Stigma

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TCG]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

View PostPotenkin, on 24 January 2013 - 01:52 PM, said:

I also use 3 set of gears which happen to be exactly the same as the above post, the only difference is that i also use boon duration runes on soldier gear.

Most of the time wearing the knight set with berserk accesories.

My reasoning is that even if you dodge all big attack , you will probably get hit by a few random ranged attack/aoe.
(Currently at 62 but still have a hard time dodging everything  especially when you have to fight in tight zone with multiple target like colossus fractal)
And if you dodge absolutely everything you risk being out of stamina for thing that oneshot/deal agony.

I mostly use full berserk on fights when there really is only one target that deal most of the damage(ascalon captain/ poison golem/norn boss/dredge armor/swamp bosses) .

This dude has pretty much nailed it.

#32 Kalekip

Kalekip

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

and what weapons do you use when you are running the warhorn?

because i think i've got a good build with some nice dmg and thoughness. I use axe/axe or mace for dps and axe/shield for some blocking/thoughness.
For the difficult high damage bosses i use axe/shield and rifle and switch VIII in strenght to II

http://gw2skills.net...uy8oogG6UgqUhyA

Edited by Kalekip, 27 January 2013 - 04:55 PM.

#33 Potenkin

Potenkin

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

View PostKalekip, on 26 January 2013 - 11:20 PM, said:

and what weapons do you use when you are running the warhorn?

Mostly axe

#34 Stigma

Stigma

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TCG]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

View PostPotenkin, on 27 January 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

Mostly axe

^
I've been breezing through Fractals 40+ dailies using full Berserker gear with greatsword and axe+warhorn swap without breaking a single piece of armor. Shout heals are over rated =P

j/k it really depends heavily on if you get good players together. Armor and heals are more like training wheels and precautions in case you or the team screws up.

I personally abandoned using the shield much in fractals because Vigor is so much more important than invincibility for a few seconds and a long cool down.

Edited by Stigma, 28 January 2013 - 10:01 AM.

#35 Potenkin

Potenkin

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

View PostStigma, on 28 January 2013 - 09:59 AM, said:

I personally abandoned using the shield much in fractals because Vigor is so much more important than invincibility for a few seconds and a long cool down.

I generally agree, but still there is always some specific case where it has it use like against dredge armor boss, i find shield stance more reliable and easy to use, than double dodge (no risk of "out of stamina") against his agony attack.

Edited by Potenkin, 28 January 2013 - 07:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users