• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SpellWeaver

SpellWeaver

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:41 AM

Hey guys, I just have a few questions that i'm not too sure about and heres the 'lore' behind it

So I was talking to a friend of mine about GW2 who said he hadn't enjoyed the game as much as he'd hoped. I told him I was getting Guildwars 2 soon and how I had wished I could try it out you know just to get the feel for it, as I am not too confident with my Laptop running with GW2 Even on the low settings.

So, he suggested that he give his account to me, And this is where I get a little bit confused.

He is registered on the  NA datacentre, if he where to give his account to me an EU player what would happen? How would that work? Would he suddenley be transferred and registered on the EU server? Or would I Connect to the NA despite having an EU IP, my assumption is that it probably won't work at all, or I may have to change some settings.

I still need to download the client of course

So, what exactly would happen here?

#2 Astral Projections

Astral Projections

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • Guild Tag:[MIND]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

I think it is region locked. There are North Amerian and European sales of Guild Wars 2. To play the game in Europe you need to have the version bought from Europe and the same for North America. My understanding is that an American version won't work in Europe.

http://www.guildwars...-region-locked/

"So there you have it. You can play on any server but you have to play the game from an IP that is based in the region from which you purchased the game. This is great news for people who want to play with their friends and guildies all around the world. It may be a slight obstacle for travellers until they find a solution."

#3 Lordkrall

Lordkrall

Legion Commander

• Members
  • 5370 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:00 AM

^ That information is very old.

As of now you only need to login the first time with a IP from the region where the game was bought. And since your friend has already logged in on a NA-area IP so it should do fine.

#4 SpellWeaver

SpellWeaver

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:17 AM

View PostLordkrall, on 12 December 2012 - 10:00 AM, said:

^ That information is very old.

As of now you only need to login the first time with a IP from the region where the game was bought. And since your friend has already logged in on a NA-area IP so it should do fine.

Thank you. So does that mean I can log on through NCSOFT (The EU portal) ? and  if he did give me his account, Am I able to download the client of that  website once logged in? And migrate to desolation EU because I would want to connect to the EU server from now on, but there is word of travellers who will always connect to the area they logged in first so that there is no inconvenience when it comes to playing while travelling (For example I live in NA, I travel to the EU but I can still log into NA so that I don't lose my friends, Characters etc)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users