Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Toymaker Confusion


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gene098

gene098

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:52 AM

Hey all,

1)The toymaker is visiting every race's own capital and giving out toys with elements of that race...so do I have to be that race in that race's city to receive that race's toy or can I be one race and just go to all the race's cities and receive all the different race's toys?

Ex.
Human goes to Queensdale receive human version toy
Human goes to Charr's city to receive the Char version toy....etc.

2)Does Lion's Arch have gateways to all the different cities so I don't have to explore by foot?

3)Are the new PvP feature the snowball fight or was it something else? Will it be permanent?

4)The new WvW implements, will they be permanent too?

#2 Al Shamari

Al Shamari

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 718 posts
  • Location:United States
  • Guild Tag:[DR]
  • Server:Darkhaven

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:57 AM

View Postgene098, on 13 December 2012 - 02:52 AM, said:

Hey all,

1)The toymaker is visiting every race's own capital and giving out toys with elements of that race...so do I have to be that race in that race's city to receive that race's toy or can I be one race and just go to all the race's cities and receive all the different race's toys?

Ex.
Human goes to Queensdale receive human version toy
Human goes to Charr's city to receive the Char version toy....etc.

2)Does Lion's Arch have gateways to all the different cities so I don't have to explore by foot?

3)Are the new PvP feature the snowball fight or was it something else? Will it be permanent?

4)The new WvW implements, will they be permanent too?
1) We can only speculate as I don't think there's been anything to confirm this one way or another. But, my personal guess is that you will be able to go to each of the towns and receive the appropriate toys.

2) Yes.

3) I would assume there will be new permanent PvP features, as the Snowball Fight is really just a mini-game of sorts. Similar to the way it was in the first Guild Wars.

4) Yes, they should be. If we're thinking of the same things.

#3 gene098

gene098

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:30 AM

View PostAl Shamari, on 13 December 2012 - 02:57 AM, said:

1) We can only speculate as I don't think there's been anything to confirm this one way or another. But, my personal guess is that you will be able to go to each of the towns and receive the appropriate toys.

2) Yes.

3) I would assume there will be new permanent PvP features, as the Snowball Fight is really just a mini-game of sorts. Similar to the way it was in the first Guild Wars.

4) Yes, they should be. If we're thinking of the same things.
1)You mean as one race to get all the rewards?

4)What were you thinking about?

#4 Al Shamari

Al Shamari

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 718 posts
  • Location:United States
  • Guild Tag:[DR]
  • Server:Darkhaven

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:07 AM

View Postgene098, on 13 December 2012 - 05:30 AM, said:

1)You mean as one race to get all the rewards?

4)What were you thinking about?
1) Yes, that seems to me the way they would go about it. But, again all speculation. Seems silly to me to do it any other way though, personally.

4) I was speaking of these changes.

#5 Baktwerel

Baktwerel

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2154 posts
  • Location:Terrorizing Tyria as Loki Blackskull
  • Guild Tag:[MOA]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

However the rewards could be race specific (otherwise why would they stress each race out?), as in unusable by the other races. We will find out about them soon enough though, so we will know for sure whether they are race specific or not.

#6 BrettM

BrettM

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FPI]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

However stupid ANet may seem at times, I don't think they're quite stupid enough to create content other than personal story that isn't racially inclusive. If they did that, there would be a deafening howl from the community. Some players loathe the idea of playing particular races, some love a certain race or races so much they just aren't interested in others, and some just don't like to make alts.

Each city has its own event aboard the ship for the toy for that city. When the toymaker reaches LA, you will be able to do all of the previous city events plus the event for LA from then until the end of Wintersday.  Since LA is a multi-racial city, it makes sense that all of the events would be open to characters of any race.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users