• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

I don't remember can anyone help me please!

security

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 KennyG

KennyG

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

One of my friends was chatting with me in securing my Guildwars 2 account, and that it is essential to have all your information in case if your account is hacked. He mentioned security question, and I thought to myself was there one? It was quite awhile since I registered for Guildwars 2. I can't remember if they needed you to create one, or that he was lying to me. This problem has been bothering me for weeks. Cause I really can't remember, so can anyone tell me for certain whether there was one or not?

Thanks,

Pro Gamer Curt Smith

#2 XgreatArtist

XgreatArtist

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1496 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:44 AM

i believe there was one. But simiarly i cant remember if it was a secret question but there is some form of security thing, like 4 digit number or maybe a question...

#3 Sheepski

Sheepski

Seraph Guardian

• Moderators
  • 1240 posts
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

If it was a security question I'd have hoped you would have picked an answer you could remember :) They're unlikely to ask you to tell them the question after all :)

Question, feedback or issue? Pm me!

#4 Astral Projections

Astral Projections

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • Guild Tag:[MIND]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

I wrote all my info down and I don't have anything about a security question. What I do have is a note from them to remember my display name, the Name.1234 that is on your account. You can see it when you log into the official forum and other people can see it when they email you in game. Not sure if you can easily see it yourself, maybe at the character selection screen.

"Your Guild Wars 2 User ID is: (Name.1234)
This is a unique account identifier, consisting of a name and a randomly generated four-digit code. You'll use it during the Guild Wars 2 Beta Event, on the Beta Forums, and in Guild Wars 2 after launch. The name and four-digit code will be your handle on the Beta Forums. The four-digit code does not appear in the game itself unless another player chooses the same name, in which case both your name and the four-digit code will appear.
Save this e-mail for reference! You may need to provide the game account information or your unique ID to a customer service representative to obtain customer support. "

Edited by Astral Projections, 14 December 2012 - 06:41 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: security

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users