• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gazelle

gazelle

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

Most people think Mesmers are the supreme trebuchet users due to their ability to instantly repair, but I disagree:

High burst classes are great for using the trebuchet because they can effectively defend the trebuchet. They can kill enemy players before they can even touch the trebuchet. Less time spent repairing = more up-time on trebuchet, so you can support your team with trebuchet shots more frequently.

So, don’t always follow the traditional “Mesmer must use treb!” mentality. If you have a teammate who has a high win ratio in 1v1 encounters, you should stick them on the trebuchet regardless if there's an ally Mesmer. Winning 1v1 fights = trebuchet never gets destroyed = more frequent trebuchet shots to support your team, plus your ally Mesmer can be used to portal defend a side point instead. I encourage everyone to think outside of the box. Try it out. Be creative.

Feel free to discuss, ask questions, comments, etc.

In tournament PvP, this is basically what I do all day on Battle of Kyhlo:

#2 Seras

Seras

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

View Postgazelle, on 14 December 2012 - 10:27 PM, said:

Most people think Mesmers are the supreme trebuchet users due to their ability to instantly repair, but I disagree:

High burst classes are great for using the trebuchet because they can effectively defend the trebuchet. They can kill enemy players before they can even touch the trebuchet. Less time spent repairing = more up-time on trebuchet, so you can support your team with trebuchet shots more frequently.

So, don’t always follow the traditional “Mesmer must use treb!” mentality. If you have a teammate who has a high win ratio in 1v1 encounters, you should stick them on the trebuchet regardless if there's an ally Mesmer. Winning 1v1 fights = trebuchet never gets destroyed = more frequent trebuchet shots to support your team, plus your ally Mesmer can be used to portal defend a side point instead. I encourage everyone to think outside of the box. Try it out. Be creative.

Feel free to discuss, ask questions, comments, etc.

In tournament PvP, this is basically what I do all day on Battle of Kyhlo:

cool vids. how'd billy shout get a flame sword though?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users