Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

[Answered] Playing the same dungeon path with different characters


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Shadow209

Shadow209

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 292 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:10 AM

Hi, I was told, you can comlete the same dungeon path multiple times a day, if you are using different characters and wait at least 2 hours in between the runs.

This is, what the wiki says about this:

Quote

Tokens are rewarded at the completion of a dungeon path. The amount awarded is 60 tokens after the first run of each path on each character. Diminishing returns apply if the same path is completed repeatedly within the same day, and reduce the tokens rewarded by half.
http://wiki.guildwar...om/wiki/Dungeon

So in the wiki the 2 hours aren't mentioned, but it also says "per each character".

Can anyone please confirm, that you get the full reward, if you use different characters and clarify, if you have to wait in between the two runs or not.

#2 Rumstein

Rumstein

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:59 AM

You get the full reward, if you use different characters.
You do not have to wait.
However, each character has diminishing returns after each path.

#3 Arquenya

Arquenya

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1200 posts
  • Location:Netherlands
  • Guild Tag:[DVDF]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

View PostShadow209, on 12 December 2012 - 06:10 AM, said:

Hi, I was told, you can comlete the same dungeon path multiple times a day, if you are using different characters and wait at least 2 hours in between the runs.

This is, what the wiki says about this:
http://wiki.guildwar...om/wiki/Dungeon

So in the wiki the 2 hours aren't mentioned, but it also says "per each character".

Can anyone please confirm, that you get the full reward, if you use different characters and clarify, if you have to wait in between the two runs or not.
You can do every path with every character once in every 24 hours for full reward. It resets at 00:00 server time.
After that you get 20 instead of 60 tokens for finishing a path (so not half).

As far as I've tried, it definitely doesn't reset every 2 hours.

#4 francron

francron

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

I tried. and i am not sure if it's reset by 2 hours.
Run AC full 3 paths and reward 180 token with my mesmer,
then switch to my guardian and immediately join in another group for AC 3 paths, and got 90 tokens.

#5 Sheepski

Sheepski

    Seraph Guardian

  • Moderators
  • 1240 posts
  • Location:Manchester
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

View Postfrancron, on 12 December 2012 - 09:57 AM, said:

I tried. and i am not sure if it's reset by 2 hours.
Run AC full 3 paths and reward 180 token with my mesmer,
then switch to my guardian and immediately join in another group for AC 3 paths, and got 90 tokens.

Yep, same here. I've run the same path on different chars after each other and hit DR. The 2 hours is a waiting time between repeating the same path for different characters, to ensure you get the full 60 per run.

Question, feedback or issue? Pm me!


#6 Zhero

Zhero

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 21 posts
  • Location:The Netherlands
  • Guild Tag:[Kale]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:30 AM

This is how it works: you can get 60 tokens per character while doing the same path, but you have got to run another dungeon in between. If you don't do this, your reward gets halved. So for example, if I run Arah path 3 with my warrior (giving me 60 tokens) and want to run it again with my guardian it would get only 30 tokens if I run path 3 again immediately. However, if I complete a random Ascalonian Catacombs path and then do Arah path 3 again with my guardian he would get 60 tokens as well.

I'm not sure whether I get the 60 tokens again because of some timer resetting after two hours or because I ran a different dungeon in between (Arah is a pretty long dungeon, so it might take 2 hours to complete it 2 times with a random other dungeon in between, resetting the 2-hour timer right before I compete it for the second time) but as far as I know (from my own experiences) this is how it works.

Edited by Zhero, 12 December 2012 - 10:30 AM.


#7 Sheepski

Sheepski

    Seraph Guardian

  • Moderators
  • 1240 posts
  • Location:Manchester
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

View PostZhero, on 12 December 2012 - 10:30 AM, said:

This is how it works: you can get 60 tokens per character while doing the same path, but you have got to run another dungeon in between. If you don't do this, your reward gets halved. So for example, if I run Arah path 3 with my warrior (giving me 60 tokens) and want to run it again with my guardian it would get only 30 tokens if I run path 3 again immediately. However, if I complete a random Ascalonian Catacombs path and then do Arah path 3 again with my guardian he would get 60 tokens as well.

I'm not sure whether I get the 60 tokens again because of some timer resetting after two hours or because I ran a different dungeon in between (Arah is a pretty long dungeon, so it might take 2 hours to complete it 2 times with a random other dungeon in between, resetting the 2-hour timer right before I compete it for the second time) but as far as I know (from my own experiences) this is how it works.

I thought this at first, but when I literally ran CoF path 1 and 2 on warrior, then path 1 on thief straight away I got 30 tokens for the final run.

Question, feedback or issue? Pm me!


#8 Cedoc

Cedoc

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

View PostSheepski, on 12 December 2012 - 10:37 AM, said:

I thought this at first, but when I literally ran CoF path 1 and 2 on warrior, then path 1 on thief straight away I got 30 tokens for the final run.
You need do different dungeon in between not different path.

#9 Sheepski

Sheepski

    Seraph Guardian

  • Moderators
  • 1240 posts
  • Location:Manchester
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

View PostCedoc, on 12 December 2012 - 12:02 PM, said:

You need do different dungeon in between not different path.

Yeah I tried that too. CoF 1/2, HoTW 1, CoF 1... still 30 tokens from second CoF 1.

Question, feedback or issue? Pm me!


#10 Shadow209

Shadow209

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 292 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

So if I want to run HotW path 1 two times with different characters, I just have to wait 2 hours in between, but I can do an other dungeon in that time.
Thanks for the info.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users