss it b/c it doesn't solve "Every Problem"?  You should probably uninstall then (like I did) since nothing they do will ever solve every problem.   Meanwhile I may just reinstall if this fixes the biggest problem (participation) ...esp since I can't get any of the latest F2P games that came out lately to run at more than 10FPS in firefights but GW2 was atleast playable thanks to all the overly aggressive Serverside Culling these spoiled tryhards keep QQ'ing about.

Why did you respond to me with a wall of text? i never said the update was bad, it's good updates for WvWvW but it need more time to be "perfect".

#43 ilr

ilr

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2726 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:11 AM

View Postjirayasan, on 14 December 2012 - 11:51 PM, said:

it need more time to be "perfect".
You're right.   ...I don't WHY I responded to that :mellow:




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users