• Curse Sites
Help
* * - - - 3 votes

My thoughts about balance and ppls QQ ...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

#31 redslion

redslion

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

Ok... the idea is: the one who makes error loses.

Ok. But the problem is that some classes have a hard time making errors. I have found thieves able to be in stealth 90% of the time. And I'm an engineer, so I don't have all the AoEs I want. Or I do, but they are not big enough to stop a thief if he escapes.

Morale of the story: if a thief is not distracted, he will just run away and reset the fight. Until YOU make a mistake. Unless you are a glass cannon too, maybe. But if you are a glass cannon, you'll have more chance to get killed.

And... have the devs ever solved the rendering problem? You know, seeing the thief 2 seconds after he made the first attack could make the difference between life and death.

Let's put it this way: some classes could have a much higher chance of making a mistake than others. For instance, if with an engineer I can prevent an attack by combining two skils from two different kits, I have to press 4 different buttons instead of one. So I have a higher chance of making a mistake.
So yeah, if I get killed by a thief it's not necessary that he is more skilled than me. Maybe he's just playing a more fault-proof class than mine.

But I don't care about whining, for thieves have a hard time killing me. I just want to remind what unbalance we are facing: some classes could be easier to play than others.

P.S.: Ok, cool, you Polish are cool. But this is an English forum. So everyone should try his best to speak in a decent English. I'm not British myself (I'm from Italy), but speaking another language is not an excuse for writing in a bad English. If you make a mistake, just say sorry. No problem with that. It happens.

#32 dynia666

dynia666

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:33 PM

View Postredslion, on 21 December 2012 - 02:49 PM, said:

Ok... the idea is: the one who makes error loses.

Ok. But the problem is that some classes have a hard time making errors. I have found thieves able to be in stealth 90% of the time. And I'm an engineer, so I don't have all the AoEs I want. Or I do, but they are not big enough to stop a thief if he escapes.

Morale of the story: if a thief is not distracted, he will just run away and reset the fight. Until YOU make a mistake. Unless you are a glass cannon too, maybe. But if you are a glass cannon, you'll have more chance to get killed.

And... have the devs ever solved the rendering problem? You know, seeing the thief 2 seconds after he made the first attack could make the difference between life and death.

Let's put it this way: some classes could have a much higher chance of making a mistake than others. For instance, if with an engineer I can prevent an attack by combining two skils from two different kits, I have to press 4 different buttons instead of one. So I have a higher chance of making a mistake.
So yeah, if I get killed by a thief it's not necessary that he is more skilled than me. Maybe he's just playing a more fault-proof class than mine.

But I don't care about whining, for thieves have a hard time killing me. I just want to remind what unbalance we are facing: some classes could be easier to play than others.

P.S.: Ok, cool, you Polish are cool. But this is an English forum. So everyone should try his best to speak in a decent English. I'm not British myself (I'm from Italy), but speaking another language is not an excuse for writing in a bad English. If you make a mistake, just say sorry. No problem with that. It happens.

one thief can't kill pro engi =P for killing engi need at least 2-3 ppls like on guardian (if you tell me you play glass cannon engi or guardian I will laugh into your face)

#33 redslion

redslion

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

No. They mostly can't kill me. But it happens that they com out of stealth and backstab/heartseek me when I'm low on health, 0.1 seconds before my heal lands. After I fought fiercely against someone.

But neither I can kill them, if they just keep stealthing. From my experience, it's hard for an engi to counter stealth: we lack big AoE damage skills, unless we go for grenades. We have bombs, we have jumpshot, we have other stuff, but their area of effect is too limited to stop a thief from running away.

#34 MrForz

MrForz

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[Jar]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:30 AM

View Postdynia666, on 21 December 2012 - 11:33 PM, said:

(if you tell me you play glass cannon engi or guardian I will laugh into your face)

GOOD SIR, I PLAY GLASS CANON ENGI... Sometimes, for 5min max, then back on the hybrid set. Yes, Thieves have a very hard time killing Pistol/Shield engies, but any of them with half a brain and a Shortbow will manage to get out of reach when the opponent gets the upper hand.

#35 dynia666

dynia666

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

View PostMrForz, on 24 December 2012 - 04:30 AM, said:

GOOD SIR, I PLAY GLASS CANON ENGI... Sometimes, for 5min max, then back on the hybrid set. Yes, Thieves have a very hard time killing Pistol/Shield engies, but any of them with half a brain and a Shortbow will manage to get out of reach when the opponent gets the upper hand.

they will run away and who cares when they won't capture point you defend ? they become useless for team

#36 redslion

redslion

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

No. They will run away and make sure they strike when you are focusing on an enemy. Or maybe when you are running away from a zerg. Then, 4 heartseekers while you are low on health, waiting for the heal to be active, and you are dead. Points to the other team. Another kill to the thief. He feels skilled.

And, actually, if a thief makes an error he deserves to DIE, as any other class (well, I don't personally agree on this, but is what thieves always say to anyone that whines or complains about them). So our team gets 5 more points.

I want to make one thing sure: I don't think thieves are OP. I think they are pretty annoying, and I find annoying the fact that is such a easy class to play. But I admit I'm a bit biased, for I have to play Chopin on my keyboard, as an engineer, so don't mind my whine too much.XD

#37 Piteous

Piteous

Asuran Acolyte

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 98 posts
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

I can chew bubble gum and fart at the same time. :cool: So I must be OP.

Edited by Piteous, 10 January 2013 - 09:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users