• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Download failed! Please check your internet connection and try again. (2)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tivanosa

tivanosa

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:45 AM

Hi,

I've encountered the "Download Failed! Please check your internet connection and try again. (2)" issue when using the GW2 launcher to download the last 102 files of the client. Each time it fails, I need to quit, download about 100mb of data again, and then I receive the error yet again.

Although I've tried many of the solutions suggested on the internet, I am intrigued by the VPN option recommended on this forum, primarily by AshleySergovia.

I downloaded WTfast and managed to get it to execute the GW2 launcher. However, while the launcher proceeded to download the 100mb+ data for the last 102 files, none of the network activity appeared to go through the VPN. The launcher reported d/l speeds of 800kb/s, but the VPN registered 0 up and 0 down for network activity.

Could anyone provide a brief guide on how to use the WTfast VPN effectively to get around this GW2 download issue? I would like to ensure I am using it correctly before ruling it out as a failed method for resolving this issue.

Thank you.

#2 Mr.Kotte

Mr.Kotte

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Soap]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:26 AM

View Posttivanosa, on 12 December 2012 - 03:45 AM, said:

-snip-
Hi!

I'm not going to help you with WTfast, as I see no reason for you to use it. I'm sure other users can answer this for you.

But I'd like you to try the following:

1. Repair your current GW2 installation by adding the -repair parameter to the shortcuts target, like this;
Target: "C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe" -repair
(note that the path to Gw2.exe may differ depending on where you installed it)

2. Repair didnt work? Try these parameters; -nopatchui -image. Before running the shortcut with these parameters, make sure you have "Auto-Play" enabled. (note: -nopatchui will remove the gui that updates gw2, if the update gets stuck, kill it in taskmgr)

3. Remove any possible obsolete/interfering files. \Guild Wars 2\ need only contain Gw2.exe and Gw2.dat.

When I got the "Download Failed" issue, it was during the Lost Shores update, where hundreds of thousands of players were "stealing" my connection so to speak.

This really sounds like you have a corrupt file or two and a repair should solve it.

Edited by Mr.Kotte, 12 December 2012 - 11:23 AM.

#3 Quaker

Quaker

Technician

• Technicians
  • 3345 posts
  • Profession:Ranger
  • Guild Tag:[n/a]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

Also, check that your ISP doesn't consider GW2's downloader as a P2P client and automatically throttles it.

Of course, there's also a possibility that there's simply a bad router/server between you and ANet.

#4 Mr.Kotte

Mr.Kotte

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Soap]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

View PostQuaker, on 12 December 2012 - 08:20 PM, said:

Also, check that your ISP doesn't consider GW2's downloader as a P2P client and automatically throttles it.

Of course, there's also a possibility that there's simply a bad router/server between you and ANet.
His pattern seems to be duplicatable tho, since it consistantly fails on the last 102 files :S. If it were either ISP or bad routing, wouldn't it be more spontaneous and not always be the last 102 files? If it were the ISP blocking the P2P connection, he wouldn't have been able to download the game all the way to 102 files :P

Edited by Mr.Kotte, 12 December 2012 - 10:34 PM.

#5 Quaker

Quaker

Technician

• Technicians
  • 3345 posts
  • Profession:Ranger
  • Guild Tag:[n/a]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

You could look at it that way, but up until the last 102 files, he would have downloaded x amount of data. It may be that "x" amount of data is the limit, and once the ISP thinks it's a P2P client, it blocks all further access. :)

In any case, the P2P blocking is more common in business or school networks - less common in residential ISPs.

Edited by Quaker, 13 December 2012 - 04:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users