• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

[Answered] Achievments by zone and total completion lists?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jimmie51

jimmie51

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GLH]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

Ok so I have been looking around and havn't been able to find anything.  Is there anywhere that has all the achievements listed by zone?  Basically with all of the stuff to do in each zone I seem to forget about them while I am in that zone so I end up going back there multiple times while trying to get teh achievements.  Not that it is a huge amount of money but you can end up spening a lot of wasted money in just popping from waypoint to waypoint while completing them.  If some one hasn't already done it I am thinking of gathering all the info and trying to put it in one place.  That is unless some one has already tackled that pain in the butt.

Also I have noticed that in some areas I have total map completion and yet I am only 171 of 174 for shiverpeaks for example.  I have yet to find what I am missing.  Have any of you seen where this info is compiled some place?

Thank in advance for your replies.

#2 BrettM

BrettM

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FPI]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

The wiki page for each zone is your best bet. Some of the zone pages do not list the jumping puzzle(s) in that zone, though I'm sure the omission will be corrected in time.

The map completion is based only on marked points in the zone. However, many zones contain small named areas that do not have any PoI, vistas, hearts, etc. You need to discover the names of all areas in each zone to finish the region achievements. Again, the wiki page for each zone, and particularly the complete zone map on the page, is your best guide as to what you might be missing. You can click on any of those maps until you get the largest version, making it easier to read.

#3 jimmie51

jimmie51

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GLH]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

View PostBrettM, on 12 December 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

The wiki page for each zone is your best bet. Some of the zone pages do not list the jumping puzzle(s) in that zone, though I'm sure the omission will be corrected in time.

The map completion is based only on marked points in the zone. However, many zones contain small named areas that do not have any PoI, vistas, hearts, etc. You need to discover the names of all areas in each zone to finish the region achievements. Again, the wiki page for each zone, and particularly the complete zone map on the page, is your best guide as to what you might be missing. You can click on any of those maps until you get the largest version, making it easier to read.

Awesome that is exactly what I was looking for but I guess I didn't notice it was listed that way.  On my way to check it now thank you so much for your help

#4 matsif

matsif

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1516 posts
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

for the shiverpeaks, I know in wayfarer foothills there are 2 areas that are often overlooked as there is no POI or vista or anything in them.  one is shaman's rookery, a (rather easy) jumping puzzle that is very easy to run by, and the other is a cavern south of taigan groves and darkriven bluffs in the water.  I've rarely if ever seen anyone in that cavern and it doesn't count towards zone completion, so most just completely pass over it.

#5 cobalt

cobalt

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

I use either the wiki or this site Guildwars 2 Life

#6 BrettM

BrettM

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FPI]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

One note on "hidden" jumping puzzles, like Shaman's Rookery: you don't actually have to complete the jumping puzzle to get credit for the area. All you need to do is enter the area far enough for the name to pop up as a discovery.

#7 GrandmaFunk

GrandmaFunk

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GWJ]
  • Server:Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

http://gw2cartographers.com/ is also a pretty good ressource, especially when you can't find that last heart or poi you're missing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users