• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Interested in trying out the game again, but can't remember my password.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MisterJaguar25

MisterJaguar25

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

Ok so, I wanna try out this game again, but either I'm not remembering my password correctly (though I'm sure that I am, I've tried every possible password I would've used back then) or I've been hacked. My email has been spammed with Anet account confirmations, for some reason, and I think I've heard that it has to do with being hacked. I've went to the support site and had them send me an email with a new password to reset my password, but I haven't gotten the email, and I've tried multiple times. They're able to send me emails regarding new content in the game (like halloween), so I know that I should be getting an email from them. Yet......nothing. What do I do? I really don't want to have to buy the game again since I'm not even sure that I will stick with it this time. I even attempted to send them an email via [email protected] and it failed. Can anyone help?

#2 Quaker

Quaker

Technician

• Technicians
  • 3359 posts
  • Profession:Ranger
  • Guild Tag:[n/a]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

You need to take a closer look at those confirmation e-mails. If ANet detects a change in your IP (and maybe your computer hardware as well), you need to confirm that it's actually you by responding to a confirmation e-mail. Check that the IP and location in the confirmation e-mail are yours.
After you confirm, you can play.
Of course, by now you may have futched things up too much.

Edited by Quaker, 14 December 2012 - 04:47 PM.

#3 Astral Projections

Astral Projections

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • Guild Tag:[MIND]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

The confirmation emails are to establish your identity and location. Use an IP locator to confirm it matches the next time you try to log in. If it matches then hit accept and then you're on. Let the computer remember the site. You will probably get several of those emails, just check each one.

#4 Vysander

Vysander

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 333 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[UNS]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

Few questions.

Were the authentication emails you received in the time period that you were not playing the game? or since you have been trying to log in?

Are you sure A-net still has you email as the accounts email address?

#5 ChuyDog08

ChuyDog08

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

Try using the password... password

#6 MisterJaguar25

MisterJaguar25

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

Sorry for the delay in response, I've been busy. The emails have been coming in before and after I quit the game, and my account was never hacked when I played. They're all titled "Activate Your Guild Wars 2 Account", this is what they say:

"Thanks for creating a Guild Wars account!
You're almost done-we just need you to confirm your email address by clicking the link below.
https://account.guil...DD-B083FB2C7747
Need help or have questions about your account? Visit our support site: http://support.guildwars2.com/.
--The ArenaNet Team"

I go to the link, it takes me to their website, and on the page it says:

"Success

You have successfully verified your e-mail address.
Please log in."

I click log in, and it does nothing. I hit it repeatedly, nothing. I haven't moved since playing the game, the only changes have been a change in modem adapter (which happened during the time I played GW2, and that never did anything to my account) and a reinstallation of windows. So I don't know what's going on. Maybe I forgot the password, but I still haven't gotten any respone to my email from Anet. What do I do? I'd rather not have to buy the game all over again when I'm not even certain that I'm gonna stick with it.

edit: I just went to support and made a support account using my other yahoo account address, and I immediately got a message from Arenanet saying they will review my ticket shortly. Note, I never got a response from Anet on my other email address, the one that I was getting emails from Anet from. Odd....

edit: got my account back, yay :D

Edited by MisterJaguar25, 20 December 2012 - 01:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users