• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Denny Haynes

Denny Haynes

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

Up until today GW2 has run fine. Running with an Nvidia 8800 card and quad core intel processor.

As of today, 14-12-12 my game client keeps freezing and i have to hard reset my pc. 11 times today i've had to do this.

Anybody else having this problem or know of a solution?

#2 Elder III

Elder III

Technician

• Technicians
  • 4424 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ION]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

It's probably related to the Wintersday update that just started.  If it is specific to that you will have to contact ArenaNet's support team.

Aside from that, have you verified that your temperatures are in line while gaming?  If not, run HWMonitor while playing GW2 and see what the highest recorded temperatures are after playing for 15-20 minutes.

#3 Mr.Kotte

Mr.Kotte

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Soap]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

If you play in windowed mode, do you still have to hard reset? Why not just kill the process from taskmgr?

If it freezes completely, its most likely hardware related. Whats your temperatures at? How recently have you upgraded/installed graphics drivers? How much effect can your PSU give?

#4 Denny Haynes

Denny Haynes

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

View PostMr.Kotte, on 14 December 2012 - 07:04 PM, said:

If you play in windowed mode, do you still have to hard reset? Why not just kill the process from taskmgr?

If it freezes completely, its most likely hardware related. Whats your temperatures at? How recently have you upgraded/installed graphics drivers? How much effect can your PSU give?

Yeah you hit the nail on the head, hardware problem. Couldn't get to task manager.

PSU and memory problems. Was running an abit motherboard posting a 9.0 error code. The rig stopped booting until i reset cmos and now at 5 years old i think it's time to update.

Thank you both for your help :)

Edited by Denny Haynes, 14 December 2012 - 08:14 PM.

#5 Mr.Kotte

Mr.Kotte

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Soap]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

View PostDenny Haynes, on 14 December 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

Yeah you hit the nail on the head, hardware problem. Couldn't get to task manager.

PSU and memory problems. Was running an abit motherboard posting a 9.0 error code. The rig stopped booting until i reset cmos and now at 5 years old i think it's time to update.

Thank you both for your help :)
Awwh, sorry it had to happen this time of the year! I know the feeling, my rig crashed 2 weeks ago.

Happy Holidays! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users